Defilement at the Praetorium... oops!

Jewjitzu

John 18:28 says;

Then they led Jesus away from Caiaphas into the Praetorium. By now it was early morning, and the Jews did not enter the Praetorium, to avoid being defiled and unable to eat the Passover.

The only defilement I can think of is contact with the dead that would render a Jew unable to partake of the Korban Pesach.

The background for this is discussed in Numbers 9:6-14.

The process for cleansing is discussed in Numbers 19, and requires 7 days to be cleansed with the waters for the purification of sin.

So the "lamb" was defiled. Does this sound like a good sacrifice?

Then they led Jesus away from Caiaphas into the Praetorium. By now it was early morning, and the Jews did not enter the Praetorium, to avoid being defiled and unable to eat the Passover.

The only defilement I can think of is contact with the dead that would render a Jew unable to partake of the Korban Pesach.

The background for this is discussed in Numbers 9:6-14.

The process for cleansing is discussed in Numbers 19, and requires 7 days to be cleansed with the waters for the purification of sin.

It happened as it is written:
Isaiah 52:14Just as many were appalled at Him—
His appearance was disfigured beyond that of any man,
and His form was marred beyond human likeness—
15so He will sprinkle many nations.
Kings will shut their mouths because of Him.
For they will see what they have not been told,
and they will understand what they have not heard.

53:1Who has believed our message?
And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? This is a great question, isn't it? Certainly not you.
2He grew up before Him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no stately form or majesty to attract us,
no beauty that we should desire Him.
3He was despised and rejected by men, Still is
a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief.
Like one from whom men hide their faces,
He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.
4Surely He took on our infirmities
and carried our sorrows;
yet we considered Him stricken by God,
struck down and afflicted. Yep.
5But He was pierced for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
and by His stripes we are healed.
6We all like sheep have gone astray,
each one has turned to his own way; But, according to you...not all. You're not doing what seems right in your own eyes.
and the LORD has laid upon Him
the iniquity of us all. Who needs a redeemer?
7He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet He did not open His mouth.
He was led like a lamb to the slaughter,That's what you're referring to.
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so He did not open His mouth.
8By oppression and judgment He was taken away,
and who can recount His descendants?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
He was stricken for the transgression of My people.And this explains it all...the why is here.

9He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with a rich man in His death,
although He had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in His mouth.f
10Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush Him
and to cause Him to suffer;
and when His soul is made a guilt offering,How did that work? The soul is in the blood...By the shedding of His blood, we were redeemed.
He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days,
and the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.
11After the anguish of His soul,
He will see the light of lifeh and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant will justify many,
and He will bear their iniquities.
12Therefore I will allot Him a portion with the great,i
and He will divide the spoils with the strong,j
because He has poured out His life unto death,
and He was numbered with the transgressors.That's what you're trying to do with your post. You continue to number Him with the transgressors
Yet He bore the sin of many
and made intercession for the transgressors.And this is what you need to know...He continues to make intercession for you.

This is your assumption. As we all know, the Pharisees added all kinds of rules to the Torah... Who knows what they thought would defile them... If there was concern about touching a dead body, perhaps it was the body of Christ they wanted to avoid, if he were to die before leaving the Praetorium. Perhaps it was the fear of touching a Roman soldier...

Your assumption... Based upon your presuppositions...

It happened as it is written:
Isaiah 52:14Just as many were appalled at Him—
His appearance was disfigured beyond that of any man,
and His form was marred beyond human likeness—
15so He will sprinkle many nations.
Kings will shut their mouths because of Him.
For they will see what they have not been told,
and they will understand what they have not heard.

53:1Who has believed our message?
And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? This is a great question, isn't it? Certainly not you.
2He grew up before Him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no stately form or majesty to attract us,
no beauty that we should desire Him.
3He was despised and rejected by men, Still is
a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief.
Like one from whom men hide their faces,
He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.
4Surely He took on our infirmities
and carried our sorrows;
yet we considered Him stricken by God,
struck down and afflicted. Yep.
5But He was pierced for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
and by His stripes we are healed.
6We all like sheep have gone astray,
each one has turned to his own way; But, according to you...not all. You're not doing what seems right in your own eyes.
and the LORD has laid upon Him
the iniquity of us all. Who needs a redeemer?
7He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet He did not open His mouth.
He was led like a lamb to the slaughter,That's what you're referring to.
So he was defiled and died before cleansing according to Numbers 19. Ok.

and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so He did not open His mouth.
8By oppression and judgment He was taken away,
and who can recount His descendants?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
He was stricken for the transgression of My people.And this explains it all...the why is here.

9He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with a rich man in His death,
although He had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in His mouth.f
10Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush Him
and to cause Him to suffer;
and when His soul is made a guilt offering,How did that work? The soul is in the blood...By the shedding of His blood, we were redeemed.
He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days,
and the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.
11After the anguish of His soul,
He will see the light of lifeh and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant will justify many,
and He will bear their iniquities.
12Therefore I will allot Him a portion with the great,i
and He will divide the spoils with the strong,j
because He has poured out His life unto death,
and He was numbered with the transgressors.That's what you're trying to do with your post. You continue to number Him with the transgressors
Yet He bore the sin of many
and made intercession for the transgressors.And this is what you need to know...He continues to make intercession for you.
Isaiah 53 doesn't even apply to Jesus.

This is your assumption. As we all know, the Pharisees added all kinds of rules to the Torah... Who knows what they thought would defile them... If there was concern about touching a dead body, perhaps it was the body of Christ they wanted to avoid, if he were to die before leaving the Praetorium. Perhaps it was the fear of touching a Roman soldier...
Then John gave a false testimony.

Your assumption... Based upon your presuppositions...
Based on what John said.

Then John gave a false testimony.

Based on what John said.

OK... Let's assume you are correct. And I believe that I very well could be wrong. All that proves is that the Jews would have gotten defiled. it doesn't explain why Jesus didn't get defiled... Your assumption is that Jesus got defiled... My assumption is he didn't get defiled... Agree to disagree

OK... Let's assume you are correct. And I believe that I very well could be wrong. All that proves is that the Jews would have gotten defiled. it doesn't explain why Jesus didn't get defiled...
I've explained that already. The only thing that would defile a Jew for the Passover is contact with the dead, Numbers 19, Numbers 9.

Your assumption is that Jesus got defiled... My assumption is he didn't get defiled... Agree to disagree
I agree your wrong. BTW, Jesus had previous contact with the dead during his ministry. That would have required him to cleanse too. It's a commandment.

I agree your wrong. BTW, Jesus had previous contact with the dead during his ministry. That would have required him to cleanse too. It's a commandment.

I can tell you don't have the Spirit of YHWH... So, since they were dead and then alive, what does that really say about him being defiled?

I've explained that already. The only thing that would defile a Jew for the Passover is contact with the dead, Numbers 19, Numbers 9.

And the point I made is that if Jesus had truly died there, they would have gotten defiled. Jesus didn't die there, so they wouldn't have been defiled...

And the point I made is that if Jesus had truly died there, they would have gotten defiled. Jesus didn't die there, so they wouldn't have been defiled...
It's not a matter of Jesus having died there. The matter is contact with the dead with others.

Well, the spirit leads to obedience to the law, Ezekiel 36:26-27, for starters padawan.

External obedience means nothing when the heart has wicked thoughts... That is where the Israelites/Jews routinely fall...
The heart is deceitful above all else. Who can know it?

External obedience means nothing when the heart has wicked thoughts... That is where the Israelites/Jews routinely fall...
Well, those who routinely never try, like Christians, really have no room to talk, padawan.

Definitely no fruits if you don't try.

Well, those who routinely never try, like Christians, really have no room to talk, padawan.

Definitely no fruits if you don't try.

I think true Christians work out their faith with fear and trembling... IMHO, 80% of people who call themselves Christians are not true Christians... I don't claim perfection. That won't happen until I leave this planet. I do know that sanctification is a daily and often a minute-by-minute process...

Those who don't try aren't saved...

I think true Christians work out their faith with fear and trembling... IMHO, 80% of people who call themselves Christians are not true Christians... I don't claim perfection. That won't happen until I leave this planet. I do know that sanctification is a daily and often a minute-by-minute process...

Those who don't try aren't saved...
Apply your thinking to the commandments...

IMHO, 80% of people who call themselves Christians are not true Christians...
You need to look up the fallacy of "No True Scotsman."
What makes you think that Jews have more wicked thoughts than Christians?

Back