Do the "elect", "chosen” or “choice” ones of God know who they are?

From your response you make it clear that you do believe that God has mercy and compassion based on human will and exertion of that will.
Thereby you contradict Paul and the inspired Word of God.
No contradiction:
Psalm 147:11 The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Now you're learning; one cannot make them believe, nor can one decree them to believe. They have to make the choice;

1 Cor. 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered, but the individual gave himself the growth. 7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only the individual who gives himself the growth. ("Gallery" Translation)

Now you're learning; one cannot make them believe, nor can one decree them to believe. They have to make the choice;
1 Cor. 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered, but the individual gave himself the growth. 7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only the individual who gives himself the growth. ("Gallery" Translation)
Where did I state that one can make one's self grow?

So, if everything that leads to salvation comes from God including "the word of God", then Biblical "belief/faith" must come from God as well. Or do you believe that your "belief/faith" originated in you (man)?

1 Cor. 4:7 For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? Faith, of course! If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it? But I didn't receive it! ["Gallery" Translation]

So, if everything that leads to salvation comes from God including "the word of God", then Biblical "belief/faith" must come from God as well. Or do you believe that your "belief/faith" originated in you (man)?
Is the gift of faith irresistible; can one shipwreck, cast off, overthrow the gift?

1 Cor. 4:7 For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? Faith, of course! If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it? But I didn't receive it! ["Gallery" Translation]

John answered, “A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven. John 3:27

Sounds more like the "Peanut Gallery" to me.

God's grace is irresistible. And I can't "shipwreck, cast off" or "overthrow" my own belief no matter how hard unbelievers try.
Some have:
1Tim 1:19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
1Tim 5:12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

God's grace is irresistible. And I can't "shipwreck, cast off" or "overthrow" my own belief no matter how hard unbelievers try.

It makes more sense that all the warnings about apostasy are to people who aren't even saved and can't be saved because they are chosen to be reprobate.

They sure need that warning!!!

Some have:
1Tim 1:19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
1Tim 5:12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

It makes more sense that all the warnings about apostasy are to people who aren't even saved and can't be saved because they are chosen to be reprobate.

They sure need that warning!!!

That's their problem, as I am not them and nor am I held accountable for their actions. God saves and not us.

So, I can only conclude that those who can wilfully "shipwreck, cast off" or "overthrow" "THEIR OWN" faith were never "chosen" to begin with and lived a lie.

So, I can only conclude that those who can wilfully "shipwreck, cast off" or "overthrow" "THEIR OWN" faith were never "chosen" to begin with and lived a lie.
Are you saying the un-chosen had unsaving faith to cast off; or, is there where Evanescent grace comes in?

Salvation is by grace through faith, not of works, lest any man should boast.
That passage is referring to works of the law...
Enduring to the end is evidence of salvation,
enduring to the end ie working out your salvation
which means that we shall be saved at the end.
That is what I have been saying all along
There are past, present and future elements of salvation: we have been saved, we are saved and we shall be saved; but, they are all elements of the one salvation, which is eternal.
Actually, it is. We were saved. We are being saved, and we shall be saved... To say we are saved means it is the final act.
Hope, in the NT, means steadfast confidence for the future, which you can only have if you are already saved.
Paul tells us what hope means...
Romans 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Can you show a passage where it says hope means steadfast confidence for the future?

To cultivate (a more precise translation than "work out") your salvation means that you already have it. You cannot cultivate (or work out) something that you do not have!
The context of that passage does not say you already have attained salvation... People do not hope for what they already have...
Here is another passage showing salvation is yet to be attained...
1 Thessalonians 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
Here is another, it says at the end of your faith you receive salvation...
1Peter 1
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

God's word states:
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
That simply means that God uses preaching to deliver the message of salvation...Learn the parable of the sower and the seeds...
9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?
10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

That simply means that God uses preaching to deliver the message of salvation...Learn the parable of the sower and the seeds...
9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?
10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
Are you saying 'that believe' is redundant?
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Are you saying 'that believe' is redundant?
Where did I say that? People who believe the preacher actually obey what the preacher says by completing the action...If you believe Jesus please tell us what Jesus commanded you to do through his apostles, that you believe and obeyed and are currently obeying?

Back