Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

We all know the reasons that Trinitarians give to justify their belief.
Can you answer the questions in the thread?

Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?​

No, I don't believe Jesus did. I can only guess as to the reasons why he didn't, but strangely his disciples/apostles taught that Jesus was God after his resurrection. Maybe this is one of the truths that they were not able to bear while Jesus was alive. But after Jesus was resurrected, the apostles taught it and wrote about it.

John 16:12I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

John is once again teaching that Jesus is God even the true God and eternal life.

what is your contention here...Is God the lamb?...God exalted Jesus to that place...God and the lamb is God and Jesus...You are a bright fellow...Is the Lamb God?
Should I try to dumb my post down so you can understand it?
Re 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Jesus is set down with the Father in His throne.
Re 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. .​
But there is only one throne in heaven and only one sitting on the throne.
Re 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, Re 4:10, 5:1, 5:7, 5:13, 6:16, 7:10, 7:15, 20:11, 21:5, 10 vss.​
Only one sits on the one throne.
Re 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Re 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.​
But the lamb is in the midst of the throne.
Re 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.​
The one throne in heaven is the throne of God.
Re 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Re 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:​
But it is also the throne of the lamb.

Luke 4:18
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Jn 5
30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
very clear Jesus is saying he working for his Father...

In order to be obedient one must follow orders...
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
NOTHING here concerning taking orders.

ALL use of the power He surrendered when becoming was RESTORED.
Who did he surrender to? And restored by whom?
Yep, the Son has power over all flesh, just as The Father has, which is why Jesus raised Himself from the dead by His OWN power.
The son said God gave him all power...did you not read it? Or are you calling Jesus a liar?
Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Should I try to dumb my post down so you can understand it?
I understand the scripture... what I have a problem with is your claims that it some how says Jesus is God... The first verse denied Jesus is God. Jesus is with his Father God.
Re 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Jesus is set down with the Father in His throne.
Re 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. .​
But there is only one throne in heaven and only one sitting on the throne.
Re 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, Re 4:10, 5:1, 5:7, 5:13, 6:16, 7:10, 7:15, 20:11, 21:5, 10 vss.​
Only one sits on the one throne.
Re 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.​
Re 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.​
But the lamb is in the midst of the throne.
The lamb is in the midst of the throne with his Father God...that is simple English...I will ask you one more time Is the lamb God?
Re 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.​
The one throne in heaven is the throne of God.
Re 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.​
Re 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:​
But it is also the throne of the lamb.
God gave the lamb to subdue all things in heaven and earth then the lamb becomes subject to God...That is written in your bible...On a side note where is the third person in the throne?

Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?​

No, I don't believe Jesus did. I can only guess as to the reasons why he didn't, but strangely his disciples/apostles taught that Jesus was God after his resurrection. Maybe this is one of the truths that they were not able to bear while Jesus was alive. But after Jesus was resurrected, the apostles taught it and wrote about it.

John 16:12I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

John is once again teaching that Jesus is God even the true God and eternal life.
No, he is not. That is your misunderstanding of the scripture... Read it slowly...The son of God came and has given us an understanding that we may know him that is true...(that would be his Father) refer back to Jn 17:1-4. Even in his Son (clearly John is saying God has a son who teaches us about his father the true God) Not that the son is the true God.
Jn 17
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

It would do you well to study this chapter...John cannot be contradicting himself.

No, he is not. That is your misunderstanding of the scripture... Read it slowly...The son of God came and has given us an understanding that we may know him that is true...(that would be his Father) refer back to Jn 17:1-4. Even in his Son (clearly John is saying God has a son who teaches us about his father the true God) Not that the son is the true God.
Jn 17
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

It would do you well to study this chapter...John cannot be contradicting himself.
My interpretation fits in with the rest of John's words in his gospel and letters.
The only true God became flesh, Jesus Chrsit. The incarnation is when God became known as Father and Son.

My interpretation fits in with the rest of John's words in his gospel and letters.
The only true God became flesh, Jesus Chrsit. The incarnation is when God became known as Father and Son.
There is no mention of an incarnation in the scripture...and God is not known as the Father and the Son actually, Jesus said his father is his God. If the only true God became flesh who was the ONLY TRUE GOD praying to?

You just changed the subject because your heresy was refuted.
How is the subject changed...?
1 John 4:14
And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
Jesus is not God...He was sent by God... You are denying this...

I understand the scripture... what I have a problem with is your claims that it some how says Jesus is God... The first verse denied Jesus is God. Jesus is with his Father God.
The lamb is in the midst of the throne with his Father God...that is simple English...I will ask you one more time Is the lamb God?
God gave the lamb to subdue all things in heaven and earth then the lamb becomes subject to God...That is written in your bible...On a side note where is the third person in the throne?
You continue to ignore the final verse I quoted.. Does one who you claim is subservient to God sit on God's throne which is also His throne and serve along with God?
Revelation 22:1
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.​
There is one throne in heaven it is the throne of God and the lamb.
Revelation 11:15
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.​
Grammar rules require that the reflexive pronoun refer to the nearest preceding noun, Christ.
Rev_22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.​
Revelation 22:3
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:​
Revelation 22:5
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.​
They shall reign forever and ever. Who is they? God and the Lamb. vss. 22:1 and 3.

Being you are not the authority on this, I would advice you to be very cautious about trying to judge me as not being born again, and instead I will point you back again to the clearest words that Jesus ever spoken in the gospels concerning who we are to know as The Only True God and who we are to know as the Christ whom he sent below.

John 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they might know you (he was praying to the Father) The Only True God and Jesus the Christ who you sent".

The above, was spoken by the real authority on this and being Jesus himself told us over and over again that his words were not his own but rather the Father's who sent him and although I am sure that you would love to alter them and do also, they will remain as written and will be in those books that will be opened by God at the GWTJ also.
FYI again, NO one is born again UNLESS they accept the REAL Jesus Christ ( Both God and Man as per John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:6+8 ) as their LORD & Savior! You admit on Record on CARM that you do NOT believe the REAL Jesus Christ is also God ( the former WORD in John 1:1, through & by whom ALL things were made/created as per John 1:3/Col.1:16 ) and is just a man like us! Thus those posted scriptures ( NOT Me ) are the judgment against your Twisted ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) belief! Case closed as the REAL Jesus Christ is in Fact ( according to God's inspired scriptures that I posted ) both fully God ( the Word of John 1:1 ) and fully human as a man by the Flesh ( incarnation - God the Word in the Flesh ) as so stated in John 1:14! All those posted scriptures ( AS IS ) rebukes your belief ( Jesus is just a man and not God also ) as per 2 Tim.3:16!

You are totally confused about what is meant by "all things being created through Jesus", so let me enlighten you on it.

If I was to build a house, I would first start with a plan and which would be called a blueprint and after building my house, even though the blue print never had an actual hands on part in building the house, it would still be true that I built the house "through the blueprint".

This is similar to what is actually meant by all things being created through Jesus, for Jesus was the model God was looking at in the future who would fulfill his purpose in creating all things and Paul is actually speaking of this in Colossians 1:15-16 and also in Romans 8:29.

Therefore in this way, Jesus was the beginning of the creation as per Rev 3:14 and also the firstborn of the creation as per Romans 8:29 and Colossians 1:15-16 even though he was not the firstborn in regards to time, for he was the firstborn in God's purpose and plan and through which God created everything that he created.

John's use of the word Logos, is referring to God personified in his thought and reason that was centered on his future human Son Christ Jesus.

Therefore when the Logos became flesh, God's thought and reason or his plan and by which he created all things, was made a living sentient being in flesh and blood, and that is what John means and not that the Logos was a literal living sentient being and with The God in the beginning and as a second person of God.

Tertullian even revealed that he understood the Greek words used by John to mean this but because he was not of God, he twisted what God apparently showed him and added the idea that the Logos was a literal living person or second person of your false trinity god.
FYI again Jesus was NOT Created because All things were created through/By Him as per John 1:3/Col.1:16! He was God the WORD with God ( the Fater & Holy Spirit in John 1:1 ) in the beginning before He created All things in John 1:3/Col.1:16! Case closed!

Back