Why I am not a Arminian (Anymore)

You choose to believe without spiritual revelation correct?

You say you understand spiritual truths without the Spirit right?
Why do you keep running away from your own teachings and then pretend you have no idea what I am taking about.

Your claims, not mine.
perspicuity of Scripture. A doctrine maintaining that the gospel of Jesus Christ and the *salvation obtained through him are clearly presented in Scripture. In protest against a common view at the time prior to the *Reformation that Scripture is too complicated for ordinary people to understand apart from church *tradition and the mediation of priests, *Luther and other Reformers argued for biblical perspicuity. The doctrine influenced both their passion for Bible *translation and their preference for simple *preaching in the vernacular. Affirming perspicuity does not eradicate the need for skilled biblical interpretation or imply that every part of Scripture is plain and clear. Rather, it affirms that the message of Scripture is presented with enough clarity that it can be understood, at least at a basic level, without advanced theological or exegetical training.

Kelly M. Kapic and Wesley Vander Lugt, Pocket Dictionary of the Reformed Tradition (Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2013), 86.

thanks i am aware of how it is..i done had the welcoming committee. it went from not using scriptures to education insults to wanting to know if i was male or female
This is just my opinion, but I think the more you present scriptural arguments that they recognize on some level are true, the more they will ugly personal with you. Press on in love where you can

Theo, you missed the point.
You, Theo, were rude to me, and when i called you on it, you claim I am rude.
This has been your pattern here for years

No, YOU are the one "confused".
YOU are the one constantly attacking others, and then whining when they call you out on it.

Where was I ever "rude" to you?
You see, that's another PERSONAL ATTACK on your part, which (as you LOVE to point out) is against the rules.

Surely you are not promoting salvation that happens minus God's pesonal interaction with you to give you faith?
Of course we have to act on that faith, but initially it is a gift from God.
Provide the verse

which states saving faith is the gift

More projecting.

@Manfred destroyed your arguments and you're merely pitting Scripture against Scripture and mitigating the work of the Spirit which is blasphemous since you're misusing what He breathed out to do so.
"pitting scripture against scripture" has been one of the standard cries of Calvinists when they have nothing they can say about the meaning of scrpture.
Instead of that cop out, explanations would be profitable

No, YOU are the one "confused".
YOU are the one constantly attacking others, and then whining when they call you out on it.

Where was I ever "rude" to you?
You see, that's another PERSONAL ATTACK on your part, which (as you LOVE to point out) is against the rules.
Laugh out loud. Theo makes a rude statement, and when called on it, he claims it is rude to call him out
So should I say that he is rude to call me rude, etc. etc. etc.

Laugh out loud. Theo makes a rude statement, and when called on it, he claims it is rude to call him out
So should I say that he is rude to call me rude, etc. etc. etc.

So you keep making the false accusation (which as you WELL KNOW is AGAINST the rules), but you can't provdie any evidence...

Why are we not surprised?

More projecting.

@Manfred destroyed your arguments and you're merely pitting Scripture against Scripture and mitigating the work of the Spirit which is blasphemous since you're misusing what He breathed out to do so.
LOL

You can't destroy anything by refusing to address scripture

he ignored every verse as you do as well

Provide the verse

which states saving faith is the gift
I did not say that. I don't believe that.
You might want to go back and see what I wrote and try to figure out how you saw me saying that saving faith is a gift.
I was actually agreeing with you on that aspect of faith, and bringing in another aspect of it

I did not say that. I don't believe that.
You might want to go back and see what I wrote and try to figure out how you saw me saying that saving faith is a gift.
I was actually agreeing with you on that aspect of faith, and bringing in another aspect of it
Your words

Surely you are not promoting salvation that happens minus God's pesonal interaction with you to give you faith?

You need to rephrase your comments

So per usual Civic, your posts are just personal slams.

Another personal attack on Civic.
Double standards much?

No scripture no substance and yet you claim to be a great teacher of this forum

Another personal attack on Civic.
Double standards much?

In point of fact, civic IS a great teacher.
You? Not so much.

Once again:

James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

So per usual Civic, your posts are just personal slams. No scripture no substance and yet you claim to be a great teacher of this forum
Can you tell all of us what 2 John 1:7 means ?

Can you exegete the passage with lexicon definitions and any source anywhere that agrees with your exegesis ?

Let’s see who knows the truth and who believes a lie seth .

Next

Your words

You need to rephrase your comments
MAybe i could rephrase, but you made a statement I absoulutely did not make and attributed it to me.
But here is part of what I see in scripture on this.
Hebrews 11 says that it is by faith we understand many things about God. That faith is a gift from God, but that faith does not save; it enlightens.
To be saved, you must know what was delivered by faith and then entrust yourself to Jesus for salvation.

Can you tell all of us what 2 John 1:7 means ?

Can you exegete the passage with lexicon definitions and any source anywhere that agrees with your exegesis ?

Let’s see who knows the truth and who believes a lie seth .

Next
Yes Civic, I can explain what the verse discusses.
I know that you have laid onto this verse your own doctrine, twisting the words to suit your position
We both know the phrase you are interested in the NASB is "as coming in the flesh"
This refers to Christ being born as a man thru Mary, in fact most understand that is the teaching here.

What you teach, which is not in the verse, is that the words "as coming" mean that He will always be flesh, based on the verb tense.
I think I have asked you to show some other verbs in the NT, that carry the same meaning that once something has come. it will always be here.
So that would be first thing you could do, maybe just reference three verses that use the same Greek for "as coming" to show that what has come remains forever.

Yes Civic, I can explain what the verse discusses.

Then why don't you?
Instead of actually EXPLAINING the verse, you try to "poison the well" by projecting an interpretation by civic, and then trying to attack THAT.

I know that you have laid onto this verse your own doctrine, twisting the words to suit your position

Again, all you're doing is mud-slinging at civic's position, rather than providing your OWN.

We both know the phrase you are interested in the NASB is "as coming in the flesh"
This refers to Christ being born as a man thru Mary, in fact most understand that is the teaching here.

And you have ZERO evidence for this (unBiblical) ASSUMPTION.

The phrase, "as coming", is a "present participle" (which Mounce prefers to call "continuous participle", since Greek participles don't have a temporal aspect, only aspects such as "continuous", "undefined", etc.)

If John was ONLY referring to Christ "being born as a man thru [sic] Mary", he would have used the aorist participle, not the "continuous" participle. So you can claim anything you want, but you don't seem able to back it up.

What you teach, which is not in the verse, is that the words "as coming" mean that He will always be flesh, based on the verb tense.

You keep trying to shift the burden of proof.
You are UNABLE to exegete this verse.
Simply admit it.

I think I have asked you to show some other verbs in the NT, that carry the same meaning that once something has come. it will always be here.

Again, you're shifting the burden of proof.
You keep RUNNING AWAY from the challenge, since you know you CAN'T.

So that would be first thing you could do, maybe just reference three verses that use the same Greek for "as coming" to show that what has come remains forever.

Are YOU ever going to try exegeting the verse, or are you simply going to keep running away?

Back