Sharing of Christ sufferings

You tell me I asked the question and you are avoiding answering. No surprise. You tell me the exact words which show us what suffering Paul meant.
Here is some from scripture:

II Corinthians 12:7-10, "....
Therefore, to keep me from being too elated, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I appealed to the Lord about this, that it would leave me, but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.

Therefore, to keep me from being too elated, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I appealed to the Lord about this, that it would leave me, but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.
Yep insults aren't really suffering at all, I mean the insults that RCs see are the facts. But Paul I think he really suffered insults. Hardships yep travelling by foot for miles on head that is hardship to name one. I would not enjoy that. Please what persecutions do you suffer? I believe that those in the floods , in war zones are suffering calamities, but what are your calamities? What was Paul's thorn??

I mean I know I have asked a lot of questions and I really don't expect answers. As the Christians from Indonesia have told me Christians in the West are weak and they are right.

I feel the same way about you. I have not posted anything nasty at all.

You are the one who regularly posts ad hominems about others.
Thankyou for clarifying your perceptions. I dont' understand you at all and will ignore your future posts. Nothing personal. We aren't on the same page at all. God bless.

Thankyou for clarifying your perceptions. I dont' understand you at all and will ignore your future posts. Nothing personal. We aren't on the same page at all. God bless.

I don't want to be on the RCC same page at all. You have said that all before. You really do not even notice all the ad hominems you post. My goodness. I don't and I don't care if you ignore my posts. That is fine by me but I will respond to yours if I feel like I have something to post.

My goodness this again. You carry on about suffering, what suffering do you do. None. Life for every person is full of hardships, some days are better than others.

I do not what to be of the same mind as you, I want the mind of Christ. There is a major difference. I feel sorry for you RCs see non RC posts as suffering. Really you are not suffering at all.

I pray to have the mind of Jesus, to have His love for others. I want to think like Jesus etc. Not an RC who follows a man made institution and not Jesus. Who does not know what real scriptural repentance is. Who twist scripture.

Jesus is clear in scripture:

Matt 11

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
So Paul was wrong in wanting to share in Christ sufferings by becoming like him in his death?

do you have worse suffering than he lists?

Why do ask? The point is that Jesus allows these in our lives so that his power would dwell in us. We are to boast our weaknesses so that the power of Christ dwell in us.
The point is the saved and the unsaved have problems that is life. But we believers are blessed because of Jesus and the Comforter.

What I asked was wrong in wanting to share in Christ sufferings by becoming like him in his death?
Just do it, stop being obsessed with it. Talk is cheap. I follow Jesus instructions.

Matt 6:34

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Just do it, stop being obsessed with it. Talk is cheap. I follow Jesus instructions.

Matt 6:34

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Why do you not answer the question? Was Paul wrong? Are we not to share in Christ sufferings by becoming like him in his death?

Why do you not answer the question? Was Paul wrong? Are we not to share in Christ sufferings by becoming like him in his death?
There is a word for people who demand others do what they don't. I have answered, you are obsessed. Go to Iran.

Back