Sabbath Day Salvation

JonHawk said:
Now in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, Heb 1

And that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Tim 3:15-17
And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 2 Peter 1;19
Which "prophetic word." There are so many.
Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Rev 19:10

A prophet does more than "add to scripture", they can interpret it, like Peter's sermon on the Day of Pentecost about Joel 2.

You need to get your terms straight. Peter was an Apostle, and not a prophet.
Prophets wrote Scripture in the Old Testament times, and there were 400 years of silence from prophets in the time between Malachi, and John the Baptist, who was the last OT prophet.

You may think that I am "just being picky", but no, I am just being accurate. A failure to post accurately always results in "jabberwocky theology" because something may "sound nice" but the words are meaningless. It is simply doing a "Humpty Dumpty"

Prophets wrote Scripture in the Old Testament times, and there were 400 years of silence from prophets in the time between Malachi, and John the Baptist, who was the last OT prophet.

You may think that I am "just being picky", but no, I am just being accurate. A failure to post accurately always results in "jabberwocky theology" because something may "sound nice" but the words are meaningless. It is simply doing a "Humpty Dumpty"
Apostles were inspired by the Holy Spirit to speak for revelation and theology, and to write it down, but EW was neither!

Too bad that our SDA friends on this board reject that fact as being inconvenient.
Which shows to us that in the final sense, her teachings trump the scriptures, as whenever it comes down to what she wrote and stated, her views prevail!

JonHawk said:
Now in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, Heb 1

And that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Tim 3:15-17

Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Rev 19:10

Yes, 1 Corinthians 2:9-16 shows us that. I have it and can hear His voice speak to me the meaning of His Word. That is the gift of prophecy from the Spirit of Christ.

Yes, 1 Corinthians 2:9-16 shows us that. I have it and can hear His voice speak to me the meaning of His Word. That is the gift of prophecy from the Spirit of Christ.
The Holy Spirit confirms and reveals the Bible to us, but He never adds another additional revelations to it!

He was both, just as John, who wrote Revelation, was. I have been told by God that He was giving me the office of teacher. But I also have the gift of prophecy. But I am not a prophetess with that office. But because of these gifts from God, Himself, I can teach both men and women.

An apostle, being the highest, has all the offices under him.

ONLY the ones recorded down to us in the Bible were and are such!

Not everything recorded is command for all of us. Like the personal prophecy to Paul by the Prophet Agabus was for Paul only. It didn't mean that none of us should go to Jerusalem because we would land in jail.

We still have personal prophecy available to us now. I've been given personal prophecies to me, concerning my future. And they were true.

He was both, just as John, who wrote Revelation, was. I have been told by God that He was giving me the office of teacher. But I also have the gift of prophecy. But I am not a prophetess with that office. But because of these gifts from God, Himself, I can teach both men and women.

An apostle, being the highest, has all the offices under him.
You are NOT allowed to teach over men in the church, as God does not violate His scriptures!

Not everything recorded is command for all of us. Like the personal prophecy to Paul by the Prophet Agabus was for Paul only. It didn't mean that none of us should go to Jerusalem because we would land in jail.

We still have personal prophecy available to us now. I've been given personal prophecies to me, concerning my future. And they were true.
The Holy Spirit does not speak to us outside of the already revealed word of the Lord, as he speaks thru bible to us, thru circumstances and situations, but not thru "word of knowledge"

You are NOT allowed to teach over men in the church, as God does not violate His scriptures!

The key word is "scripture." And "scripture" are words of God, not Paul's personal opinions. To know the difference, you need to spiritually discern God's voice, and ask Him. I did, and He told me. I am NOT sinning. But you being a man don't care to ask. That's okay, you are not hurting me, and if you did I would forgive you anyway. You are not in the minority - I am. But then again "few there are" who care to ask. James 1:5-6

The key word is "scripture." And "scripture" are words of God, not Paul's personal opinions.

Thou doest post jabberwocky!

You are attempting to say that Paul wrote his mere opinions in the books he authored, and that those "opinions" did not rise to the level of Scripture. Such a distinction cannot be proved.

Thou doest post jabberwocky!

You are attempting to say that Paul wrote his mere opinions in the books he authored, and that those "opinions" did not rise to the level of Scripture. Such a distinction cannot be proved.

Not all of any book. But he said when it was God, and when it was himself. Read 1 Cor. 7

Not all of any book. But he said when it was God, and when it was himself. Read 1 Cor. 7
Paul makes it very plain in 1 Corinthians 7 when he is offering his own opinion. Could you cite the verse(s) where he tells you he is speaking for himself and not the Lord as far as women teaching over men in church?

"I had indulged the desire for vinegar. But I resolved with the help of God to overcome this appetite. I fought the temptation, determined not to be mastered by this habit. For weeks I was very sick; but I kept saying over and over, The Lord knows all about it. If I die, I die; but I will not yield to this desire. The struggle continued, and I was sorely afflicted for many weeks. All thought that it was impossible for me to live. You may be sure we sought the Lord very earnestly. The most fervent prayers were offered for my recovery. I continued to resist the desire for vinegar, and at last I conquered. Now I have no inclination to taste anything of the kind. This experience has been of great value to me in many ways. I obtained a complete victory." Counsels on Diet and Foods p. 485

Vinegar was just the thing to wash those oysters down with.

That addiction sounds a lot like alcoholism.

Homemade vinegar at that time was made with / resulted in....
...An alcoholic drink a minimum of 3% and climbing rapidly.
...Ellen was a functioning alcoholic with a penchant for Oysters.

Another consideration should be made here - about "Oysters"...
..& the common belief that they cause arousal or "sexual excitement".
..Ellen wrote more than a little about Great Apes breeding women.

MANY bars serve Oysters because the customers like the taste and sexual aspects...
...Could it not be that the teachings on Amalgamation of man and beast actually.
...Came from Ellen bunting on vinegar bottles followed by her predation of Oysters?

It's possible.

Back