Do you know of any religion that thinks less of Jesus than Judaism does?

If I were to speak of the Jewish people in such a manner as some here speak of Christians, I would rightly be labeled a bigot.
Every soul is an individual first and foremost; generalizations and stereotypes are indicative of small minds and cold hearts.

Sorry about that. My friend is thinking about converting. Juda-ism seems like such a fun religion minus the holo-cost of course.
See, there you go again, this time with a deliberate misspelling of holo-caust. Great. That's definitely going to win you friend and influence people on a Judaism board. Sheesh.

Remember that Bar Kochba didn't start a new religion that spent 2000 years persecuting us.
"Us"? That's rich.

Two thousand years? That, too, is rich, remembering that the shoe of persecution was on the other foot, including colluding with the Gentiles, until the foot got stomped on.

There is a religious spirit in almost every religion that feels as though "god will be happy if there are more like me, and fewer like you. It persecuted the Anabaptist as virulently as it persecuted any other. It's time to make god happy." There is no monopoly in that spirit, as the US today is showing so clearly. The "woke" are contagious in their infection.

"Us"? That's rich.

Two thousand years? That, too, is rich, remembering that the shoe of persecution was on the other foot, including colluding with the Gentiles, until the foot got stomped on.

There is a religious spirit in almost every religion that feels as though "god will be happy if there are more like me, and fewer like you. It persecuted the Anabaptist as virulently as it persecuted any other. It's time to make god happy." There is no monopoly in that spirit, as the US today is showing so clearly. The "woke" are contagious in their infection.
Yes, by us I am referring to us Jews, like me and Jewjitzu.

2000 years is a round figure, not exact. Christianity was pretty firmly anti-Jewish by the second century. It persistantly persecuted Jews up to and including the holocaust. It was only after the holocaust that the Church found its conscience.

Yes, by us I am referring to us Jews, like me and Jewjitzu.
Self-identification is so much more "credible" in this brave new millennium. I hazard a guess that your ancestors were not quite as afflicted as Jewjitzu's. Your ancestors were very likely among the persecutors.

2000 years is a round figure, not exact. Christianity was pretty firmly anti-Jewish by the second century. It persistantly persecuted Jews up to and including the holocaust. It was only after the holocaust that the Church found its conscience.
As always, your understanding of history is flawed...you've chosen the narrative of the creative agnostic. You should read the dissenting voices mentioned in Foxe's book of martyrs...or even 20th century heroes like Richard Wurmbrand, Dietrich Bonhoeffer or André and Magda Trocmé of le Chambon sur Lignon.

Read my post again. The bastion of falsehood was spoken of by Jesus in His letters to the seven churches of Asia, in particular in his letter to the Ephesians and in that to the Laodiceans. The façade is never the living heart, but it's always the focus of the self-satisfied. I'm always sorry, reading your posts, to see what fantasies you've developed, and what misunderstandings you defend.

Last edited:
Jewish resistance to Christian missionaries is very likely based on the historical Christian oppression of Jews, going back to the Age of Constantine, through the Spanish and Portuguese Inquisitions, the expulsions from England and other countries, and, oh yes, something in the last hundred years. Jews know this history even if you don't.

Jewish resistance to Christian missionaries is very likely based on the historical Christian oppression of Jews, going back to the Age of Constantine, through the Spanish and Portuguese Inquisitions, the expulsions from England and other countries, and, oh yes, something in the last hundred years. Jews know this history even if you don't.
Shoonra, that is certainly part of it. Given that so many Jews have been killed in the name of Jesus and by people wearing crosses like the Cossacks, we don't get warm fuzzy feelings when we hear that name or see that symbol.

But honestly, it is probably more important that Christians simply teach theologies that conflict with the Tanakh. It is deeply offensive to Jews that someone would teach that a man is God. It makes no sense to us that anyone would claim a particular person is messiah when that person hasn't fulfilled all the prophecies. And no less important is the fact that the New Testament replaces the core teaching of the Tanakh (obedience to God) with a new fangled teaching (believe in the messiah).

IOW even if Christians had treated Jews nicely for the last 2000 years, we would still reject Christianity.

I do not SELF-identify as a Jew. Rather, HALAKHA aka Jewish law identifies me as a Jew. And Halakha is the only authoritative voice in this matter.
And you deliberately missed my point. Rationalization works for you. In this age it’s all you need. Your ancestors were still very probably among the persecutors.

And you deliberately missed my point. Rationalization works for you. In this age it’s all you need. Your ancestors were still very probably among the persecutors.
Ah, but when I dipped in the mikveh, I took a new name, bat Sarah, meaning that Abraham is now my father and Sarah is now my mother. Any prior ethnic ties vanished. I am simply a Jew, 100%

Last edited:
Back