Public Education in Vegas. What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas?

Harry Leggs

The district is asking people not to share the video, saying, "We strongly encourage students and members of the community not to share footage of this incident or any other student fights. Showing this video serves no purpose other than to further ridicule and embarrass the victim and embolden bullies."

Caught on tape for all to see is about the only good thing to say about this. Did the teacher follow protocol? What will happen to her? The beat down will continue until the student gets tired from punching her defenseless victim? What will be the result? Will the perp get expelled? How will they handle it? These are some but it does provide a glimpse of schools inability to handle chaotic situations when they happen in the classroom.

The district is asking people not to share the video, saying, "We strongly encourage students and members of the community not to share footage of this incident or any other student fights. Showing this video serves no purpose other than to further ridicule and embarrass the victim and embolden bullies."

Caught on tape for all to see is about the only good thing to say about this. Did the teacher follow protocol? What will happen to her? The beat down will continue until the student gets tired from punching her defenseless victim? What will be the result? Will the perp get expelled? How will they handle it? These are some but it does provide a glimpse of schools inability to handle chaotic situations when they happen in the classroom.
Another argument for home schooling.

Reminds us of the trans gender student rapist and the school did everything they could for cover up.

Another argument for home schooling.
I am wondering if the teacher was simply following protocol? All anyone would have had to do was grab the hitter and physically remove. Physical intervention may bring about abuse charges or disciplinary action? Physical intervention was clearly needed here and the female teacher may have been physically unable? Stop stop stop??? Is that it? Is that protocol? So lame.

No teacher aides in the classroom? How many students?

And they were all blows to the head???? Nobody intervenes?

Last edited:
I am wondering if the teacher was simply following protocol? All anyone would have had to do was grab the hitter and physically remove. Physical intervention may bring about abuse charges or disciplinary action? Physical intervention was clearly needed here and the female teacher may have been physically unable? Stop stop stop??? Is that it? Is that protocol? So lame.

This is what the left has brought us to. Students are using their phones to post the video later on social media. Teachers definitely wont touch a kid and I don't blame them as who wants the hassle of the aftermath if the puncher gets hurt. This is leftist America.

This is what the left has brought us to. Students are using their phones to post the video later on social media. Teachers definitely wont touch a kid and I don't blame them as who wants the hassle of the aftermath if the puncher gets hurt. This is leftist America.
Valid point. If the teacher physically intervenes it is all on tape subject to the scrutiny of the mob. I know they do not want recordings in the classroom. These events embarrass the schools and the kids come from all kinds of backgrounds. Including homeless shelters, abusive homes, and on it goes.

Valid point. If the teacher physically intervenes it is all on tape subject to the scrutiny of the mob. I know they do not want recordings in the classroom. These events embarrass the schools and the kids come from all kinds of backgrounds. Including homeless shelters, abusive homes, and on it goes.
Why anyone would want to be a teacher is beyond me.

Why anyone would want to be a teacher is beyond me.
I did listen to Jordan Peterson on Joe Rogan and Peterson said China graduates more or equal engineers in one year than the United States has engineers which is scary enough. Somehow the United States needs to do better. I just don't see it happening under the current system. Non-Public may yield better results and a lot depends on the location of the Public School. In higher districts amounts to more tax dollars, students from more stable families, better schools and better results.

These kids go to college with the goals of getting engineers and science degrees and then realize they are in over their heads and change to easier degrees. I am sure you know all this. Along with there is no pretty way to physically restrain a person. It looks ugly from the outside by people who have never had to do that sort of thing.

There has to be enforced behavior codes. That girl needs to be gone from the school classroom. And frankly, I don't care where she goes as long as she is out, let the experts figure out where she goes.

we don't know

Teachers should not be expected to be body guards. That's not their job.

You people live in a world filled with boogiemen. We have no idea what the back story is and if anyone is to blame but the attacker.

“Violent acts, assaults, and bullying will not be tolerated in the Clark County School District, and those who choose to engage in these activities will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” said Superintendent Jesus F. Jara.

I did listen to Jordan Peterson on Joe Rogan and Peterson said China graduates more or equal engineers in one year than the United States has engineers which is scary enough. Somehow the United States needs to do better. I just don't see it happening under the current system. Non-Public may yield better results and a lot depends on the location of the Public School. In higher districts amounts to more tax dollars, students from more stable families, better schools and better results.

These kids go to college with the goals of getting engineers and science degrees and then realize they are in over their heads and change to easier degrees. I am sure you know all this. Along with there is no pretty way to physically restrain a person. It looks ugly from the outside by people who have never had to do that sort of thing.

There has to be enforced behavior codes. That girl needs to be gone from the school classroom. And frankly, I don't care where she goes as long as she is out, let the experts figure out where she goes.
Our son dropped out of H.S freshman year. Got in trouble.

Magnet school.

Applied at the university, was accepted and by age 21 was teaching math at the university and Computer science,. He was complaining that kids didn't have enough math for his school and many had to take 2 math classes to catch up. Most kids that want to be engineers, can't do the Calculus and get knocked out by the math prerequisite.
Our daughter has engineering doctorate.
Finishing an electrical engineering textbook. She completed all her engineering University math requirements before starting H.S.Both kids were in gifted programs in grade school set up like a home school with less than 8 students.

we don't know

Teachers should not be expected to be body guards. That's not their job.

You people live in a world filled with boogiemen. We have no idea what the back story is and if anyone is to blame but the attacker.

“Violent acts, assaults, and bullying will not be tolerated in the Clark County School District, and those who choose to engage in these activities will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” said Superintendent Jesus F. Jara.
The beating was against "school policy"

Your party offers BLM and Antifa as violent role models.

Teacher can't do much other than calling the school security officers, unfortunately. Anything else opens them and the school up to the mob, as well as lawsuits for touching the kids. That's how it is these days. So glad my wife got out and has moved to private school teaching.

Teacher can't do much other than calling the school security officers, unfortunately. Anything else opens them and the school up to the mob, as well as lawsuits for touching the kids. That's how it is these days. So glad my wife got out and has moved to private school teaching.
I showed the videos to a couple of teachers and one teacher aide and they all said the same thing. They would have gotten between the two. Of course we do not know if the teacher in the video was pregnant or whatever. As far as I know there is no protocol for this and the teachers did not want to view the video. Which to me was weird. It was too distressing to them which was also weird. There was a range of emotional reactions from rage of sorts to disgust.

We would think they would use this as training material into how to handles situations like this. One said teachers can get hit and it is no big deal but when students get whacked like this then it is really a big deal. Lawsuits all around. Sue the parents, the school district, the teacher and on it goes.

Back