Why I am not a Arminian (Anymore)

Sorry but you are fooling no one

The meaning of mediator does not change one iota the fact Christ is termed a man decades after the resurrection

You are diverting and looking for reasons to not believe the text

1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV)
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Not trying to fool anyone, but i think you are.
As I said before your normal thing is to flood posts with scripture, but in this case you are not interested in scripture. Why is that?
Jesus did the mediation while He was a flesh and blood man. If you teach anything different, you are not teaching it from scripture.
This had to be done before the resurrection, otherwise there would have been no resurrection.
Denying the timing of this event does not prove anything about Jesus

Are you having a senior moment? When did I ever teach that God hates anyone?
The manifestation of “ senior “ moments on the forum are lopsidedly in favor of you. It’s a landslide victory for you seth. There is not even a close 2nd on the forum . You win by a unanimous vote .

In team sports they call it a dynasty ?

The only thing that comes close was Stef Curry winning the MVP with every vote.

You are the unanimous winner and victor in that department.

Next

Ok, I finally get what you are saying. Hyper calvinism at its worst. You have a God who hates most of the people of the world

First of all, your comment demonstrates you have no clue what "Hyper calvinism" even is.

Second, the good news is that you are on your first steps towards truly understanding the gospel. You cannot adequately understand or appreciate God's love or grace, unless you FIRST understand and appreciate God's wrath and hatred.

Thirdly, as ReverendRV pointed out (before you insulted him; good job!), you believe God hates many, if not most people. First of all, you SHOULD believe it because it's Biblical (Ps. 5:5, Mal. 1:2-3, etc.). Oh, that's right... You've REDEFINED "hate" so that you don't have to believe it about God. But the mere fact that you believe there are so many going to Hell shows that you believe God hates them. Either that, or that your god is too incompetent to "save" those he "loves". Or that you think your god is so petty that he will forgive murderers and adulterers, but he will send someone he "loves" to hell simply because he didn't "choose" Jesus.

Are you having a senior moment?

Why the constant insults, seth?

First of all, your comment demonstrates you have no clue what "Hyper calvinism" even is.

Second, the good news is that you are on your first steps towards truly understanding the gospel. You cannot adequately understand or appreciate God's love or grace, unless you FIRST understand and appreciate God's wrath and hatred.

Thirdly, as ReverendRV pointed out (before you insulted him; good job!), you believe God hates many, if not most people. First of all, you SHOULD believe it because it's Biblical (Ps. 5:5, Mal. 1:2-3, etc.). Oh, that's right... You've REDEFINED "hate" so that you don't have to believe it about God. But the mere fact that you believe there are so many going to Hell shows that you believe God hates them. Either that, or that your god is too incompetent to "save" those he "loves". Or that you think your god is so petty that he will forgive murderers and adulterers, but he will send someone he "loves" to hell simply because he didn't "choose" Jesus.

Why the constant insults, seth?
Ah, Calvinism, embracing the hatred of God.

I don't know what a Helion is, unless you mean someone who is going to Hell.
I don't doubt God's love for everyone
Does God love Esau ?

Quote it please !

End if discussion since Gods on record stating the opposite.

Refuting you is much easier than taking candy from a baby

Are you denying God in many places said He hates ?

Yes or no
I do not deny the word. but your comment brings up a point of much argument here: when do we take a word as literal and when metaphoric, and what are the guidelines for that decision. That is at the heart of many debates here: literal or figurative, and how does that affect meaning?

So, quote one of the verses about who God hates and we can discuss whether it is a literal hate or has a symbolic meaning

I do not deny the word. but your comment brings up a point of much argument here: when do we take a word as literal and when metaphoric, and what are the guidelines for that decision. That is at the heart of many debates here: literal or figurative, and how does that affect meaning?

So, quote one of the verses about who God hates and we can discuss whether it is a literal hate or has a symbolic meaning
Now apply that logic to psalm 22:1

I rest my case .

Easy squeezy like I said .

Ah, Calvinism, embracing the hatred of God.

If by "embrace" you mean "accept the truth of", then guilty as charged.
Unlike you, who DENY the truth of God.

I am worthy of hatred by God, for rebelling against Him, hating Him, and sinning against Him. He has NO reason to choose to love me or save me, other than to demonstrate His love and grace.

I can truly say, like Paul, "I am the chief of sinners."
I can truly say, "There but for the grace of God go I."

It's called "humility", seth.

And I truly don't think you can say the same thing.
Because you can "boast' in your "correct choice".
You can "boast" in your "free will" decision.

But we all know what your intention is with your comment.
You want to falsely claim that we "revel" in God's hatred of others.
Let me dispel you of that notion.
But we can't do that, because we used to BE one of those "others".

We use the GENERAL truth of God's hatred for sinners, so we can better understand God's holiness and wrath.
And we can apply it to ourselves, to recognize the incredibly DEPTHS of his mercy, grace, and love.

It's all about glorifying God.
And it's a pity you don't understand that.

Oh!
So now you're BACKPEDDLING, and finally admitting that not all verses have to be forced to have a "literal" meaning.

Congratulations, Seth!
You're finally learning!

Quote the verse that says God loves everyone the same so we can see if it’s

SYMBOLIC……………….

Popcorn ? time

Back