Sabbath Day Salvation

God made clear that the sabbath was the sign of the Mosaic Covenent between Him and the Children of Israel.
Hebrews told us that covenent was becoming obsolete. That covenent was completely over with the destruction od the Temple in ad70.
For those of us who have been baptized into Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek, slave or free man, male or female.
The Lords Day is now the Day observed, as the Apostles themselves saw it as being now celebrating the new Covenant established in the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus!

Also the foreigners that join themselves to the Lord...Isa 56:6
Have you yet found that NT Epistle commanded us to now observe the Jewish Sabbath?
For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all of one Father; Heb 2:11

To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus,...
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Cor 1:2-3

Also the foreigners that join themselves to the Lord...Isa 56:6

For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all of one Father; Heb 2:11

To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus,...
That's Isaiah you are quoting. Those foriegners are converting to Judaism. They were putting themselves under the Sinaitic Covenent, a different covenent than the New.

;
ALL that the Sda have to support Sabbath keeping are old Covenant passages!
Acts 15:15
And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

20 But that we write unto them,
that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication,
and from things strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him,
being read in the synagogues
every sabbath day.

"We worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews."

Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises.
The patriarchs, the Anointed One, the Liberating King, who reigns supreme over all, God blessed forever. Amen. Rom 9:4-5

And you are the sons of the prophets and of the covenant which God ordained with your fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ 26 God raised up His Servant for you first, and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways.” Acts 3
The Gentiles Bless Zion
Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. Isaiah 60:1
That's Isaiah you are quoting. Those foriegners are converting to Judaism.
Remember at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. Eph 2:12
They were putting themselves under the Sinaitic Covenent, a different covenent than the New.
Again, CT there is only one Savior. Acts 4:12

If they were indeed converted it would be into the one covenant in Christ, Who is all and in all. (Colossians 3:9-11)

For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God’s truth, so that the promises made to the patriarchs might be confirmed 9 and, moreover, that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written:
“Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing the praises of your name.”
10 Again, it says,
“Rejoice, you Gentiles, with his people.”
11 And again,“Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; Rom 15

Last edited:
The Gentiles Bless Zion
Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. Isaiah 60:1

Remember at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. Eph 2:12

Again, CT there is only one Savior. Acts 4:12

If they were indeed converted it would be into the one covenant in Christ.

For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God’s truth, so that the promises made to the patriarchs might be confirmed 9 and, moreover, that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written:
“Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing the praises of your name.”
10 Again, it says,
“Rejoice, you Gentiles, with his people.”
11 And again,“Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; Rom 15
There is one savior, but there are several covenants. And of those, the Old Covenant, Mosaic Covenant, Sinaitic Covenant, whatever name you wish to call it, ran its course and was no longer in effect after the destruction of the Temple in AD70. We are under the New Covenant now, and the remembrance sign of this covenant is the Lord's Supper, not the Sabbath. The Sabbath was the remembrance sign of the Old Covenant. If you wish to partake in corporate worship on saturday, Christian liberty lets you do so. If you wish to worship on wednesday, friday, sunday, whatever, Christian liberty lets you do so. You are not bound to the Sabbath anymore. It was a mere shadow, the substance of which is Christ.

There is one savior, but there are several covenants. And of those, the Old Covenant, Mosaic Covenant, Sinaitic Covenant, whatever name you wish to call it, ran its course and was no longer in effect after the destruction of the Temple in AD70.
Don't forget that, If you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. John 5:46
And that before the destruction of the temple built by human hands, He said that He would give His life and take it up again. (John 10:16-18)

Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
But He was speaking of the temple of His body. John 2:19-21

But when Christ appeared as a High Priest of the good things to come [that is, true spiritual worship], He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not a part of this [material] creation. Heb 9:11 AMP
We are under the New Covenant now, and the remembrance sign of this covenant is the Lord's Supper, not the Sabbath. ...
And we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf. 1 Cor 10:17

So if indeed you passed from death to life, what makes you think that you're not set apart, sanctified in Christ?
If you wish to worship on wednesday, friday, sunday, whatever, Christian liberty lets you do so. You are not bound to the Sabbath anymore.
One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. Rom 14:5
It was a mere shadow, the substance of which is Christ.
But as He who called you is holy, you also be holy 1 Peter 1:15-21
And without holiness no one will see the Lord. Heb 12:14

Last edited:
Don't forget that, If you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. John 5:46
And that before the destruction of the temple built by human hands, He said that He would give His life and take it up again. (John 10:16-18)

Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”

But when Christ appeared as a High Priest of the good things to come [that is, true spiritual worship], He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not a part of this [material] creation. Heb 9:11 AMP

So if indeed you passed from death to life, what makes you think that you're not set apart, sanctified in Christ?

Jesus is a priest after the manner of Melchizedek. He is not a levitical priest.

The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”
The Lord shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of Your enemies!
In the day of Your power, Your people shall present themselves in holy array, from the womb of the morning, born anew.
The Lord has sworn And will not relent, “You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.” Psalm 110:1-4
Jesus is a priest after the manner of Melchizedek. He is not a levitical priest.
Indeed. Who has come according to the power of an endless life.

20 And inasmuch as He was not made priest without an oath
21 for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him:
“The Lord has sworn And will not relent, ‘You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek’ ”
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
23 Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing.
24 But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Therefore He is also able to save forever those who come to God through Him, since He intercedes on their behalf. Heb 7

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. Hebrews 9:15

Last edited:

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. Rom 14:5

Nothing in all of that that indicates that the Sabbath is binding in the New Covenant or upon New Covenant Christians. I'd suggest that Acts 15, Romans 14, and Colossians 2 all indicate otherwise.

JonHawk said:
Nothing in all of that that indicates that the Sabbath is binding in the New Covenant or upon New Covenant Christians. I'd suggest that Acts 15, Romans 14, and Colossians 2 all indicate otherwise.
What you're suggesting is that congregating on Saturday isn't binding, whereas what all of that indicates is that those who are in a new covenant are set apart, sanctified in Christ.

But you were washed [by the atoning sacrifice of Christ], you were sanctified [set apart for God, and made holy through Christ], you were justified [declared free of sin] in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Holy Spirit of our God [the source of the believer’s new life] 1 Cor 6:11

So that through the proclamation of the good news, the Gentiles could be an offering that God would accept—·made holy [sanctified; purified] by the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:16

God, who knows the heart, testified that He accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for He purified their hearts by faith. Acts 15

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Rom 8:16

So that in unity of spirit, with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. Rom 15:6-7

Last edited:
What you're suggesting is that congregating on Saturday isn't binding, whereas what all of that indicates is that those who are in a new covenant are set apart, sanctified in Christ.

But you were washed [by the atoning sacrifice of Christ], you were sanctified [set apart for God, and made holy through Christ], you were justified [declared free of sin] in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Holy Spirit of our God [the source of the believer’s new life] 1 Cor 6:11

So that through the proclamation of the good news, the Gentiles could be an offering that God would accept—·made holy [sanctified; purified] by the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:16

God, who knows the heart, testified that He accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for He purified their hearts by faith. Acts 15

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Rom 8:16

So that in unity of spirit, with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. Rom 15:6-7
There is also nothing indicating not leaving one's house, or not gathering firewood or starting a fire, or not doing work is binding on a New Covenant Christian either.

There is also nothing indicating not leaving one's house, or not gathering firewood or starting a fire,
Their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire; 1 Cor 3:12-13
or not doing work is binding on a New Covenant Christian either.
You certainly did not receive the gift of the Spirit through your works.

He saved us not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy; through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, Titus 3

Old vs. New covenants is Law/letter by man's knowledge and own willpower vs. Spirit/power of God in us creating a new divine nature.

The letter of the law kills, but the Spirit of the law of life in Christ brings life. So how do you instinctively keep the Spirit of the Sabbath from your heart, without keeping it by the letter that kills from your mind? I'll tell you how. By being baptized in the Holy Spirit of God, that's how. Jesus, the Creator of everything, abides inside the born again, and we cannot sin because we have the seed of the Father inside of us. I'm only speaking of "Christians" that have been born again and keep the Spirit of the law, with the laws of God's love written on our hearts and in our minds. To love God with all our strength, mind and heart, and love our neighbor as ourselves. Abiding in Jesus and He in me is how to keep the Spirit of the Sabbath, by keeping the Creator, the substance of the Sabbath day, inside me. He is the Spirit of Christ. And the Spirit of the LAW. With the God of the universe in me, I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me. That includes being righteous and holy.

I still refer to the Old Testament in regards to remarriage, and incestuous marriage between close relatives and sorcery, etc. just as Paul repeated in the New Covenant sins of the flesh lists in Galatians 5:19-21. But not the actual covenant commandments, Exodus 34:28. The New Covenant actually takes away our sin nature. That is the difference. Not the morality of the commandments, but the power to keep them. Also, the Sabbath was the sign of the old covenant, to be only kept by the letter of the law, whereas the blood of Jesus represented in the Cup of the New Testament is the NEW sign of the covenant. That blood is what took away our sin nature - where sin dwelt. And the fruit of the Spirit is what will keep us pure.

You certainly did not receive the gift of the Spirit through your works.

He saved us not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy; through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, Titus 3
My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen. Phil 4
Old vs. New covenants is Law/letter by man's knowledge and own willpower vs. Spirit/power of God in us creating a new divine nature.

Jesus, the Creator of everything, abides inside the born again, and we cannot sin because we have the seed of the Father inside of us.
Confirming One’s Calling and Election
For His divine power has bestowed on us [absolutely] all things pertaining to a new life [spiritual life] for godly living [that we may live in God's presence] through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:3

Thanks. I guess to them Jesus' atonement means nothing and we are not saved by grace. I guess that makes them a cult.
Adventists don't believe in a completed atonement at the Cross. Jesus did not return to heaven in triumph and sit at the right hand of the father. He essentially performed the duties of a levitical priest in the Holy Place for the next 1800 years.

Adventists don't believe in a completed atonement at the Cross. Jesus did not return to heaven in triumph and sit at the right hand of the father. He essentially performed the duties of a levitical priest in the Holy Place for the next 1800 years.
Then they really are a cult. When Jesus said "It is finished" He meant that the plan of redemption God instigated in Eden was completely fulfilled.

I have this against you, that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess [claiming to be inspired], and she teaches and misleads my people;
Common Tater said:
Adventists don't believe in a completed atonement at the Cross.
Why do you kick at My sacrifice and My offering which I have commanded in My dwelling place, 1 Samuel 2:29
Then they really are a cult. When Jesus said "It is finished" He meant that the plan of redemption God instigated in Eden was completely fulfilled.
Ahab married a woman given to idolatry. She [Jezebel] led him into idolatry, and with him the people.” “Ellen G. White Comments,” The Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, vol. 2, 1033​
"All false worship is spiritual adultery. Worship God, and Him only serve. He has a hatred of idolatry; for its influence is corrupting.” “Ellen G. White Comments,” The Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, vol. 1, 1106​
From Samuel and those who follow, as many as have spoken, have also foretold these days. 25 You are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ 26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.” Acts 3

Then I fell to the ground and heard a voice...It is hard to kick against the goads. Acts 9:4-5 ‘The God of our ancestors has chosen you...' Acts 22:14

How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, first spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, Heb 2:3

Last edited:
Back