HTML menu issues

TibiasDad

For some reason, when using my Kindle, the HTML menu is not working/won't allow me to use it. It works fine from my cell phone, but not on my Kindle tablet. Any suggestions?

Doug

For some reason, when using my Kindle, the HTML menu is not working/won't allow me to use it. It works fine from my cell phone, but not on my Kindle tablet. Any suggestions?

Doug
Ironically, the menu works fine for me on my kindle fire. I bought it last Christmas.

But......

My android phone, using the latest android version, and the f-secure browser......
The formatting menus are not active.
I suppose I could check the other browsers.

How Strange ....
On my phone , using the firefox browser and the menu is active .

But I also notice that The upper case key is randomly activated On this browser, so I don't know That which Words it'll make Capitalized.

Ok. Now trying the Samsung internet browser.
Menu is active. No random upper case key selection.
I used to use this browser for years, but stopped using it when I began using the f-secure package.

Now I'll try using Opera next.

Doug
Now that I've worked through all 4 browsers I have, I'm curious which browser you're using for the kindle.

I use the silk browser, which is the default browser for my kindle fire.

Yes, I'm using silk browser.
Ok.... for some reason,
mine shows all the tools, and I've used them. Admittedly, I don't use them often. I'll have to recheck......​
Yeah. Everything appears to be working fine.
( started this on my computer, and finished it with all the formatting using the kindle fire/silk browser.)​
So, my next question is, have you ever updated the software?

Last edited:
I'm using Silk 86.2.31.4240.185.10
I'm also using the Kindle Fire Android 9, KFMUWI build PS7315
I found that under the three horizontal lines to left of the address line, settings under advanced, and about silk.

Back