Dueteronomy 30:6

Reformedguy

Given our recent debates on Ezekiel 36 I thought I would post another verse proving regeneration precedes faith.

"The Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the hearts of your descendents so that you may love Him with all your hear and with all your soul and live".

Our detractors have agreed that replacing the heart of stone with a heart of flesh is regeneration. Clearly here regeneration must occur before one can love God with all there heart and soul.

Conditional statement:
Deut 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

It is always by God's grace that we can please God and a carnal man can not please God. Is Jesus saving the carnal man or is the old man being put away? If Jesus is purring the old man away then Jesus is calling new spiritual creations to himself quickened out of death who can hear and respond to the Spirit's calling. God gives the spiritual man faith but it is God;s faith spiritually at work in him. God putting his Spirit in the new spiritual creation give the new creation access to faith. It comes as a result of conversion but even when God calls the new spiritual creation to himself God's faith is at work in him. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God".

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Conditional statement:
Deut 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
Yes, but they will not and can not unless Jesus is within them spiritually. God is calling the new spiritual man to himself and not the old man dead in trespasses and sins. :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Conditional statement:
And how does that happen? See verse 6 which precedes verse 10. Read it forward not backwards

V.10 does not refute; rather, it provides the condition of v.6
Verse 6 comes first. There is no condition given in verse 6. Your reading it backwards. It does not change the fact your heart must be replaced in order for you to love God. Verse 10 does not change that.

Given our recent debates on Ezekiel 36 I thought I would post another verse proving regeneration precedes faith.

"The Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the hearts of your descendents so that you may love Him with all your hear and with all your soul and live".

Our detractors have agreed that replacing the heart of stone with a heart of flesh is regeneration. Clearly here regeneration must occur before one can love God with all there heart and soul.
Except it says nothing at all about unbelievers

and it says nothing about turning unbelievers in to believers

Deuteronomy 30:1-2 (KJV)
1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;

and it appears to address those who view the Lord as their God and repent

Total fail

Last edited:
Except it says nothing at all about unbelievers

and it says nothing about turning unbelievers in to believers

1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;

and it appears to address those who view the Lord as their God and repent

Total fail
Sure it does, see verse 6. Your heart must be circumcised before you can love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul. Unbelievers do not have circumcised hearts. They do not love the Lord their God. Read it very slowly.

Another one who will not deal with verse 6.

Sure it does, see verse 6. Your heart must be circumcised before you can love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul. Unbelievers do not have circumcised hearts. They do not love the Lord their God. Read it very slowly.

Another one who will not deal with verse 6.
Except you were trying to prove it turns unbelievers into believers

Hello

that does not do it

Further

It is the repentant who the promise is for

Except you were trying to prove it turns unbelievers into believers

Hello

that does not do it

Further

It is the repentant who the promise is for
Thats what it says genius. Uncircumcised do not love God. God circumcises their heart and then what happens according to the verse?

Thats what it says genius. Uncircumcised do not love God. God circumcises their heart and then what happens according to the verse?
You keep ignoring the point

where does it mention unbelievers becoming believers through regeneration

and you are also ignoring the fact that this is a promise to the repentant

In verse 6. The uncircumcised. Circumcised heart is regeneration. The new heart which you agreed was regeneration.

In verse 6. The uncircumcised. Circumcised heart is regeneration. The new heart which you agreed was regeneration.
This has not changed

why are you ignoring these facts?

Proof texting does not an argument make.

Doug

What does Jeremiah 4:4 say?

Back