Faith Alone

And I didn't make the claim ...so why did you ask the question...Are you seriously saying you have never sinned willfully? Never?

This has nothing to do with my interpretation of anything...You are claiming that I was saying I have never sinned...How did you arrive at that ?
Your interpretation of the verse you presented seemed to suggest that if you are a christian and sin you can lose your salvation.

Your interpretation of the verse you presented seemed to suggest that if you are a christian and sin you can lose your salvation.
First of all I did not interpret anything...the passage says what it says...secondly I never suggested anyone was a christian, the scripture does not say God called anyone to be a christian. Thirdly no one can sin while they are abiding in Christ...In him is no sin...men sin when they are drawn away from Christ.

First of all I did not interpret anything...the passage says what it says...secondly I never suggested anyone was a christian, the scripture does not say God called anyone to be a christian. Thirdly no one can sin while they are abiding in Christ...In him is no sin...men sin when they are drawn away from Christ.
What a complete bumbling post.

You said "First of all I did not interpret anything...the passage says what it says"...which is an interpretation in and of itself.

What a complete bumbling post.

You said "First of all I did not interpret anything...the passage says what it says"...which is an interpretation in and of itself.
Are you serious...The scripture has already been interpreted/ explained by Jesus and the apostles...There is no new interpretation/ explanation.

Oh and how do y ou "rest your dependence on"?

Let me guess. by agreeing doctrinal precepts about Jesus are true.
By not trusting your own efforts to save, but trusting who He is and His work on our behalf.
Whose God do you believe and trust? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? or something else?

How do you define "Faith Alone"?

Does faith alone mean "lawlessness" where we completely disregard the commandments?
I think to understand the Doctrine of Faith Alone, we first need to look at what are Known as the '5-Solas'; which could be called the '5-Onlies'. The 5-Solas are; Scripture Alone, Grace Alone, Faith Alone, Christ Alone, Glory to God Alone. Here's the way to look at Faith Alone (and the other Alones); Faith is so important to Salvation, it's 'as if' Faith is the Lone Factor of Salvation. The same can also be said of any of the other Solas; for instance, God's Grace is so important to Salvation, it's 'as if' it's the Lone Factor of Salvation. Obviously the same goes for Christ Alone. Calling Faith a Sola, is just meant to highly respect Faith...

When we look at the 5-Solas, it's obvious that they are not Alone; since there are five of them; right? If the 5-Solas can be put into a sentence, it would say; "We're Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the Christ of Scripture, Glory to God Alone!"...

Can you expound on this?
If a person wilfully rejects a known commandment, are they still "saved", and if so...how?
Now that's a great question...

Saint Paul spoke of the Stronger and Weaker Brothers. One had Liberty in Christ, but the other was Legalistic. I won't give a lecture about this, but the point is that a brother may think another Christian is Sinning in their Liberty; when they actually are not Sinning...

Of course there can be Wolves in Sheep's clothing, but I don't think this is what you are asking...

So, once saved always saved?
If I become a serial killer after accepting Jesus do I still get salvation, or is it more likely that I was never "saved" to begin with?
I write Gospel Tracts. I have one which is suitable to your question; if you would like me to Post it?

Are you serious...The scripture has already been interpreted/ explained by Jesus and the apostles...There is no new interpretation/ explanation.
Yep, and they never mentioned a trinity or Jesus is God...so where did that come from?

How do you define "Faith Alone"?

Does faith alone mean "lawlessness" where we completely disregard the commandments?
Faith alone to me means that I am saved by Grace through faith alone. I am made perfect forever by faith that Christ's one sacrifice atones for all my sins while I am being made Holy by God's Spirit leading me toward perfect obedience.(Heb 10:14)

It is faith alone but not dead faith alone. It is a living faith that grasps Grace and results in major changes.

Faith alone to me means that I am saved by Grace through faith alone.
But that is not what is written in the scripture, is it?
I am made perfect forever by faith that Christ's one sacrifice atones for all my sins while I am being made Holy by God's Spirit leading me toward perfect obedience.(Heb 10:14)
it seems like you did not reach vs 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
It is faith alone but not dead faith alone. It is a living faith that grasps Grace and results in major changes.
That is nonsense and not written in the scripture...If someone asks you to quote the chapter and verse where you took that from where would you point them? Do you see the problem?
1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

So then you believe in your head that this fact is true and that get's you a pass on Judgment Day?
I already have the pass Praise God! It is something we can all rejoice in. “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24

This is the wondrous love of God that he came and tabernacled with us. Immanuel!

Back