Defilement at the Praetorium... oops!

They do go away. Generally speaking, I don't have problems with obsessions. Apparently you do. So what do YOU do when your wicked thoughts won't go away?

I take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Whatever is good or honorable and of good report, I focus on those things... If those two don't work, I ask YHWH to take those thoughts and smash them in the face of any evil spirit planting them in my mind and kick him out of my presence... These work quickly and efficiently...

I take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Whatever is good or honorable and of good report, I focus on those things... If those two don't work, I ask YHWH to take those thoughts and smash them in the face of any evil spirit planting them in my mind and kick him out of my presence... These work quickly and efficiently...
Does that work for you?

So, you don't sin anymore?

Why don't you just go to YHWH since the first option isn't 100%?

So, you don't sin anymore?

Why don't you just go to YHWH since the first option isn't 100%?

I still sin... That is why I am in need of a Savior.

From the Christian POV, there are two challenges to living a righteous life. The first is the fleshly challenges. The second are attacks from the spiritual relm.
We have a responsibility in the sanctification process. Like Paul, there are times we have to beat down our fleshly desires or responses. Our battles are not always against flesh and blood, but spiritual principalities who oppose YHWH... This is where we lean upon YHWH...

Last edited:
I still sin... That is why I am in need of a Savior.
Then your two options previously that you gave didn't help. I don't know why you asked then how Jews deal with wicked thoughts, making it sound like we're doomed, when you're struggling yourself.

From the Christian POV, there are two challenges to living a righteous life. The first is the fleshly challenges. The second are attacks from the spiritual relm.
We have a responsibility in the sanctification process. Like Paul, there are times we have to beat down our fleshly desires or responses. Our battles are not always against flesh and blood, but spiritual principalities who oppose YHWH... This is where we lean upon YHWH...
And this is where we part. I don't put stock on blaming any "forces". We're our own Satan, which just means adversary. The buck stops with individuals.

You want to change? Develop good habits and patterns and the old self will change. It's a life long process. That's called walking, not standing still, with God.

Then your two options previously that you gave didn't help. I don't know why you asked then how Jews deal with wicked thoughts, making it sound like we're doomed, when you're struggling yourself.

None of us is perfect in that. Our goal is to become more like Christ each day... The two options do work... It is a matter of using them and relying on Christ...

And this is where we part. I don't put stock on blaming any "forces". We're our own Satan, which just means adversary. The buck stops with individuals.

Yes, the buck stops with individuals...

So he said, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And the Lord said, ‘You shall persuade him, and also prevail. Go out and do so.’

You want to change? Develop good habits and patterns and the old self will change. It's a life long process. That's called walking, not standing still, with God.

Sanctification...

None of us is perfect in that. Our goal is to become more like Christ each day... The two options do work... It is a matter of using them and relying on Christ...
No, rely on God, not a man.

Psalm 146:3
Put not your trust in princes, Nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Jesus couldn't save himself, and has knees and a tongue that will confess the true God and Savior in the future.

Yes, the buck stops with individuals...
We agree here.

So he said, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And the Lord said, ‘You shall persuade him, and also prevail. Go out and do so.’
Yep. False prophets teach lots of things, ie, man-god, false hope, abrogation, etc.

Sanctification...
Obedience.

Anyway, if you want to talk about Jesus' defilement, the point of the OP, we can continue our discourse.

Back