Sharing of Christ sufferings

In 2 Cor 11 Paul describes some of the sufferings of others as he recounts the sufferings he has been enduring for Christ. He says to them...

19 For you gladly put up with fools, being wise yourselves! 20 For you put up with it when someone makes slaves of you, or preys upon you, or takes advantage of you, or puts on airs, or gives you a slap in the face.

These are regularly sufferings for Christians in many arenas. Even from other so called Christians.
Paul is teaching to Christians. what verse says 'Even from other so called Christians'?

what is a 'so called Christian' to a catholic?
there are many people who do claim to be Christian but they know almost nothing about Him, nor do their hearts desire to know about Him.

Yep empathy, Paul had empathy. Your institution has no empathy at all, look at the abuse of its victims, they were treated like criminals. The abusing priests had support from other leaders, the victims didn't.

The suffering is normal every day life in a fallen world. Oh give us all a break we in the west do not suffer at all. Being called names seriously, we all survive being called names and it is not just Christians who are called names. But Christians have the comforter and non Christians do not. I really wish RCs would understand what real suffering was, then they would have something to whine about.

At the moment the Ukrainians are all suffering Christians and non Christians. This is coming from a supposed Christian Putin. Interestingly this shows the problem, when people do not understand scriptural repentance and what a real believer is. The same as the RC leaders who hide sin and do not expose it. It leads to much suffering and unnecessary suffering.

The real suffering from Paul was not to be in heaven. Though he did have an affliction.
Matthew 5 gives a picture of the types of suffering that people who love Christ suffer in the Beatitudes.

When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. 2 Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

People who love Christ do suffer when their efforts to spread His Word are resisted, reviled, persecuted.

Matthew 5 gives a picture of the types of suffering that people who love Christ suffer in the Beatitudes.

When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. 2 Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

People who love Christ do suffer when their efforts to spread His Word are resisted, reviled, persecuted.

All people both saved and unsaved suffer. Yes well we know that RCC loves to persecute believers and resist the truth. In this day and age not in the West. Seriously you do not suffer like Christians in countries were they are killed. Get real. Paul went to prison for his faith, Peter went to prison.

The victims of the RC leaders suffered by so called Christians. Please let me know when you are thrown into prison for your beliefs, when you are starved for your beliefs and I will pray. Not likely to happen to most Western so called Christians.

The suffering is not being in heaven with Jesus for most. We all want to live with that peace and love that passes all understanding.

All people both saved and unsaved suffer. Yes well we know that RCC loves to persecute believers and resist the truth. In this day and age not in the West. Seriously you do not suffer like Christians in countries were they are killed. Get real. Paul went to prison for his faith, Peter went to prison.

The victims of the RC leaders suffered by so called Christians. Please let me know when you are thrown into prison for your beliefs, when you are starved for your beliefs and I will pray. Not likely to happen to most Western so called Christians.

The suffering is not being in heaven with Jesus for most. We all want to live with that peace and love that passes all understanding.
This is so correct. Let rc's proclaim their faith in Iran; or Afghanistan, or Yemen, or China. Let them go there and proclaim their faith, Then these people will understand true nature suffering and persecution.

This is so correct. Let rc's proclaim their faith in Iran; or Afghanistan, or Yemen, or China. Let them go there and proclaim their faith, Then these people will understand true nature suffering and persecution.
I know. We pray for them all the time. They are a mainstay of the prayers of the faithful. The Catholics and other Christians in Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen, China and even more countries suffering persecutions. They are all our brother and sisters in Christ.

I know. We pray for them all the time. They are a mainstay of the prayers of the faithful. The Catholics and other Christians in Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen, China and even more countries suffering persecutions. They are all our brother and sisters in Christ.
But you are not suffering at all. In the West life is comfortable compared to other countries. We need to stand up for things but we know we will not be tortured or killed for standing up.

But you are not suffering at all. In the West life is comfortable compared to other countries. We need to stand up for things but we know we will not be tortured or killed for standing up.
What does your argument amount to? Are Catholics in those countries living the Cross of Christ while Catholics in the west aren't?

What does your argument amount to? Are Catholics in those countries living the Cross of Christ while Catholics in the west aren't?
Well let me see, what do you think, really. RCs in the West go on and on about suffering like Christ, then move to one of the countries where you really will suffer. Otherwise don't keep bringing it up.

My goodness this again. You carry on about suffering, what suffering do you do. None. Life for every person is full of hardships, some days are better than others.

I do not what to be of the same mind as you, I want the mind of Christ. There is a major difference. I feel sorry for you RCs see non RC posts as suffering. Really you are not suffering at all.

I pray to have the mind of Jesus, to have His love for others. I want to think like Jesus etc. Not an RC who follows a man made institution and not Jesus. Who does not know what real scriptural repentance is. Who twist scripture.

Jesus is clear in scripture:

Matt 11

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
I didn't say that I was suffering. I said that it was my prayer.

Last edited:
7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Not through works but faith in Christ. Righteousness comes from Jesus and not works. He presses ahead to his goal to go to heaven. The suffering is not being in heaven with Jesus.
Paul said he wanted to become like him in his death.

Paul said he wanted to become like him in his death.
Paul said he wanted to be with him after death.

By the way Paul said heaps of things
eph 2:8,9
1 cor 5:11 this lead to the flock suffering. Now the victims of the RCC over the centuries have suffered.

I could go on about the things Paul said that RCs ignore.

Yes, but it clearly states that Paul wanted to share in Christ's sufferings by becoming like him in his death.
Oh for goodness sakes, get real. Even you will never hopefully suffer like Paul suffered. But let us be honest the victims of your institution really suffered, move on to improving your scriptural knowledge. It is more than talk.

Oh for goodness sakes, get real. Even you will never hopefully suffer like Paul suffered. But let us be honest the victims of your institution really suffered, move on to improving your scriptural knowledge. It is more than talk.
You never know. The Rapture of the church is closer than anyone realizes. Maybe he will wake up during the tribulation period and be required to lose his head for the testimony of Jesus.

You never know. The Rapture of the church is closer than anyone realizes. Maybe he will wake up during the tribulation period and be required to lose his head for the testimony of Jesus.
It does seem that the signs are aligning for something to happen. I mean the north of this country is having really bad flooding, it is starting to go down. People lost their lives, one poor person had only 20 cms left in their roof before they were rescued. They were old and must have been able to reach the outside of their roof. 80 per cent of the yearly rainfall in 4 days. It has something called a rain bomb. A very weird weather condition. Two storey buildings were not high enough.

Back