Sabbath Day Salvation

Does going to church on Saturday make you a Christian?
AV Lk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Did that work for Jesus and Jesus' disciples ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Prologue:
Last time I checked, "Thou shalt not bear false witness" is still a sin to keep man from going to heaven, Right ???
AV Re 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but [are] the synagogue of Satan.

Post resurrection Jesus' words. Does Jesus recognize Jesus' Church as Jews(ref Rom 11) ???

Many are going to miss the last flight to heaven over Jesus' words in semantics, Right ???

So you want to play "semantics" with GOD's meaning in words, Right ???

AV Mt 13:13-16 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Still want to be a literalist to GOD's words in "semantics" ???

How many brides does Christ have ???

AV Ex 32:32-33 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. 33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

How many Book(s) of Life are there ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Semantics? You keep harping about that in order to follow in Christ's footsteps, one must observe Sabbath as he did. I am simply pointing out that you do not. I have also pointed out that Jesus kept all of the Jewish feasts and festivals, whereas you do not. Therefore, you are being selective in which of his footsteps you will follow.

Prologue:

AV Ro 13:9-10 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

AV Mk 2:27-28 And he said unto them, The sabbath["the seventh day"] was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Do you think GOD is Omniscient in the languages of men ???

What does Adam's name mean in the original language of Genesis ???

You know that GOD does not grade on a curve for willful disobedience in sin, Right ???

Did Jesus break the commandment "Thou shalt not bear false witness" in Mk 2:27 in Omniscience ???

It will always come down to killing the Truth by men, directly or indirectly, words or actions !!!

AV Re 21:6-8 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Jesus will fulfill the Father's will completely to the very end. Everyone one that belongs to Jesus knows that !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
Jesus is not talking about mankind, he is talking about Jews. The context of the passage shows that.

If a man receives circumcision on a Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, are you angry at Me because I made an entire man well on a Sabbath? John 7:23 NASB

Do you think God is omniscient in the languages of men? By your logic, according to this verse, all men are subject to circumcision.

Thank you for sharing your opinion !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Michael;
The Words of Paul are not just opinion
and he warned us of a person that would come in the days of
The Laodicean Church;
you know this one;

Matt.24:48
48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart,
My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants,
and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him,
and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites:

there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.[/indent]

How many excuses has the SDA's made why Christ didn't come in 1843 / 1844
EGW even prophesied the soon return of Christ in 1888

Whats you excuse for that failure

Semantics? You keep harping about that in order to follow in Christ's footsteps, one must observe Sabbath as he did. I am simply pointing out that you do not. I have also pointed out that Jesus kept all of the Jewish feasts and festivals, whereas you do not. Therefore, you are being selective in which of his footsteps you will follow.
AV 1C 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, [even] as unto babes in Christ.

Are YOU "in Christ" yet ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

{Edited by SDAchristian}
AV Mt 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

"Yours in Christ, Michael", Are you aware that you have condemned yourself with your own judgment ???

You have a limited opportunity to repent, before Jesus accepts your own stated decision above as final.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Prologue:
A sinner can not save himself with works, Right ???
I have also pointed out that Jesus kept all of the Jewish feasts and festivals, whereas you do not.
You have pointed out that Jesus was present at, but not proved participation.

Did Jesus sinned, that he needed the OT remedy(works) for sin ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

AV Mk 2:27-28 And he said unto them, The sabbath["the seventh day"] was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
Jesus is not talking about mankind, he is talking about Jews. The context of the passage shows that.
AV Mk 2:27-28 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}man, and not {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}man is Lord also of the sabbath.

So you think Jesus IS NOT Omniscient enough in man's languages to know the usage difference of "made for man" versus " 'made for' 'Jews' " ???

"Therefore the Son of {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}man is Lord also of the sabbath.", So you must have a stellar explanation of why Jesus used "the Son of {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}man" versus "the Son of {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}[jew]" ???

"The context of the passage shows that.", The definite article in the original language does not. But many will kill for man's opinion versus GOD's Truth. As you pointed out, it is what you die for. But as the end times come, it is also, what a person will kill for too.

I am assuming you understand context of "The definite article" when used by a person's language in scriptures, Right ???

DUH Check question: Which "The definite article" man in scripture fits Jesus usage of creation order in the Bible, to "The sabbath" ???

So you will stick to parroted created man's explanations against Jesus' as GOD own teachings ???

As fast as the end is coming, many will be trapped by words and actions to continue the path they have chosen for themselves. Later, you and others will understand that I was faithful to the Truth I had. And the blood of those reading these words are not on my hands, but on themselves.

I look forward to Jesus explaining what happened to your thinking.

Yours in Christ, Michael

If a man receives circumcision on a Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, are you angry at Me because I made an entire man well on a Sabbath? John 7:23 NASB
Do you think God is omniscient in the languages of men? By your logic, according to this verse, all men are subject to circumcision.
AV Jn 7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Jesus used the definite article for Mark 2:27. Which makes your explanation moot. So where is the definite article in these words of Jesus in "John 7:23" ???

"Do you think God is omniscient in the languages of men?", Yes, because I pay proper attention to the language used by GOD.

"By your logic, according to this verse, all men are subject to circumcision.", By your logic, Jesus healed everyone. AND CARM does not permit Universalism as a topic.

Yours in Christ, Michael

and our resident know - notta
:devilish:Wanna - be - Jew :devilish:
Pounds his keyboard and out come stupidity once again

Prologue:
A sinner can not save himself with works, Right ???You have pointed out that Jesus was present at, but not proved participation.

Yours in Christ, Michael
And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child,
his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished,
they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;
23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord )
24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord,
A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.
--
Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.
42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned,
the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
--------------------------------

Name Sake; Michael; His Name Sake

Prologue:
A sinner can not save himself with works, Right ???You have pointed out that Jesus was present at, but not proved participation.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Why wouldn’t Jesus participate in all the Jewish feast and festivals which He being God brought into law? If He didn’t then He would have broken the mosaic law because as the SDA church says the law was split after Jesus died and rose again and we don’t follow the statutes just the 10 commandment, therefore if your suggesting Jesus didn’t participate in the festivals He would have broken the law.

AV Jn 7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Jesus used the definite article for Mark 2:27. Which makes your explanation moot. So where is the definite article in these words of Jesus in "John 7:23" ???

"Do you think God is omniscient in the languages of men?", Yes, because I pay proper attention to the language used by GOD.

"By your logic, according to this verse, all men are subject to circumcision.", By your logic, Jesus healed everyone. AND CARM does not permit Universalism as a topic.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Let's look at the question that the Pharisees are asking Jesus.

The Pharisees were saying to Him, “Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?” Mark 2:24 NASB

And what does Jesus answer?

And He said to them, “Have you never read what David did when he was in need and he and his companions became hungry; how he entered the house of God in the time of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the consecrated bread, which is not lawful for anyone to eat except the priests, and he also gave it to those who were with him?” Jesus said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Mark 2:25-27 NASB

Jesus is saying that the Sabbath was intended to be a help to people, not a burden. He meant Jews, the people who the Sabbath had been given to as the sign of the covenant between them and God. He was not now declaring that the Sabbath was universal and not answering their question.

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
Tell me, how could he not participate in the feasts and festivals without breaking the Law? How could he be sinless if, being born a Jew under the Law, he did not keep the appointed times of the Lord?

Did Jesus observe Passover? Yes or no? Explain John 5:1.

Yours in Christ, Michael
You've applied Universalism to the Sabbath. BTW, Carm, like the rest of Christiandom, believes Arianism to be a theological error (heresy). And yet virtually the entire leadership of early Adventism was Arian. They believed that Christ was a created being. That's every bit as wrong as Universalism.

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
Those feasts and festivals were all sabbaths.

AV Mk 2:27-28 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}man, and not {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}man is Lord also of the sabbath.

So you think Jesus IS NOT Omniscient enough in man's languages to know the usage difference of "made for man" versus " 'made for' 'Jews' " ???

"Therefore the Son of {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}man is Lord also of the sabbath.", So you must have a stellar explanation of why Jesus used "the Son of {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}man" versus "the Son of {G3588 ho, the definite article, left out of the translation}[jew]" ???

"The context of the passage shows that.", The definite article in the original language does not. But many will kill for man's opinion versus GOD's Truth. As you pointed out, it is what you die for. But as the end times come, it is also, what a person will kill for too.

I am assuming you understand context of "The definite article" when used by a person's language in scriptures, Right ???

DUH Check question: Which "The definite article" man in scripture fits Jesus usage of creation order in the Bible, to "The sabbath" ???

So you will stick to parroted created man's explanations against Jesus' as GOD own teachings ???

As fast as the end is coming, many will be trapped by words and actions to continue the path they have chosen for themselves. Later, you and others will understand that I was faithful to the Truth I had. And the blood of those reading these words are not on my hands, but on themselves.

I look forward to Jesus explaining what happened to your thinking.

Yours in Christ, Michael
What about if someone comes to Christ who lives in Saudi Arabia. Churches are forbidden, Saturday is the first day of the week therefore a working day. Could that person worship on Friday which is the 7th day of the week and ge ok with God?

Because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit has given you life; Rom 8 Now that faith has come you are all sons of God in Christ Jesus.
It is not a sin to not observe a covenant or the laws contained therein that you are not a party to.
By the same token, if you're not a party to the covenant in Christ which gives you life you're still dead in sins.

Last edited:

Yours in Christ, Michael
You miss the point. Jesus does not specify what religion or ethnicity the man being circumcised is. The context of the passage, like the context of Mark 5, indicates that he is talking about Jewish people, the ones who are actually a party to the Mosaic Covenant. Gentiles are not a party to that covenant unless they convert to Judaism. Gentile Christians are most certainly under that covenant.

Then it seemed good to the apostles and the elders, with the whole church, to choose men from among them to send to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas—Judas called Barsabbas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren, and they sent this letter by them,

“The apostles and the brethren who are elders, to the brethren in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia who are from the Gentiles, greetings.

“Since we have heard that some of our number to whom we gave no instruction have disturbed you with their words, unsettling your souls,
it seemed good to us, having become of one mind, to select men to send to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
“Therefore we have sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will also report the same things by word of mouth.
“For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials:
that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.”
Acts 15:22-29 NASB

Back