Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

Does you Bible only have those 2 verses? My Bible has 31,172 verses. I use the all of them, not just one or two.
There is one God! The Son is called/referred to as God, in scripture, but the Son is not the Father or the Holy Spirit. Thirty six (36) scripture which address or refer to Jesus as God.
You are supposed to be a bright guy, use your brain, based on what you wrote, there is one God and the son is that one God, and the son is not the Father or the HS, it follows that the Father and the HS are not the one God.
Your misunderstanding of the scripture is noted.

and He never taught that he was God and so all that is just in your mind, no one else to be blamed for thinking that..
1 The festival of Shavu'ot arrived, and the believers all gathered together in one place.

2 Suddenly there came a sound from the sky like the roar of a violent wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.

3 Then they saw what looked like tongues of fire, which separated and came to rest on each one of them.

4 They were all filled with the Ruach HaKodesh and began to talk in different languages, as the Spirit enabled them to speak.

5 Now there were staying in Yerushalayim religious Jews from every nation under heaven.

6 When they heard this sound, a crowd gathered; they were confused, because each one heard the believers speaking in his own language.

7 Totally amazed, they asked, "How is this possible? Aren't all these people who are speaking from the Galil?

Amen!
Those verses do not show Jesus to be God. Jesus is the son of God.

Those verses do not show Jesus to be God. Jesus is the son of God.
Well, is English NOT your first language ?
Yes indeed Yeshua ( His REAL Name ) IS the ONE TRUE FLESH AND BLOOD Son of God, a fact to which I have been striving to show everyone here for some time now.. ALSO HEBREW HAS NO " J " I THEIR ALPHABET!!!!!!!!!

Matt 1:18 Here is how the birth of Yeshua the Messiah took place. When his mother Miryam was engaged to Yosef, before they were married, she was found to be pregnant from the Ruach HaKodesh. 19 Her husband-to-be, Yosef, was a man who did what was right; so he made plans to break the engagement quietly, rather than put her to public shame. 20 But while he was thinking about this, an angel of ADONAI appeared to him in a drea m and said, "Yosef, son of David, do not be afraid to take Miryam home with you as your wife; for what has been conceived in her is from the Ruach HaKodesh. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Yeshua, [which means `ADONAI saves,'] because he will save his people from their sins." 22 All this happened in order to fulfill what ADONAI had said through the prophet, 23 "The virgin will conceive and bear a son, and they will call him `Immanu El."a (The name means, "God is with us.")

Well, is English NOT your first language ?
Yes indeed Yeshua ( His REAL Name ) IS the ONE TRUE FLESH AND BLOOD Son of God, a fact to which I have been striving to show everyone here for some time now.. ALSO HEBREW HAS NO " J " I THEIR ALPHABET!!!!!!!!!

Matt 1:18 Here is how the birth of Yeshua the Messiah took place. When his mother Miryam was engaged to Yosef, before they were married, she was found to be pregnant from the Ruach HaKodesh. 19 Her husband-to-be, Yosef, was a man who did what was right; so he made plans to break the engagement quietly, rather than put her to public shame. 20 But while he was thinking about this, an angel of ADONAI appeared to him in a drea m and said, "Yosef, son of David, do not be afraid to take Miryam home with you as your wife; for what has been conceived in her is from the Ruach HaKodesh. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Yeshua, [which means `ADONAI saves,'] because he will save his people from their sins." 22 All this happened in order to fulfill what ADONAI had said through the prophet, 23 "The virgin will conceive and bear a son, and they will call him `Immanu El."a (The name means, "God is with us.")

You are supposed to be a bright guy, use your brain, based on what you wrote, there is one God and the son is that one God, and the son is not the Father or the HS, it follows that the Father and the HS are not the one God.
Jesus calls the father God, father calls Jesus God, both call Holy Spirit God!

Wrong! Don't know about you but I have always found it helpful to actually read a post before trying to respond. Are you clairvoyant? I don't recall hearing/seeing anything which said said/implied the Father, unlike the Son and the Holy Spirit, was not God. There is no necessity to list scripture which call or refer to the Father as God. But here is another list.
There is one God! The Holy Spirit is called/referred to as God, in scripture, but the Spirit is not the Father or the Son. Acts 5:3-4, Acts 28:25-27.
Scripture which identify the Holy Spirit as God
[1] Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
This passage, Act 5:3-4, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as God by equating lying to the H.S. with lying to God.
= = = = =
[2] Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.​
This passage Act 28:25-27, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as YHWH by saying the H.S. spoke words which were spoken by YHWH, in Isa 6:8-10, below.
Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, [יהוה/YHWH] saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.​
= = = = = = = = = = =
[3] Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. [O.T. see יהוה/YHWH, Jer 31:33-34]
This passage, Heb 10:15-17, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as YHWH by saying words spoken by YHWH, in Jer 31:33-34, below, were spoken by the H.S.
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, יהוה/YHWH] I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.​
= = = = = = = = = = =
[4] Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. [O.T. יהוה/YHWH, Ps 95:10]
So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) [O.T. יהוה/YHWH, Deu 1:34-35]
This passage, Heb 3:7-11, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as YHWH by saying words spoken by YHWH in Psa 95:10-11, and Deu 1:34-35, below, were spoken by the Holy Spirit.
Psa 95:10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.
= = = = = = = = = =
Deu 1:34 And the LORD [יהוה/YHWH] heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying,
35 Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers,​
There is one God! The Father, the Son, and the Spirit, all three are called/ referred to as God, in scripture, but each has a distinct mind, will, and self; John 16:13, 1 Cor 12:11, Philippians 2:5, John 5:26, Rom 8:27, Matthew 26:39.

Your misunderstanding of The Trinity and your strawmen are noted.

Yes and I see the quoted passage and I already know this, do you have a point or an idea that you wish to impart ?
Yep , the point is Jesus is not God
You post is saying " Your Lord and Savior have a God " ? not very good English but never mind that for now, is this a statement/claim on your part or what is it about ?
It is about Jesus saying he is ascending to his God, and Paul writing about the God and father of Jesus Christ.
Let see now ? oh yes!!
John 20:6 A week later his talmidim were once more in the room, and this time T'oma was with them. Although the doors were locked, Yeshua came, stood among them and said, "Shalom aleikhem!" 27 Then he said to T'oma, "Put your finger here, look at my hands, take your hand and put it into my side. Don't be lacking in trust, but have trust!" 28 T'oma answered him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Yeshua said to him, "Have you trusted because you have seen me? How blessed are those who do not see, but trust anyway!" 30 In the presence of the talmidim Yeshua performed many other miracles which have not been recorded in this book. 31 But these which have been recorded are here so that you may trust that Yeshua is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by this trust you may have life because of who he is.
Itr clearly states that Jesus is the son of God...In case you missed it I highlighted it for you.
When ever the Hebrews/Israeli made any sacrifice to God. the actual sacrifice had to be pure and without spot of blemish.. The same is demanded of a man being the sacrifice . Herein is the problem. Not one man is pure,, as we are all born with the sin nature of Adam. Yeshua, Gods Son is NOT born of man and has no " sin nature "..
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Jesus was a man, not a God, if he was God he could not have died.
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
This passage proves that Jesus was not God or a God-man as some claim...Itsays he was made lower than the angels....

It is about Jesus saying he is ascending to his God, and Paul writing about the God and father of Jesus Christ.
Itr clearly states that Jesus is the son of God...In case you missed it I highlighted it for you.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
This passage proves that Jesus was not God or a God-man as some claim...Itsays he was made lower than the angels....
As with all heterodox folks you quote 1-2 verses out of context and think you have made your case. What was Jesus before He "was made a little lower than the angels?"
Philippians 2:6-7​
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:​
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:​
John 1:14​
14 The Word [acting on Himself] became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.​

you do not quote Scripture/s when you make claims ? He, Yeshua, always speaks of " HIS FATHER " not very often does He say " His God " do you agree ?
So do you truly believe that He has saved us form eternal separation form God or not ? Well ? this is the one and only true purpose of Gods Word/The Bible and Yeshua's birth death and resurrection.

YES!!! no one is arguing over this. The major issues is that He alone, was the only acceptable Sacrifice for all mankind as He alone IS without sin. YES again He IS the flesh and Blood Son of God. We have already spoken on that.

John said He " was God " the Word and " was with God " ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) in John 1:1 before He became " Flesh " ( incarnate as the God-Man Jesus Christ ) in John 1:14! The doubting Apostle Thomas said this " My Lord and My God " after seeing the resurrected Christ with His crucifixion wounds in John 20:28! So yes they did indeed and the case is closed!
Jesus was made a little lower than the angels... He was not made a God-man ...a God-man would be higher than the angels... Thomas saying My Lord and my God do not make Jesus God...

Back