What is the name of the son per Matt 28:19?

Don’t worry about it. If you think YHWH is the name of Jesus in the New Testament I’m all for it. I just never seen a Baptist say such things. All of the Baptist’s that I know say the name of the son is Jesus but there is a first for everything.

I asked "Why is it more rational to think the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking the Son has two names: Jesus and YHWH?" Why do you pretend I think Jesus' only name is YHWH?

I think I will stick to saying Jesus when I speak the name of the son. I’m not into the new fangled ideas.

New fangled ideas? The Father's name being Jesus is an utterly unique concept created in the 20th century. We trinitarians have always recognized Jesus as YHWH.

The Hebrew roots movement will take you right into their folds.

What on earth are you talking about? The Hebrew roots movement was created to deny Trinitarianism. They take some truths and twist them into error; like you do with Acts 2:38. Personally, I couldn't care less if someone was baptized with someone saying "in the name of Jesus." What I care about is you denying the fact that God's name is YHWH as to pretend Matthew 28:19 doesn't teach Trinitarianism. What I care about is you thinking that saying certain words is the important part in Baptism, such is paganism. What I care about is you worshiping a false Jesus.

When are you going to answer my question: "Why is it more rational to think the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking the Son has two names: Jesus and YHWH?"

God Bless

Then baptize in the name of the YHWH, and of the YHWH and of the YHWH.
I want you to be happy.
Whatever you do, don't say "Jesus".
Why aren't you listening? I asked "Why is it more rational to think the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking the Son has two names: Jesus and YHWH?" Why do you pretend I think Jesus' only name is YHWH?

When are you going to answer my question: "
Why is it more rational to think the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking the Son has two names: Jesus and YHWH?"

God Bless

Why aren't you listening? I asked "Why is it more rational to think the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking the Son has two names: Jesus and YHWH?" Why do you pretend I think Jesus' only name is YHWH?

When are you going to answer my question: "
Why is it more rational to think the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking the Son has two names: Jesus and YHWH?"

God Bless
Look, I know you have made up your mind that you will never obey Acts 2:38.

So, please begin to tell your constituents to baptize in the name of YHWH.

They will appreciate your 2nd name to replace Jesus' name, since they refuse to say his name as you do.

Go ahead, make their day.

Look, I know you have made up your mind that you will never obey Acts 2:38.

That I've made up my mind that you ardently refuse to let the rest of Scripture interpret Acts 2:38 doesn't get you off the hook for refusing to answer my question: "Why is it more rational to think the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking the Son has two names: Jesus and YHWH?" The only reason I can think for your refusal is the fact that even considering answering the question throws into question your entire theological framework. If the Father isn't Jesus, then you are refusing to follow Jesus' command in Matthew 28:19. And, if you are actively refusing to follow Jesus, then you are not a Christian. As a defense mechanism to avoid this conclusion, you ardently refuse to allow anyone to question any of your dogmas. Such a defense mechanism is quite common among Roman Catholics. I'm not afraid of any question of my faith because I actually believe I am correct. And, if someone happens to show me to be in error, then all the better. I would rather be corrected than to be right only in my mind.

So, please begin to tell your constituents to baptize in the name of YHWH.
They will appreciate your 2nd name to replace Jesus' name, since they refuse to say his name as you do.
Go ahead, make their day.

Replace Jesus' name? When are you going to stop making up stories as attack others?

God Bless

That I've made up my mind that you ardently refuse to let the rest of Scripture interpret Acts 2:38 doesn't get you off the hook for refusing to answer my question: "Why is it more rational to think the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking the Son has two names: Jesus and YHWH?" The only reason I can think for your refusal is the fact that even considering answering the question throws into question your entire theological framework. If the Father isn't Jesus, then you are refusing to follow Jesus' command in Matthew 28:19. And, if you are actively refusing to follow Jesus, then you are not a Christian. As a defense mechanism to avoid this conclusion, you ardently refuse to allow anyone to question any of your dogmas. Such a defense mechanism is quite common among Roman Catholics. I'm not afraid of any question of my faith because I actually believe I am correct. And, if someone happens to show me to be in error, then all the better. I would rather be corrected than to be right only in my mind.

Replace Jesus' name? When are you going to stop making up stories as attack others?

God Bless
Per your question.

The son's one name is used by the Apostles in Acts(2:38 etc)...Jesus.

If you want to be different, go for it.

Call Jesus, YHWH.

Baptize in the name of YHWH.

You are half way to calling him Yeshua.

The Hebrew roots guys are rooting for you.

Per your question.
The son's one name is used by the Apostles in Acts(2:38 etc)...Jesus.
If you want to be different, go for it.
Call Jesus, YHWH.
Baptize in the name of YHWH.
You are half way to calling him Yeshua.
The Hebrew roots guys are rooting for you.

You are not listening to me. You are running away from my question. Did I say any anything that would lead you or anyone else to think I give preference to the name YHWH over the name Jesus for the Son? I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

God Bless

You are not listening to me. You are running away from my question. Did I say any anything that would lead you or anyone else to think I give preference to the name YHWH over the name Jesus for the Son? I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

God Bless
The name of the son is Jesus per Matt 1.

If you want it to be something else, go for it.

It is a free country, I am sure God will understand.

The name of the son is Jesus per Matt 1.

And, the name of God the Father is YHWH per 38 out of 39 books in the OT. I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

God Bless

And, the name of God the Father is YHWH per 38 out of 39 books in the OT. I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

God Bless
I don't see YHWH in my NT, but I see Jesus hundreds of times.

Do you see YHWH every time you see Jesus named?

I need those glasses to see what you see.

I don't see YHWH in my NT, but I see Jesus hundreds of times.

That's because you can't write out Yahweh in Greek. There is no Y or W in that language. BTW, Jesus' actual name is Yahshua. You don't see that either because Greek doesn't have the Y or the sh sound, and the NT was written in Greek. This is why the NT writer made up an Greek name that was similar to the Greek ear of Yahshua, Ἰησοῦς.

Do you see YHWH every time you see Jesus named?
I need those glasses to see what you see.

No, I am just not so blinded by my tradition as to not realize that names change when they are translated. If you ever met a Chineses national, you would know that they just pick some American name because English speaker frequently cannot pronounce or write their Chineses name. The same thing happened with Jesus' name when it was translated into Greek and later into English. While the divine name of God was simply replaced with the title Lord/κύριος.

Why are you still refusing to answer my question? The name of God the Father is
YHWH per 38 out of 39 books in the OT. I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

God Bless

That's because you can't write out Yahweh in Greek. There is no Y or W in that language. BTW, Jesus' actual name is Yahshua. You don't see that either because Greek doesn't have the Y or the sh sound, and the NT was written in Greek. This is why the NT writer made up an Greek name that was similar to the Greek ear of Yahshua, Ἰησοῦς.

No, I am just not so blinded by my tradition as to not realize that names change when they are translated. If you ever met a Chineses national, you would know that they just pick some American name because English speaker frequently cannot pronounce or write their Chineses name. The same thing happened with Jesus' name when it was translated into Greek and later into English. While the divine name of God was simply replaced with the title Lord/
κύριος.

YHWH per 38 out of 39 books in the OT. I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

God Bless
...all this because you skipped Acts 2:38.

...all this because you skipped Acts 2:38.

You mean having a rational position is because I didn't accept your outlandish interpretation of Acts 2:38? You refuse to answer my question because I didn't accept your outlandish interpretation of Acts 2:38? Seriously? Can your response be more empty?

God Bless

You mean having a rational position is because I didn't accept your outlandish interpretation of Acts 2:38? You refuse to answer my question because I didn't accept your outlandish interpretation of Acts 2:38? Seriously? Can your response be more empty?

God Bless
There is only one way to understand Acts 2:38....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Not, YHWH, not Yeshua, not Jehovah, not JHVH, not SON...but "Jesus".

There is only one way to understand Acts 2:38....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Not, YHWH, not Yeshua, not Jehovah, not JHVH, not SON...but "Jesus".

Why are you still refusing to answer my question? The name of God the Father is YHWH per 38 out of 39 books in the OT. I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

God Bless

The OP is about what the name of the son per Matt 28:19 as "Jesus" or "son" is. Don't deflect.

Once you figure out what the name of the son is, we can discuss what the name of the Father is.

Yes, I told you the name of the son per Matt 28:19 is neither "Jesus" or "son". You reject this conclusion. I'm asking you why. We both agree the name of the Father and the Son are the same in Matthew 28:19. But, the name of God the Father is YHWH per 38 out of 39 books in the OT. I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

God Bless

Yes, I told you the name of the son per Matt 28:19 is neither "Jesus" or "son". You reject this conclusion. I'm asking you why. We both agree the name of the Father and the Son are the same in Matthew 28:19. But, the name of God the Father is YHWH per 38 out of 39 books in the OT. I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

God Bless
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus:...

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus:...

How is that relevant? That command was given to Joseph and Mary, and Jesus has more than one name. Again, we both agree the name of the Father and the Son are the same in Matthew 28:19. But, the name of God the Father is YHWH per 38 out of 39 books in the OT. I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

God Bless

How is that relevant? That command was given to Joseph and Mary, and Jesus has more than one name. Again, we both agree the name of the Father and the Son are the same in Matthew 28:19. But, the name of God the Father is YHWH per 38 out of 39 books in the OT. I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

God Bless
Obey Acts 2:38 and happy Easter.

Obey Acts 2:38 and happy Easter.

Why are you dodging my question? Again, we both agree the name of the Father and the Son are the same in Matthew 28:19. But, the name of God the Father is YHWH per 38 out of 39 books in the OT. I am asking in particular why you think it is better to conclude that the Father's name is Jesus as opposed to thinking that Jesus inherited another name from his Father, the name that God was called 6500 times in the OT. Remember, the OT calls God YHWH more than the NT calls Jesus Jesus.

I do obey Acts 2:38 because the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit is
YHWH, the name of Jesus.

Happy Easter.

God Bless

Back