Do the "elect", "chosen” or “choice” ones of God know who they are?

I agree.

If salvation is a act of God and He is the only one that can save people, then why are there "saved people" who believe that they contributed to their salvation and done something to save themselves?
Who said anything about people saving themselves?

Where did I say that? People who believe the preacher actually obey what the preacher says by completing the action...If you believe Jesus please tell us what Jesus commanded you to do through his apostles, that you believe and obeyed and are currently obeying?
Is that not what 1Cor 1:21 states; God saves those who believe.
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Who are those whom God chooses to save?

Scripturally, God saves those who believe:
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, [/u]it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.[/u]

Belief/faith is the means by which one is saved.
What you are dancing around and not addressing is that God will have mercy and compassion on who He wills.
So it does not depend on your will or on exertion but only on God.

Jesus the author of faith as per scripture.

You just choose to believe self over the word of God is all.

Did God have mercy and compassion on you because of your free will or exertion?
Can you answer?

Is that not what 1Cor 1:21 states; God saves those who believe.
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
No it says..For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. You just left out preaching, Paul explains this here...

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent?
as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

It is clear in the passage that people hear and some believe but not all obey...This brings us back to James...faith without works is dead (ineffective)

No it says..For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. You just left out preaching, ...
That does not take away from God saving those who believe the preached word.

What you are dancing around and not addressing is that God will have mercy and compassion on who He wills.
So it does not depend on your will or on exertion but only on God....
Can you answer?
God has mercy and compassion on those who fear God. Who said anything about God saving me because of my will or exertion?

No contradiction:
Psalm 147:11 The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.
And you keep saying that means that His mercy is dependent on hope, or human will or exertion.

You just cannot face the truth, can you?
Rom 9:16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

God has mercy and compassion on those who fear God. Who said anything about God saving me because of my will or exertion?
God does not have mercy and compassion on those who do not fear Him.
His mercy and compassion is not dependent on the fear of man.
Rom 9:16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

Why do you speak out of both sides of your mouth?
You freely chose to fear God and that lead Him to show you mercy and compassion, right?

God does not have mercy and compassion on those who do not fear Him.
His mercy and compassion is not dependent on the fear of man.
Psalm 147:11 The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Context:
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

Pretenders who shipwreck God's irresistible gift of faith?

The same false prophets whom Christ bought, and to whom were given the irresistible gift of faith?
Mat 13:20 As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy,
Mat 13:21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away.
Mat 13:22 As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.
Mat 13:23 As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.”

I wonder if you are at all able to discern the difference between the first two and the last. Does it speak of them striving in keeping their faith.

A faith that comes from free will choices is indeed not irresistible.

Someone who chooses to believe can also choose not to believe. They are oxymoronic.

Hebrews 1 Defines faith.
There is assurance and conviction.

If you have assurance that Jesus Christ is your savior it means you are sure.
If you have a conviction from self that He is Lord and Savior, then self can unconvict at any time.

When God reveals to you that Jesus Christ is Lord and savior, it does not come from self, but from God.
Jesus is then the author of your faith through revelation. He is also the perfecter of your faith through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Those who have self will choice as the author of their faith, will never have their faith perfected and can choose to stop believing at any moment.

I am not stupid enough to think I believe the revealed truth that Christ is my Lord and Savior with full assurance and conviction, and then to say I don't believe in Christ as my Lord and savior because my assurance and conviction was wrong. That would deny the Sovereignty of God.

If I were to have a faith born from my will and choices, devoid of re-birth which is spiritual and not by self will, then that assurance and conviction is based on self and I can change my mind any time. That makes my will sovereign over my life and a pretender, of which their are many.

It is not difficult to see in which category the deniers of total and absolute salvation fall.

And???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
His mercy is not dependent on their fear.
Those who fear Him already received His compassion and mercy.

Your premise that God has mercy because people fear Him is false and goes against scripture!

Context:
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
And???????????????
What is your context, that she knew that God would have mercy on the younger and not the older?

Pretenders who shipwreck God's irresistible gift of faith?

The same false prophets whom Christ bought, and to whom were given the irresistible gift of faith?

No, I mean someone who "did not believe" to begin with, but just pretends, a person like Judas Iscariot.

But there are some of you who do not believe. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him. John 6:64

Who said anything about people saving themselves?

If you think your own "will" had anything to do your salvation, then you must have saved yourself.

13 And we -- we ought to give thanks to God always for you, brethren, beloved by the Lord, that God did choose you from the beginning to salvation, in sanctification of the Spirit, and belief of the truth, 14 to which He did call you through our good news, to the acquiring of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ; 15 so, then, brethren, stand ye fast, and hold the deliverances that ye were taught, whether through word, whether through our letter; 16 and may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and our God and Father, who did love us, and did give comfort age-during, and good hope in grace, 17 comfort your hearts, and establish you in every good word and work. 2 Thessalonians 2:13-17

Last edited:
No, I mean someone who "did not believe" to begin with, but just pretends, a person like Judas Iscariot.
Someone who does not believe yet cast off their first faith.
1Tim 5:12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

If you think your own "will" had anything to do your salvation, then you must have saved yourself.
More projection on your part; I did not say my will had anything to do with my salvation.

Back