Different types of Calvinism

eternomade

I took these definitions from a post on the puritan board. I will link it at the bottom. Below are some distinctions in "Calvinism" and even Lutheran/Arminian. I consider myself high/ultra high Calvinist. Where does this chart place you? There seems to be much confusion and speaking past each other regarding some of these terms.

Hyper-Calvinism: Beliefs: God is the author of sin and man has no responsibility before God. The Gospel should only preached to the elect. i.e. duty faith. and anti-missionary Belief in the five points is a prerequisite for true salvation, also known as Neo-Gnostic Calvinism. Proponents: Joseph Hussey John Skepp and some English primitive Baptists.

Ultra High Calvinism: Beliefs: That the elect are in some sense eternally justified. A denial of: The Well– Meant Offer; Common Grace; and God having any love for the non-elect. Proponents: John Gill, some ministers in the Protestant Reformed Church of America

High Calvinism: Beliefs: That God in no sense desires to save the reprobate, Most deny the Well-Meant Offer. Supralapsarian viewing God’s decrees. All hold to limited atonement. Most believe in particular grace and see the atonement as sufficient only for the elect. Proponents: Theodore Beza, Gordon Clark, Arthur Pink

Moderate Calvinism: Beliefs: That God does in some sense desires to save the reprobate, Infralapsarian in viewing God’s decrees. Affirms Common Grace. Proponents: John Calvin (some argue that he was a High-Calvinist), John Murray, RL Dabney

Low Calvinism: Beliefs: That Christ died for all in a legal sense, so one can speak of Christ dying for the non-elect. That God has two distinct wills. Affirms the Well-Meant Offer and Common Grace, Proponents: Amyraldrians , RT Kendal

Lutheranism: Beliefs: That Calvinist over emphasize God Sovereignty over man’s responsibility. That Christ died for all in legal sense, that some are predestined on to life but none are predestined onto death. That the sacraments are means of grace regardless of one’s faith. Proponents: Martin Luther, Philipp Melanchthon, Rod Rosenbladt

American Baptist: Beliefs: That God has given man libertarian freedom, that God’s knowledge of future is based on His foreknowledge. That Christ died for all and desires all to be saved. Once a persons believes the gospel, he is eternally secure. Rejects Calvinism, some would even call it heretical. Proponents: Jerry Falwell, Adrian Rogers

Arminianism Beliefs: That God has given man libertarian freedom, that God’s knowledge of future is solely based on His foreknowledge. That Christ died for all and desires all to be saved. A person can fall from the state of grace i.e. lose ones salvation, since it is our free will that chooses Christ at conversion. Proponents: Jacob Arminius, John Wesley some Methodists

You're above hyper calvinist, but we need to think of a name first.
I've engaged the PB's in the past, refuting their Conditional Time Salvation heresy. One went as far as to say 1 Corinthians 2:14 teaches that any belief in anything spiritual, no matter the religion, means the person is born from above. That is thorough deception IMHO.

I've engaged the PB's in the past, refuting their Conditional Time Salvation heresy. One went as far as to say 1 Corinthians 2:14 teaches that any belief in anything spiritual, no matter the religion, means the person is born from above. That is thorough deception IMHO.
It is. I only know of 1 person who is a PB. He tells me the Gospel is not the means of salvation.:oops:

It is. I only know of 1 person who is a PB. He tells me the Gospel is not the means of salvation.:oops:
Yep, they call me a Gospel Means preacher, which is meant to be derogatory.

Funny isn't it, a true Hyper calls me out for being evangelistic. And opponents here call me out with their false charge that I am not evangelistic and/or somehow magically know who is and isn't elect, and preach only to the former. Gotta love it, lol!

Supra :) is fitting.

above the rest ?
As per usual you don't know what you're talking about and make yet another false charge. Still sowing seeds of discord? Proverbs 6:12-14.

Yes, yes, in fact you are.

How is that walk going while you practice this daily? It definitely isn't walking in the light by the standards of 1 John. When will you confess, repent, and apologize?

As per usual you don't know what you're talking about and make yet another false charge. Still sowing seeds of discord? Proverbs 6:12-14.

Yes, yes, in fact you are.

How is that walk going while you practice this daily? It definitely isn't walking in the light by the standards of 1 John. When will you confess, repent, and apologize?
The person in this OP asked a question and I gave an actual answer to that question and didn't RUN AWAY from it ROFL like cough cough err you.

My response is PERFECT to go above his number 1 on the list and bump it to number 2.

Feeling guilty by chance ?

oops.......................................

The time delay argument is ridiculous. If you believe that regeneration precedes exposure to the Gospel in any way, you are a hyper Calvinist.

If you believe God created sin, you are hyper.

You are deflecting.

Why can't someone he is talking to actually ask him of he believes God created sin?
yep

he will run away from the question , deflect then ad hominem will be the answer- so predictable.

1 Peter 3:15 must not be in someones bible ?

And this is a debate forum .

Sola what ?

Scripture what ?

Sola Scriptura ?

meaningless to some just an EMPTY doctrine much like the Empty god of Kenosis.

I added some context, since the recipient would be important.

Bible: Jesus tasted death for every man(Jew and Gentile).
Calvinism: Jesus did not taste death for every man(in the entire world)
Which man in the entire world is not a Jew or Gentile? Biblically, the entire world consists of either Jew or Gentile.

I added some context, since the recipient would be important.

Bible: Jesus tasted death for every man(Jew and Gentile).
Calvinism: Jesus did not taste death for every man(in the entire world)
yet scripture

Hebrews 2:9 (KJV)
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Back