NOT EVERYTHING IS WRITTEN IN SCRIPTURES.

balshan

Not everything Jesus said is in scripture. This is a common saying from RCs trying to defend their false beliefs. This is true but not about what God wants us to know. I mean the modern scientific discoveries are not in scripture, plane travel not in scripture etc. Of course not every conversation Jesus had is recorded, I am sure people said what would you like to eat and he answered. These types of conversations do not relate to what we need to know for our salvation.

However that is not what scripture says, it says:

John 20

30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe[b] that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

The passage is referring to all the things Jesus did. The healings He performed where not all recorded for example. However, RCs go well beyond scripture when they use that excuse for their false doctrines. There is no recording in scripture that we should pray to the dead anywhere in scripture. The prayers to Mary and other saints go well beyond what is in scripture. They use it to add to scriptures.

Just because something is not written in scripture does not mean it should be taught as coming from God. Why is Jesus not enough for RCs? He was enough for the apostles. Why the need to go beyond scripture? The warning in scripture not to go beyond it is to safeguard us from false teachings. The RCs cannot provide evidence of one apostle who prayed to Mary after she died. NOT ONE. Yet they try and pretend their institution is apostolic, it obviously isn't. Why break the commandment not to go beyond scripture?

Silence does not mean it can be added to scripture, just because something is not written in scripture does not mean it can be added if there is no evidence of the apostles doing it. That is just an excuse to go beyond scripture and to add to scripture. Both of those things are forbidden in scripture. This is one clear sign that the RCC is not His church at all.

Not everything Jesus said is in scripture. This is a common saying from RCs trying to defend their false beliefs. This is true but not about what God wants us to know. I mean the modern scientific discoveries are not in scripture, plane travel not in scripture etc. Of course not every conversation Jesus had is recorded, I am sure people said what would you like to eat and he answered. These types of conversations do not relate to what we need to know for our salvation.

John 20

30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe[b] that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

The passage is referring to all the things Jesus did. The healings He performed where not all recorded for example. However, RCs go well beyond scripture when they use that excuse for their false doctrines. There is no recording in scripture that we should pray to the dead anywhere in scripture. The prayers to Mary and other saints go well beyond what is in scripture. They use it to add to scriptures.

Just because something is not written in scripture does not mean it should be taught as coming from God. Why is Jesus not enough for RCs? He was enough for the apostles. Why the need to go beyond scripture? The warning in scripture not to go beyond it is to safeguard us from false teachings. The RCs cannot provide evidence of one apostle who prayed to Mary after she died. NOT ONE. Yet they try and pretend their institution is apostolic, it obviously isn't. Why break the commandment not to go beyond scripture?

Silence does not mean it can be added to scripture, just because something is not written in scripture does not mean it can be added if there is no evidence of the apostles doing it. That is just an excuse to go beyond scripture and to add to scripture. Both of those things are forbidden in scripture. This is one clear sign that the RCC is not His church at all.
Jesus said that the Spirit of truth will come and guide us into all the truth.

John 20

the rcc thinks it over rules God.

[
Not so there dingoling
only to those that obey him.
Acts 5:32
And we are his witnesses of these things;
and so is also the Holy Ghost,
whom God hath given to them
that obey him.

Peter,
an apostle of Jesus Christ,
to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus,
Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

1Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts:
and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you
a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers,
they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

17 For it is better, if the will of God be so,
that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

the Holy Ghost,
whom God hath given to them
that obey him.

as it says in Hebrews
Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits,
sent forth to minister for them
who shall be heirs of salvation?

Don't leave out the whole verse :

John 16:13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
NASB

And how will He do that? Through Scripture which is God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16) and only through Scripture. And what does the Holy Spirit tell us in Scripture? Only what the Father says with this warning:

Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

How do we do this? How do we know a different gospel message then the one preached to us? By discernment using Scripture alone. Proper, exegetical discernment. As the Bereans were commended for searching the Scriptures daily to confirm what they were being told, so should we. Do not depend on traditions. Do not depend on preachers. Do not depend on anyone to lead you to the truth but the Holy Spirit alone, through the inerrant Word of God.

"God moves in mysterious ways". The saying is true but it is not found in Scripture.

The word "bridge" is not in the Bible. The Latin word for bridge is "pons" from which comes the term
"pontifex maximus" .

Quote:
The Roman title pontifex maximus was rendered in Greek inscriptions and literature of the time as Koinē Greek: ἀρχιερεύς, romanized: archiereús, lit. 'Archpriest'[18] or by a more literal translation and order of words as Koinē Greek: ἀρχιερεὺς μέγιστος, romanized: archireús mégistos, lit. 'greatest archpriest'.[19] The term ἀρχιερεύς is used in the Greek Septuagint text of the Old Testament and in the New Testament to refer to the High Priest of Israel, including in 2 Maccabees (2 Maccabees 4:7).
[See Wkpd: Pontifex maximus]

See also Latin Vulgate
Heb 5:1
For every high priest taken from among men is appointed for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins.

The word pontifex, Latin for "pontiff", was used in ancient Rome to designate a member of the College of Pontiffs. In the Latin Vulgate translation of the New Testament, it is sometimes used to designate the Jewish high priest, as in the Gospel of John and Epistle to the Hebrews (John 11:49; Hebrews 5:1). From perhaps as early as the 3rd century, it has been used to denote a Christian bishop. In the Vulgate, the term summus pontifex was originally applied to the High Priest of Israel, as in the Book of Judith (Judith 15:19), whose place, each in his own diocese, the Christian bishops were regarded as holding, based on an interpretation of the First Epistle of Clement (I Clement 40).[20][Wkpd]

[Latin pōns, bridge; see pent- in Indo-European roots.]American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Latin Vulgate has the
God does but He would NEVER establish an evil institution. Judith is an interesting book but not scripture. You have contributed nothing to the op.

Well if you read and learn the facts about it, it is not scripture but a woman lopping off a man's head is impressive. I never said I have some authority, but it isn't scripture. It has lies in it for a start, false historical details.
Yes, you don't have the authority to make that decision.

How do we do this? How do we know a different gospel message then the one preached to us? By discernment using Scripture alone.
No, we don't use scripture alone by ourselves to determine the correct interpretation of God's Holy Word. It is the ecclesiastical authority manifested in the Universal Christian Church which Jesus set up upon this earth that we turn to for the truth. Once again, it must be pointed out that Jesus did not just write a book by Himself, nor did He instruct others to write a book and then tell us all to figure things out by ourselves. Nope, He did not do that. He set up the Church and you would be wise to listen to it.

Last edited:
No, we don't use scripture alone by ourselves to determine the correct interpretation of God's Holy Word. It is the ecclesiastical authority manifested in the Universal Christian Church which Jesus set up upon this earth that we turn to for the truth. Once again, it must be pointed out that Jesus did not just write a book by Himself, nor did He instruct others to write a book and then tell us all to figure things out by ourselves. Nope, He did not do that. He set up the Church and you would be wise to listen to it.
Please let me preface my reply by stating I am not offended by your forceful reply. Albeit I wholeheartedly disagree with your admonition and conclusion, that I "would be wise to listen to it ("ecclesiastical authority manifested in the Universal Christian Church" and in that I presume you mean the HRCC but correct me if I'm wrong)" I respect your passion.

That said, I only submit to the authority of my God and Savior, as a born-again Christian (John 3:5), according to His God-breathed Scripture that teachers in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching, for rebuke, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be fully capable, equipped for every good work." not any man or earthly religious hierarchy.

I respect your passion.
As I do yours. But other things come into play here like the eunuch seeking the counsel of Phillip; that we are told to take our disagreements to "the church"; and that we could possibly interpret the scriptures to our own destruction. The evidence is clear, a visible church was established by Christ on this earth that had the proper authority to guide the faithful on their spiritual journey. That we are not to do all of this by ourselves, and that we are subject to those whom God has placed over us.

As I do yours. But other things come into play here like the eunuch seeking the counsel of Phillip; that we are told to take our disagreements to "the church"; and that we could possibly interpret the scriptures to our own destruction. The evidence is clear, a visible church was established by Christ on this earth that had the proper authority to guide the faithful on their spiritual journey. That we are not to do all of this by ourselves, and that we are subject to those whom God has placed over us
The eunuch did not possess the spiritual knowledge of the Messiah

Acts 8: 34 "And the eunuch said to Philip, “About whom, I ask you, does the prophet say this, about himself or about someone else?” 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus."

as contained in Isaiah 53 but Phillip did and was obeying the Holy Spirit and did not do this of his own accord.

Define "the church" and who will protect us from "interpret(ing) the Scriptures to our own destruction"? It's rather a simple answer:

John 16:13But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

Do not put your trust in men who tell you they have been placed in authority over you. There are many admonitions in Scripture that warn us who these could be. Trust only the Gospel message that has been preached to us in Scripture and then test what someone is telling you based on the truth of Scripture.

Last edited:
Back