My Mom fell

My mom is recovering and having great difficulty in standing, balance and walking. We've come a long way and have far to go. I'm sorry for being gone so long, but please continue to pray for my mom's recovery and myself. Oddly another lady also my mom's age with dementia fell the exact same day and neither was able to walk sometime after the fall. My mom showing progress but the other lady remains completely bedridden. We can refer to the other lady as Linh and her daughter and caregiver Thao. Please pray for them and my friend with Parkinson's disease Steven. Thank you one and all!!!

Nic

My mom is recovering and having great difficulty in standing, balance and walking. We've come a long way and have far to go. I'm sorry for being gone so long, but please continue to pray for my mom's recovery and myself. Oddly another lady also my mom's age with dementia fell the exact same day and neither was able to walk sometime after the fall. My mom showing progress but the other lady remains completely bedridden. We can refer to the other lady as Linh and her daughter and caregiver Thao. Please pray for them and my friend with Parkinson's disease Steven. Thank you one and all!!!

Nic

Sending prayers ?

Nic
Praying. Especially for Thao. (My wife was caregiver to her Mom for several years, so I kind of know how difficult it can be.)

--Rich

My dear mom has an infection presumably for some time. The last week was especially difficult for the two of us. She is responding at home favorably to antibiotics but we are still requesting additional prayer support. She walked basically once in the last two months and became rather weak for a set of different factors. But she is doing much better but we pray we can avoid the potential ER or hospital stay. Thank you again one and all!

My dear mom has an infection presumably for some time. The last week was especially difficult for the two of us. She is responding at home favorably to antibiotics but we are still requesting additional prayer support. She walked basically once in the last two months and became rather weak for a set of different factors. But she is doing much better but we pray we can avoid the potential ER or hospital stay. Thank you again one and all!
Sending prayers.

Glad to hear she is doing better, with the infection, but sorry that she cannot really walk. How old is she?

Nic

Last year I was housebound because of the pandemic. I was so weak I could barely walk afterwards and fell frequently. .

Praying for Linh and dau and caregiver Thao and your friend Steven.

Glad to hear she is doing better, with the infection, but sorry that she cannot really walk. How old is she?
My mom is 85. It was about a year ago before the hospital gave her congestive heart failure she could walk 4 or 500 yards taking two short breaks, in the second respite she was a bit winded about 80% finished. The first break was in anticipation of the long walk just to rest a bit. We usually walked 40 or 60 yards around the courtyard when praying before the lap around the property. While growing up, my mom was a tomboy, an athelete and a tough lady who beat up anyone who picked on her baby brothers. Anyway since her last fall Nov. 5th, her walking declined within 2 or 3 weeks to almost null. I informed two doctors of the situation, one never helped and the other never replied to the type of communication recommended. I believe mom had two infections one gram positive and one gram negative either concurrently or in succession. Finally sometime in late December we received one antibiotic. And mom began to speak (she had no energy to provide air to make an audible voice but could mouthed words). I was yet tired once again. She also began to chew and swallow better. What a nightmare! This last infection was apparently held at bay somewhat til I ran out of her diuretic, then she went down fast. I kept the thermostat at 80 trying to keep her core up among other meticulous details for eating, drinking, breathing, bloat et al. Finally I got another antibiotic and yeah we are improving. I'm of the belief as long as we work at things we can and will get stronger. In all this her weekly visits from her pastor who suggested he could come even twice a week has been out of contact for the last month despite calls and texts. So mom almost dies and we can even get her pastor to visit when he said he could (2x/week). I thought of asking him for twice a week thinking masts he might make one of them. Yeah, I hate being brushed off or ignored, but that's what this guy is doing apparently. It isn't the first time he pulled this stunt with us either. Mom loves him, but if your pastor can't visit when your frail and at deaths door, then who can you count on? I've said too much already, so I'll stop here.

p.s.
Thank you everyone for your continual prayers!

Nic

Last edited:
Back