Upon this rock/Keys

False. It is the teaching of the Church that all will stand before God at their particular judgement after their death, and at the general judgement at the end of the world.

Those who believe God and have put their trust and faith in Jesus alone, will not be judged with the world of whom has rejected the only way that God, Himself, said was the way to Him. All roads, might lead to rome, but NOT all roads lead to God and the way to heaven. Purgatory is an UNacceptable way of getting in.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The church soon after the apostles passed away, began to fall from God's grace, when it began to accept unbiblical doctrines and teachings. It took the reformation to open some eyes back open. The Rcc knows full well that much of what it teaches, does not line up with Scripture, so it tries to con people into thinking it has authority, it does not have. Tradition and following rituals, is an empty and shallow message, that is void of faith and trust in Jesus alone.

The church soon after the apostles passed away, began to fall from God's grace, when it began to accept unbiblical doctrines and teachings. It took the reformation to open some eyes back open. The Rcc knows full well that much of what it teaches, does not line up with Scripture, so it tries to con people into thinking it has authority, it does not have. Tradition and following rituals, is an empty and shallow message, that is void of faith and trust in Jesus alone.
Other than your opinion, what proof do you have for this statement?

Other than your opinion, what proof do you have for this statement?

Proof is in the marian worship, angel worship, saint worship, dead people worship. None of that is taught in Scripture. All of it goes against Scripture. And don't give me any static that Rc's don't worship mary, because the wording's in recited prayers TO her are indeed worship. Plus I saw the video that bonnie posted not long ago in another thread, that showed people bowing, weeping, going into uncontrolled emotions and swooning before a mary statue that was being carried on a platform and being paraded

No one attempted to stop anyone from doing any of the above. Contrast this with

Acts 14:11-15
When the crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in human form!” 12 Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul they called Hermes because he was the chief speaker. 13 The priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought bulls and wreaths to the city gates because he and the crowd wanted to offer sacrifices to them. 14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of this, they tore their clothes and rushed out into the crowd, shouting: 15 “Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them.

Luke 4:8
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’”

Revelation 22:8-9
8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

Diversionary tactic, to make it appear that Protestants think the same way as Atheists do. Won't work. Because Hell IS in the Bible and Jesus talked about it. Purgatory is nowhere found in the Bible, not even a hint. Therein lies the difference.
But this is the Catholic forum and not the scripture alone forum. It doesn't have to be in the Bible for it to be a Christian doctrine. The Holy Spirit guides us into all the truth and the Pope has been given authority by Jesus.

Those who believe God and have put their trust and faith in Jesus alone, will not be judged with the world of whom has rejected the only way that God, Himself, said was the way to Him. All roads, might lead to rome, but NOT all roads lead to God and the way to heaven. Purgatory is an UNacceptable way of getting in.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The church soon after the apostles passed away, began to fall from God's grace, when it began to accept unbiblical doctrines and teachings. It took the reformation to open some eyes back open.
Very true! There was a revival. People noticed that the "mystery of iniquity" was already occurring BEFORE the apostles passed away.
The Rcc knows full well that much of what it teaches, does not line up with Scripture, so it tries to con people into thinking it has authority, it does not have. Tradition and following rituals, is an empty and shallow message, that is void of faith and trust in Jesus alone.
Also very true! The RCC prides itself on this authority and one of the most notorious examples they use to prove this authority is the profanation of the Sabbath which all of mainstream Christianity still continues to follow to this day.

This fact along with any and all other Catholic doctrines and dogmatic teachings does not prove in any way, shape or form that the RCC has authority over Christendom at all. It only goes to show just how successful their deception has gone in corrupting the world, especially Christianity.

Protestantism has no real clue as to just how blindingly deceptive and evil the RCC truly is. Most Protestants engaging with Catholics remind me of a child playing with a viper.

Diversionary tactic, to make it appear that Protestants think the same way as Atheists do. Won't work. Because Hell IS in the Bible and Jesus talked about it. Purgatory is nowhere found in the Bible, not even a hint. Therein lies the difference.
Yes it is. You refuse to see it.

There is no "Purgatory" in the bible, just as there is no "Trinity" in the bible.

There is no Purgatory in the Bible, BUT--while the word "Trinity" isn't found in the Bible, the concept IS: all 3 Persons in the Godhead are clearly called "God" in the Bible, yet repeatedly, the Bible says there is ONLY one True God and that God is one. Ergo, the Trinity, though I prefer Triune Godhead--more descriptive.

There is no concept of Purgatory in the Bible whatsoever. Not even a hint,, unless one twists Scripture and takes it completely out of context.
But you believe that. And who taught it to you? The Church.
The Bible. See above. Certainly not YOUR RCC.

Then whats this for?

As a non catholic you studied. As a catholic you point me to the ccc for all the meaningful responses. Now youre saying nope, i still do all the stuff i used to and mroe. You sound confused.
I discerned from careful reading and studying of scripture that Jesus gave authority to the Pope. So if we want to know what we are to believe as Christians we look to the one who has been given authority. The CCC is the official teaching of the Catholic Church and sense they have been given the authority the CCC is what we should be listening to if we really want to understand scripture and the Christian faith. There is no confusion at all.

I discerned from careful reading and studying of scripture that Jesus gave authority to the Pope. So if we want to know what we are to believe as Christians we look to the one who has been given authority. The CCC is the official teaching of the Catholic Church and sense they have been given the authority the CCC is what we should be listening to if we really want to understand scripture and the Christian faith. There is no confusion at all.
No, you didn't. We've been through this a million times. You make this claim, i ask for specifics, you dodge every single time. Its your own talking point nothing else.

The CCC is the official teaching of the Catholic Church
the CCC is what we should be listening to if we really want to understand scripture and the Christian faith

So the ccc is your official authority. Thanks, we all knew it wasn't scripture but its nice to hear one of you actually say it out loud. If the ccc is your official teacher, why didn't Peter write one? Why not from day one write an entire catechism and say here is the official teachings from pope Peter to all the catholic faithful? Why did it take so long for your ccc to even come into existence? Your disdain for Gods holy word is noted.

But this is the Catholic forum and not the scripture alone forum. It doesn't have to be in the Bible for it to be a Christian doctrine. The Holy Spirit guides us into all the truth and the Pope has been given authority by Jesus.
" It doesn't have to be in the Bible for it to be a Christian doctrine"

Thats what cults say. Then they create a book or books and convince their followers those are equal to Gods word. Then they say trust us we know better than you how to interpret the bible. Once you've bought into those lies, theres nothing you won't buy into.

No, you didn't. We've been through this a million times. You make this claim, i ask for specifics, you dodge every single time. Its your own talking point nothing else.

So the ccc is your official authority. Thanks, we all knew it wasn't scripture but its nice to hear one of you actually say it out loud. If the ccc is your official teacher, why didn't Peter write one? Why not from day one write an entire catechism and say here is the official teachings from pope Peter to all the catholic faithful? Why did it take so long for your ccc to even come into existence? Your disdain for Gods holy word is noted.
The Pope has been given authority from Jesus. No one else has been given authority to settle issues concerning the Christian faith. So yes we should listen to what the person who has the authority.

Back