What is "freewill"?

Then how can God make man is His own "image" and after his "own likeness" and not give/grant man "free will"?

"Free will" is having the innate ability to choose for one's self.
Exactly right! Adam & Eve did possess Libertarian Free-Will; the power of contrary choice. But when Adam breached the Covenant of Creation with God, he fell into bondage to sin!

The Truth Will Set You Free

John 8:31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33 They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?”

34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin."

Ephesians 2: 1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

I hope you will study these passages, and understand under what condition the human race has fallen in Adam, before a Holy God? Understanding Original Sin or the Imputed Sin of Adam to his progeny, brought the power of sin, death and condemnation that enslaves all sinners, without exception! In other words, the will now as sinners is enslaved to sin!

Reactions: Joe
Free Will is the ability to make choices according to our nature and with God's approval...

According to the Bible "our nature" got everyone in trouble from Adam & Eve to the Disciples. And FYI; God only approves of His own Will and not "our nature".

I believe that "free will" only exists in God and salvation is a sovereign act of God, that starts in Him and ends in the believer believing according to His Will, making His Will ours too.
I do not believe in "free will "

Your choices are foreknown and are certain. You cannot choose otherwise. Do you agree?
The future is open and uncertain and changing other than where God intervenes but God just by miracle gets it right. You can choose otherwise but you can't escape God's miracle.

The future is open and uncertain and changing other than where God intervenes but God just by miracle gets it right. You can choose otherwise but you can't escape God's miracle.
The Future is Closed and Certain, never changing because God intervenes every day; it already exists. Open Theism is a Heresy. Jesus Christ is the same Yesterday, Today and Forever. Today is Tomorrow's Past, and Yesterday's Future. This is something that Open Theists don't get. God is Omnipresent, and since Space and Time are the same thing; God is also Omni-When. Because of this, God knows the Future as certainly as he knows the Past, since the Future is also his Past. You can't have an Omnipresent God who isn't also Alive in the Past, Present and Future for every one of our days...

Last edited:
The Future is Closed and Certain, never changing because God intervenes every day; it already exists. Open Theism is a Heresy. Jesus Christ is the same Yesterday, Today and Forever. Today is Tomorrow's Past, and Yesterday's Future. This is something that Open Theists don't get. God is Omnipresent, and since Space and Time are the same thing; God is also Omni-When. Because of this, God knows the Future as certainly as he knows the Past, since the Future is always his Past. You can't have an Omnipresent God who isn't also Alive in the Past, Present and Future for every one of our days...
Open future, not open Theism. God is omnipotent over, outside of and in time and creation but is not His creation. Time has no rule over God. The past is a memory and the future doesn't exist yet but only the progressive present was created. God by nature inherently knows an open future analogous to making a miraculous immersive guess that does not violate the openness of it. The future exists in God's foreknowledge/omniscience, not in the fore-existence of it or us.

Last edited:
So God does not know the beginning from then end? Are you a Open Theist?

Logical question.... and you know enough from me that .... you know I believe in foreknowledge being the predeterminate will of God brought to pass by His infinite power.

If there is no end or beginning with God. How does God know everything as classically defined by some?
Is God the creator of time and exists outside of time?

Do explain. This I have to hear
The future doesn't exist yet to know. The future is open. God is beyond time but time is only what God created. God created only the progressive present that continues on from the beginning with some intervention. The past is a memory and the future hasn't happened yet. God's foreknowledge/omniscience is analogous to a miraculous immersive incidently correct guess that is part of God's nature.

Definitely a "flavor" of Open Theism.

The concept that God is beyond time isn't supported by the Scriptures. It is an interpretation of just a few verses that do not establish such reasoning.

I've argued for a very long time that God IS Time.
I do say God is omniscient.

Do you still say God is time? If so, explain.

There is difference from the freewill Hebrew people back in the days of Noah and Moses when the law was directed to G-d’s people they had freewill to decide. Their decision is under the law because they did not know other religions or ways they were narrowminded but still the decision from good and evil existed. Did the errors of their fathers before them I mean the fall of Adam stopped them making decisions in their life. Israel did what they want based still of need of surviving. Killing, eating, proceating needs of humanity but no matter what the error of Adam did not take freewill from them.

Romans 7:19 **“**For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.”

Ezekiel 18:20 “The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.”

Psalm 110:2 “Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power; In holy array, from the womb of the dawn, Your youth are to You as the dew.”

Back