Sharing of Christ sufferings

mica said:
Yes, I am. No one is 'in Christ' without it. do you think there is an unbiblical way?
what does 'born again' mean to you as a catholic?

I've noticed how often catholics here quote a verse to 'support' what they claim to believe, but the verse using 'we' in it is referring to those in scripture who have been born again. The 'we' isn't anyone who believed the teachings of the rcc. the rcc didn't exist then. Jesus and the apostles didn't teach what the rcc teaches.

If the verse is a promise (such as of forgiveness, eternal life etc), it is to those who actually do believe what they teach, not what the rcc teaches.
I've had 60 plus years of Catholic formation and now I'm getting some insight into how some zealous non CC's think and believe.
sorry to hear you've spent so much of your life in bondage to it. i was very blessed that God drew me out of it in my early 20s.

The intense campaign to have us take your human interpretations as gospel and ditch the Church, just doesn't move me.
you object to human interpretations? that's strange coming from someone who believes in a religion made up by men.

those of the rcc seem to like human interpretations... instead of being moved by those of God.

If I was a non Catholic who believed in Scripture alone
if you were a believer in Christ then you'd know what 'scripture alone' actually means. you should look up what your ccc says about it.

I would pull back from trying to force my view on others and let God give out His grace as He wills.
you mean like your rcc men leaders do in opposition of God's word? their views aren't God's views, yet they keep millions in bondage to it.

even those like the rcc won't stop Him from doing that - try as it might to force people to believe what it teaches (instead of what He teaches).

He doesn't give out grace as the rcc wills.

He called me out of it as He has other former catholics on here.

Ego much.

This is how I feel. Jesus said:

Matt 6:34

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
That is a great verse but don't you see the blessings that Jesus wants to give us by allowing us to suffer?

This is how I feel...Paul said:

II Corinthians 416-18,
So we do not lose heart. Even though are outward nature is wasting away, our inward nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is producing an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.

That is a great verse but don't you see the blessings that Jesus wants to give us by allowing us to suffer?

This is how I feel...Paul said:

II Corinthians 416-18,
So we do not lose heart. Even though are outward nature is wasting away, our inward nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is producing an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.
We who Jesus know He looks after us, those who don't have a problem Every person has sufferings both saved and unsaved, but the saved have Jesus

Matt 11:28+

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

We who Jesus know He looks after us, those who don't have a problem Every person has sufferings both saved and unsaved, but the saved have Jesus

Matt 11:28+

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Why did Jesus take Peter down the path that led to his crucifixion? That doesn't sound like an easy yoke or a light burden.

ACTS 5:

40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.

41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

ACTS 5:

40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.

41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
Yes, we should count ourselves worthy to suffer shame for his name. Thanks for sharing.

Paul didn't tell Timothy to join him in proclaiming the gospel but join him in suffering for the gospel. We don't seem to here words like this in Christianity today.
Proclaiming the Gospel and suffering for the Gospel are, of course, not two mutually exclusive notions. Paul suffered for the Gospel precisely because he proclaimed the Gospel. Conversely, if he would not have proclaimed the Gospel of Christ, he would not have suffered for Christ. A prominent example of suffering for the Gospel is the fate of the Bohemian reformer Jan Hus, who was burned at the stake for challenging the Catholic hegemony and its false gospel.

Proclaiming the Gospel and suffering for the Gospel are, of course, not two mutually exclusive notions. Paul suffered for the Gospel precisely because he proclaimed the Gospel. Conversely, if he would not have proclaimed the Gospel of Christ, he would not have suffered for Christ. A prominent example of suffering for the Gospel is the fate of the Bohemian reformer Jan Hus, who was burned at the stake for challenging the Catholic hegemony and its false gospel.
or Hus preached a false gospel

Back