RCs like a work based salvation

Jesus didn't say we are not saved by works.

Except He did....

Eph 2:8-10....NOT OF WORKS, lest anyone should boast...

Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began...

Since Scripture clearly says He SAVED us and called us NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS....either you are wrong or Scripture is....My bet is that it's you.

Except He did....

Eph 2:8-10....NOT OF WORKS, lest anyone should boast...

He's going to say that Jesus didn't say that, Paul did.

Apparently Dingo only accepts the 4 gospels, and parts of Acts and Revelation, and rejects the rest of Scripture as "not being from Jesus".

Under the new covenant the old law was elevated. Hatred is now murder in your heart. Looking with lust is now adultry. Jesus did not come to change the law but to fulfill it.
I believe God has always looked at the heart. Jesus was pointing it out to them.

from got questions:

However, we also must consider that God defines murder as any thought or feeling of deep-seated hatred or malice against another person. In other words, it is more than just a physical act that constitutes murder to God, who tells us that “everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him” (1 John 3:15 ESV). When we harbor hatred in our hearts for another, we have committed the sin of murder in God’s eyes. The disdain towards another person never has to be demonstrated outwardly because God looks upon the heart for the truth (1 Samuel 16:7; Matthew 15:19

God has always looked at the heart 1 Sam 16:7

7 But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

God has not changed he has always looked into the heart of humans.

Why do RCs see works as saving?

The RCC is very numerically based, and works are easy to number. They like the idea of being able to reduce their sentences in purgatory by a precise number of days by saying a precise number of prayers. It just sees itself as a very "scientific" religious faith.

Tom Aquinas, the old school RC theologian argued that theology is a science, and that pretty much sums up the Catholic attitude.

Neither did those in Matt 7 who claimed to know Christ AND do good works. Jesus still said 'depart from me'. Why? And those works wouldn't have been for salvation even if they were born again.
Yeah--except they didn't know Christ in the end. They only thought they knew him becasue of the works they did.

Think Jim Baker. Baker built his empire all in the name of Christ. And it may have originally started out that way-but eventually it became less and less about Christ and more and more about glorifying Jim Baker. That is an example of people who do good works in the name of Christ but know him not.

So you reject all the Bible except for the gospel, and parts of Acts and Revelation?
I don't reject any part of the Bible. I take all of it into consideration.

There is nowhere in the Bible that says we are saved by faith alone.
Then why do you keep RUNNING AWAY from Eph. 2:8-9, 2 Tim. 1:9, Tit. 3:5, Rom. 4:1-6, 9:11-13, 11:5-6, etc. etc.?

What does "not by works" mean?
What does "righteousness APART from works" mean?
Do any of those verses say we are saved by faith alone?

Back