Debate: Trent Horn vs Steve Christie (Marian dogmas)

Does that go for pictures of your loved ones? A painting of your loved ones? I guess statues of our Founding Fathers is out too. 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image — any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
Why do you genuflect to them? Do you pray to them? Do you carry them around in a procession? I could go on but get real it is not the same.

That is the oc law. We are not under the oc law we are under the NC law. Even if we still were under the oc law we are not in violation of it.
Oh please you are in violation of the OT law. Now what is the difference between the OT law and the NT law. Really NT laws? I mean so many RCs have said we are to keep at least the ten commandments and now you just threw them under the truck. Oh well that is appropriate I mean Pell did say the RCC should be treated like a truck company.

As we are mocked and disparaged endlessly by some here for our Catholic Christian faith. Maybe people should stop it.
Maybe you should stop bearing false witness, as you are doing in this post once again. There we have it the poor me, everyone is picking on me RC defence. Boy the must still teach that in the RCC, people will treat you badly because you belong to the one true church. That is a false teaching of the RCC.

Maybe you should stop bearing false witness, as you are doing in this post once again.

How is it false witness? It happens all the time and all one has to do is look at the posts that appear on these pages. All I am doing is stating fact.

Does that go for pictures of your loved ones? A painting of your loved ones? I guess statues of our Founding Fathers is out too. 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image — any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
Balshan made an excellent point. Now look at the historical context. Why did God give this commandment? What was the reason? If you knew the answer to that, you wouldn't have made the foolish response you did.

Balshan made an excellent point. Now look at the historical context. Why did God give this commandment? What was the reason? If you knew the answer to that, you wouldn't have made the foolish response you did.

So, then some of the things in the scriptures you believe literally, and some you don't? I really thought you were all literalists.

How is it false witness? It happens all the time and all one has to do is look at the posts that appear on these pages. All I am doing is stating fact.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake:
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you,
and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven:
for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth:

----------------------BUT-------------------------------

but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted?
it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out,
and to be trodden under foot of men.​

16:- Catholic Crybaby Whine

17:- Play the Victim Technique

----------------------BUT-------------------------------
but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted?
it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out,
and to be trodden under foot of men

Did he?

So we’re free to lie, cheat, steal, commit adultery, ect?

BTW you are biblically ignorant. Christ did not abolish the law, He fulfilled it…

Do not presume that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill.
Read Ephesians 2:15.

organgrinder said:
So... what do you do with the lovely commandment God gave Moses about making no graven images, etc.? You will find it in Deuteronomy 5.

'I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
7 'You shall have no other gods before Me.
8 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image — any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
9 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.
For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,
10 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
(Deuteronomy 5:6-10 NKJV)

This isn't a "fundamentalist" thing. This is a "God thing".

Yea; Hath God said

Misfit said:
Does that go for pictures of your loved ones? A painting of your loved ones? I guess statues of our Founding Fathers is out too.

5:- Words without meaning Technique
If you are receiving any roadblocks by any particular word
you previously gave in your apologetic,
or if what you've described is the definition of a word detrimental to your defense,
simply deny the basic word meaning of the troubling term.
Use this to your advantage when defending Perpetual Virginity of Mary

Yes she did. But Catholics do things the way they want to, not the way the Bible teaches. Speaking of the 10 commandment, Catholics have their own version. It's quite crafty.

Ray Comfort provides the original 10 commandments.

Catholic Answers offers this sleight of hand, excuses, reinventions and downright nonsense.

Did the Catholic Church Change the Ten Commandments? | Catholic Answers

Back