Did Jesus bear Gods wrath and was He forsaken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the OP.

Jesus took on the wrath intended for us as fellow humans.

God did not take on His own wrath.

God did not die, nor can God die.

His and Mary's son died.

Question for incarnationists...

At what point was the man Christ Jesus, God?

1...microscopic conception.

2...birth.

3....30 years old.

4...upon his resurrection from the dead.

Pick one.

It means Christ's human nature doesn't have its own human person in the hypostatic union but has the divine person the Logos.
No, I mean define personless which will in turn shed light on what it actually means. Your above is merely reflective of your philosophical depiction, it isn't following your "personless human nature" phrase.

So, again, define personless.

Please explain this....

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

If this ruins your faith, your in the wrong faith.
This doesn’t ruin my faith in the least. Jesus called His Father His God, and I make no qualms with it. Yet, several places state Jesus is God. John 1:1, 18, Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1, Philippians 2:5-6, Hebrews 1:8, just to name a few.

This doesn’t ruin my faith in the least. Jesus called His Father His God, and I make no qualms with it. Yet, several places state Jesus is God. John 1:1, 18, Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1, Philippians 2:5-6, Hebrews 1:8, just to name a few.
So, Divinity has Divinity?

Or, an individual human has divinity.

I gave you verses that plainly state Jesus IS God, as these men were inspired by the Holy Spirit as they wrote them. Your beef is with Him, not me.
I know Jesus is God.

The question is, does Divinity have Divinity?

Or, does an individual man that qualifies as our God have a God?

Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.[Philippians 2:6-7 NIV]

Right here shows two distinct natures in Christ, one divine and one human. Paul couldn’t been any clearer on this if he tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back