Strike 3 and your out

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

ding

The bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ. But certain Christians tell us that it is not. Why should we believe these other Christians? Here are the strikes against these Christians who tell us that the bread and wine are not the body and blood of Christ:

strike one: the actual words of scripture say that it is the body and blood of Christ

strike two: a vast number of Christians believe that it is the body and blood of Christ. (There are no Christians who believe that Jesus was a literal door or a lamb...)

strike three: it was taught and believed by the very early church. Christians who knew the apostles, who were disciples of the apostles and whose first language was Greek.

So I say that 3 strikes and your out, right?

The bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ. But certain Christians tell us that it is not. Why should we believe these other Christians? Here are the strikes against these Christians who tell us that the bread and wine are not the body and blood of Christ:

strike one: the actual words of scripture say that it is the body and blood of Christ
they're symbolic of the gospel / His sacrifice on the cross - His shed blood, His death, burial and resurrection.

strike two: a vast number of Christians believe that it is the body and blood of Christ. (There are no Christians who believe that Jesus was a literal door or a lamb...)
those who are Christians don't believe that anymore than they believe He was a literal door or lamb.

strike three: it was taught and believed by the very early church. Christians who knew the apostles, who were disciples of the apostles and whose first language was Greek.

It wasn't taught or believed by the apostles and disciples in NT time. Those who actually did know Him, believed in Him and followed Him.

3 strikes and you're out.

they're symbolic of the gospel / His sacrifice on the cross - His shed blood, His death, burial and resurrection.

Scripture disagrees with you. Scripture says they are the body and blood of Christ.
those who are Christians don't believe that anymore than they believe He was a literal door or lamb.

So you are defining Christians as those whose interpretation agrees with yours? Do you believe that there might be an error in that line of thinking?
It wasn't taught or believed by the apostles and disciples in NT time. Those who actually did know Him, believed in Him and followed Him.

3 strikes and you're out.

Yes it was taught and believed by the apostles and their disciples in the NT time. You are still striking out.

Why this separate tantrum throwing thread?

John 6
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

No, the Christian Wolf wafers at Roman catholic mass aren't actual Jesus burger.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Why this separate tantrum throwing thread?

John 6

No, the Christian Wolf wafers at Roman catholic mass aren't actual Jesus burger.

1 Corinthians 2:14
Scripture says that they are the body and blood of Christ. I Corinthians 2:14 is more of an argument against those who believe that they are not the body and blood of Christ.

Do you know why Christ spoke in parables?
Matthew 13:10-..."Then the disciples came and asked him, “Why do you speak to them in parables?” He answered, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given....."

It was given to the disciples to know the secrets of the kingdom but to others it was not.

Matthew 13:10-..."Then the disciples came and asked him, “Why do you speak to them in parables?” He answered, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given....."

It was given to the disciples to know the secrets of the kingdom but to others it was not.

"Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

that is why catholics don't understand scripture... they aren't His disciples. they're disciples of the men of the RCC.

that is why catholics don't understand scripture... they aren't His disciples. they're disciples of the men of the RCC.
Scripture says the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ. Sorry but you are still striking out.

Scripture says that they are the body and blood of Christ. I Corinthians 2:14 is more of an argument against those who believe that they are not the body and blood of Christ.
Scripture disagrees with you. Scripture says they are the body and blood of Christ.
no, it doesn't. It disagrees with the teaching of the RCC. I disagree with the RCC teaching also. And btw, we weren't taught that as kids in catholic schools.

So you are defining Christians as those whose interpretation agrees with yours? Do you believe that there might be an error in that line of thinking?
no, not specifically me, but those who agree with the truth found in scripture, those who are born again.

yes, the error is with the RCC and those who blindly believe its false interpretation regarding the body and blood of Christ.

Yes it was taught and believed by the apostles and their disciples in the NT time. You are still striking out.
it was not taught as the RCC teaches it. They did not believe it to be His actual blood and body. What you're are saying is that Jesus told them to eat the blood and body of another human. Is that what God teaches? Remember it's a remembrance, not an actual sacrifice.

no, it doesn't. It disagrees with the teaching of the RCC. I disagree with the RCC teaching also. And btw, we weren't taught that as kids in catholic schools.

no, not specifically me, but those who agree with the truth found in scripture, those who are born again.

yes, the error is with the RCC and those who blindly believe its false interpretation regarding the body and blood of Christ.

it was not taught as the RCC teaches it. They did not believe it to be His actual blood and body. What you're are saying is that Jesus told them to eat the blood and body of another human. Is that what God teaches? Remember it's a remembrance, not an actual sacrifice.
How do we know that your interpretation isn't false.

Here are more actual words:

John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
John 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Here are more actual words:

John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
John 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
To my knowledge that has not been even one Christian who believed that Jesus was speaking literally in any of these passages is stark contrast to the bread and wine being the body and blood of Christ. So there isn't even a debate over the passages you listed. Sorry but you are still striking out here.

Scripture says the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ. Sorry but you are still striking out.
I'm sorry you don't believe the truth of scripture but instead believe the false teachings of men. I did also, but it is a whole new world with Christ when you're born again, your eyes are opened and see His truth vs the lies you were taught year after year by the RCC.

Strike one the words are symbolic
Strike two a vast number of real Christians believe it is symbolic.
Strike three it wasn't taught by the early church, the apostles didn't teach it.

So I say 3 strikes, your out, right?

Just because you say something, does not mean we all have to believe the false teaching of an evil institution that lies.

To my knowledge that has not been even one Christian who believed that Jesus was speaking literally in any of these passages is stark contrast to the bread and wine being the body and blood of Christ. So there isn't even a debate over the passages you listed. Sorry but you are still striking out here.
You are wrong, your knowledge is limited.

You are wrong, your knowledge is limited.

You are listening to Matt Slick???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back