The gospel in Genesis.

Let me ask you a question. Did you participate in God’s salvation of your soul?
You're asking if he participated in his Justification. You may get to where you want to be quicker, if you ask him if he participates in his Salvation by Persevering in his Faith...

I'm a Calvinist, but if I weren't I would know what questions to ask; and am better as a Calvinist at rebutting Calvinism than former Calvinists are...

But the thing is; I also know how to rebut the Rebuttals...

Let me ask you a question. Did you participate in God’s salvation of your soul?
You're asking if he participated in his Justification. You may get to where you want to be quicker, if you ask him if he participates in his Salvation by Persevering in his Faith...

I'm a Calvinist, but if I weren't I would know what questions to ask; and am better as a Calvinist at rebutting Calvinism than former Calvinists are...

Lol you are funny

Thank you for the advice.

Let me ask you: Did you participate in God’s salvation of your soul? If you didn’t then you cannot be saved for you are the one who had to repent and also believe. God did not do those things for you did he? ?

God bless brother

Last edited:

Let me ask you: Did you participate in God’s salvation of your soul? If you didn’t then you cannot be saved for you are the one who had to repent, and also believe. God did not do those things for you did he? ?

God bless brother
Ditto

Let me ask you: Did you participate in God’s salvation of your soul? If you didn’t then you cannot be saved for you are the one who had to repent and also believe. God did not do those things for you did he? ?

God bless brother
I participated by Believing and Repenting. God did not do these things for me...

I've described my religious beliefs like a Sponsor's advertising Logo on a NASCAR racecar. For me, Evangelicalism is the big premier Logo on the hood, and Calvinism is a smaller Logo on the rear Quarter Panel of the Car. So my racecar wouldn't be the number 3 Calvinism Car, but would be the number 3 Evangelicalism Car (Dale Earnhardt drove the Mr Goodwrench number 3 car). But this does not deny Calvinism, because that Logo is also on my religious racecar. Non Calvinists are always trying to bump me on that Quarter Panel and spin me out...

Last edited:
I participated by Believing and Repenting. God did not do these things for me...

I've described my religious beliefs like the Sponsor's advertising Logos on a NASCAR car. For me, Evangelicalism is the big premier Logo on the hood, and Calvinism is a smaller Logo on the rear Quarter Panel of the Car. So my racecar wouldn't be the number 3 Calvinism Car, but would be the number 3 Evangelicalism Car (Dale Earnhardt was the number 3 car). But this does not deny Calvinism, because that Logo is on the car. Non Calvinists are always trying to bump me on that Quarter Panel and spin me out...
For me Calvin was the exhaust pipe ? and Arminius the engine ?

Hebrews 4:12-13 is universal in application, not just for believers.
What do you mean by application? This is written to believers not unbelievers. The application is discerning the heart and revealing it to us. God’s work in our sanctification and conforming us to the image of Christ.

Why would God discern the intentions and thoughts of the unsaved heart? How are the unsaved striving to enter rest in Christ?
Hebrews 4:11,
Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.

Do you believe the unsaved could approach the throne of grace with confidence and boldness?
Hebrews 4:16,
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
While the letter was addressed to believers, they were warned to keep the faith because "the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account." (Heb 4:12-13)
Yes, to believers, God is the only one able to search the heart and lead us (believers) in the way of righteousness.
Psalm 139,
Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!
The writer of Hebrews was warning the believers not to fall away from the faith, for all must give God an account for our life. This includes everyone from Adam to the last person born. It is all inclusive of mankind. He was warning them not be like the ones who received the promise of rest and did not enter that rest because of unbelief.
Yes, Paul is preaching to the visible church.
Not to unbelievers.
Let me ask you: Are you saying if it is an unbeliever God's Word is not living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart? And that an unbeliever is excluded from His sight , not naked and exposed, and will not give an account?
I’m saying Hebrews is written to believers.
I also agree God know everyone’s hearts and intentions. But Paul is not teaching unbelievers here.
As you can see, God's Word is universal in application to believers and unbelievers both.
I think your mixing Paul’s teaching about God to believers with Paul teaching unbelievers.
Jesus and the apostles command that we preach the gospel to unbelievers, not teach unbelievers theology.
Why do we preach God's Word if it does not expose the thoughts and intent of a person's heart?
We preach Christ crucified, the gospel.
Believers when in the word, the living word exposes their hearts and intentions. This we cannot do ourselves.
Jeremiah 17,
The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately sick;
who can understand it?
“I the LORD search the heart
and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways,
according to the fruit of his deeds.”
There is no doubt that when God's Word is preached there is some activity going on within a person.
What do you think is happening?
Whether it is a believer or not, God's Word is laying us open and convicting us, comforting us, encouraging us, or whatever it is one needs to hear from God.
For the believer, sure thing.
Do you believe it’s convicting, comforting and encouraging to an unbeliever who hates God? Unless it is an elect, God doing a work in his heart, it’s not encouraging. Many don’t want to even hear it.
So in context, the passage from Hebrews does support that God's Word does the same for everyone, believer or unbeliever.
Again, the epistle is to believers. But no where in scripture does it teach what you are trying to say.
It's what one does with the exposure of our sin from God's living and active Word that matters.

God bless brother
No comment.

I will say however, what your trying to explain by taking the passage out of context is a form of prevenient grace. Which has no part in it.

This is my retort to Joe's post. Hebrews 4:1Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it. 2For good news came to us just as to them, but the message they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united by faith with those who listened.
Yes, which is more of a reason this is to believers, not unbelievers

God bless brother
Let me ask you a question Joe.
Would you point me to a passage which teaches the natural man can repent of himself?

People do not have a real choice as to whether or not they want to believe.
Actually when a man is given a new heart (quickened), not only do they want to but they do believe.
Without the power of God opening the hearts of the hearers, your preaching the gospel will convict no one.
True that!
A crowd hears the gospel preached, and God only opens the hearts of the elect, and they come to repentance. The larger "wiser" crowd believes it folly and mocks.
?

And?

Why do all these men that are drawn to Christ not believe?
What makes you more special than the Atheist who is also drawn?
Are you just more clever than the Atheist to know that you were drawn?

How exactly does it work? Do you even know or have a clue?
Would you point me to a passage which teaches the natural man can repent of himself?
Unchecked Copy Box
Act 3:19 - Repent ye therefore, and-be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Unchecked Copy Box
Act 8:22 - Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, ifperhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

Unchecked Copy Box
Act 17:30 - And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but nowcommandeth all men every where to repent:

And?

Why do all these men that are drawn to Christ not believe?
What makes you more special than the Atheist who is also drawn?
Are you just more clever than the Atheist to know that you were drawn?

How exactly does it work? Do you even know or have a clue?
Unchecked Copy Box
Act 3:19 - Repent ye therefore, andbe converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Unchecked Copy Box
Act 8:22 - Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, ifperhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

Unchecked Copy Box
Act 17:30 - And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but nowcommandeth all men every where to repent:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 3:19 - As many as I love, Irebuke and chasten: be zealoustherefore, and repent.

Unchecked Copy Box
Act 3:19 - Repent ye therefore, and-be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Unchecked Copy Box

Unchecked Copy Box
Yes, no man is released of obligation from worshipping his Maker, the Holy Almighty God.

Acts 3:19 has the correct order repent and be converted.
Do you realize Peter is preaching to the Jews about Christ and how He will come as judge one day? These Jews killed Christ, Peter is telling them to repent.
Read in context. Read ch 4.
Should Peter be preaching something different?

Do you have any evidence that the 5,000 who were saved in ch 4 we’re saved by their own free will? Or by repentance that wasn’t granted to them by God?

Back