Upon this rock/Keys

Now now Bonnie -- earlier you agreed that the city is not important [could have been Antioch] ... nice try though :sleep:
Huh? Show me from the Bible where the bishop of Rome was over the entire 1st century church.
and that is where it ended since he was not a Bishop :whistle:
So? Where does the Bible say that a man cannot be a pastor unless a bishop lays hands on him first?

Where does the Bible say that a man cannot be a pastor unless a bishop lays hands on him first?
That would be up to the Church Bonnie.... the only Church Christ established [with the keys, bind/loose, sacraments, etc] You are on the outside looking in. None of your 'elders' had official hands laid on them. Only Catholics/Orthodox have that ability.

still waiting for that verse Bonnie.... I'll give you a year but that's it -- you are on the ⏲️
Jesus gave all the disciples the authority to bind and loose, forgive or not forgive. Read John 20.

I am still waiting for Bible verses that show that Peter was the head of the entire church, and ruled from Rome, and that Rome was the center of the first century church.

That would be up to the Church Bonnie.... the only Church Christ established [with the keys, bind/loose, sacraments, etc] You are on the outside looking in. None of your 'elders' had official hands laid on them. Only Catholics/Orthodox have that ability.
Christ did not found the heterodoxical RCC, which teaches many things contrary to Scripture, and adds to the word of God. Shameful.

It is arrogant in the extreme for your Church and the EO to think only THEY have the right to ordain priests/ministers, who then have the right to perform the Sacraments of Holy Baptism, and the Lord's Supper, and forgive sins "in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Jesus gave this authority to ALLthe disciples to forgive or retain sins in John 20.

Soooo...let us test something...my husband performed 3 marriage ceremonies in our church. He is a called and ordained servant of the Word in our church. Are those marriages invalid because he is not a Roman Catholic?

Last edited:
Christ did not found the heterodoxical RCC, which teaches many things contrary to Scripture, and adds to the word of God. Shameful.

It is arrogant in the extreme for your Church and the EO to think only THEY have the right to ordain priests/ministers, who then have the right to perform the Sacraments of Holy Baptism, and the Lord's Supper, and forgive sins "in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Jesus gave this authority to ALLthe disciples to forgive or retain sins in John 20.

Soooo...let us test something...my husband performed 3 marriage ceremonies in our church. He is a calked and irdained servant if the Word in our church. Are those marriages invalid because he is not a Roman Catholic?
Since he is not Catholic, would it be a civil union?

Yes they were.

Only Peter was given the keys, however.
They are given to all believers. Not just Peter and Peter would despise your institution, its false doctrines and its mistreatment of the flock for a start.

The keys are to protect the scripture and your institution has not protected them, it has added to them which is against scripture. The keys are for discipline and your leaders do not discipline sexual sinners they just hide it. So they do not even use these invisible keys as they are meant to be used. They do not have the keys.

Last edited:

Soooo...let us test something...my husband performed 3 marriage ceremonies in our church. He is a called and ordained servant of the Word in our church. Are those marriages invalid because he is not a Roman Catholic?
I find it amusing and sad. In the OT to be married they moved into the same tent, no big deal. Kept costs down. RCs do not respect marriage, and if married outside the bad tree they think that marriage can be annulled. God wouldn't agree with them. They are real in God's mind.

The RCC have removed the key of knowledge from the people.

Luke 11:52

Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not enter, and you hindered those who were entering.”

Jesus gave all the disciples the authority to bind and loose, forgive or not forgive. Read John 20.

I am still waiting for Bible verses that show that Peter was the head of the entire church, and ruled from Rome, and that Rome was the center of the first century church.
Well Bonnie, YOU are required to give details, they aren't. So asking them to prove their faith we might as well spit in the wind.

But God DID found the Lutheran Church? Is THAT your assertion? If God did NOT found the Lutheran Church, why are you Lutheran?
It is arrogant in the extreme for your Church and the EO to think only THEY have the right to ordain priests/ministers, who then have the right to perform the Sacraments of Holy Baptism, and the Lord's Supper, and forgive sins "in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Jesus gave this authority to ALL the disciples to forgive or retain sins in John 20.
He did? My understanding was that he breathed the Holy Spirit not on ALL disciples, but only on those particular disciples who were present in the room.

In Matthew 28, the commission to preach, teach, baptize and make disciples is given only to the 11. This is then extended directly by God to Paul later on. When you read the Scriptures, particularly the book of Acts, you see that the apostles begin passing this commission on to their successors by the laying on of hands. This commission is not given in general to all believers.
Yes it is valid, so long as it involves baptized Christians. Protestants are not bound by Sacramental Form when it concerns the Sacrament of Marriage. When Protestants want to convert, this is actually a hindrance sometimes--if they divorced and got remarried. It would just make things simpler if the RCC didn't recognize Protestant marriages, but no such luck. So in answer to your question, yes, the marriage is valid, assuming the couple is freely entering the marriage, etc.

If you knew Catholic theology you would know that Church teaching is that the couple themselves performs the Sacrament. The priest is just a witness. In fact, for the first 1200 years, the Church was not even directly involved in the Sacrament. The Church only became involved when it was necessary to bring order to what was a chaotic situation. The point is that it is that----it is not necessary to have a validly ordained Catholic priest perform the ceremony. Even in the modern RCC, the bishop can delegate a lay person to witness the marriage if there is no deacon or priest available in the area.

Do you have a Scripture for that?
Yep we are all given the message to spread, we are all to teach others about Jesus and we are all to test the spirits of those who claim to be leaders. Your leaders do not met the biblical requirements for leaders, so they don't have any keys at all. They have taken away the key of knowledge from their followers by false teachings.

Back