The gospel in Genesis.

I am on an iPhone which does not let me use the quote function How do you square your belief that God has chosen some for hell when that directly contradicts the following scripture ?
Unchecked Copy Box
2Pe 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering tous-ward, not willing that any should perish,but that all should come to repentance Many perish but scripture clearly says that is NOT God’s will. Men perish when they reject the truth of God in Christ Jesus and live their sin more than God.God is not confused folks who make scripture contradict other scriptures are confused.
The Parable of the Landlord and the Vinedresser is taught to be God the Father's sentiments toward Israel, and God the Son's sentiments toward Israel. The Father wanted to BURN them, but the Son wanted to DUNG them...

So in one sense, it IS the Will of the Father that SOME perish, and it's the Will of the Son that NONE perish...

Right?

Are you mad at me?

The Parable of the Landlord and the Vinedresser is taught to be God the Father's sentiments toward Israel, and God the Son's sentiments toward Israel. The Father wanted to BURN them, but the Son wanted to DUNG them...

So in one sense, it IS the Will of the Father that SOME perish, and it's the Will of the Son that NONE perish...

Right?

Are you mad at me?
Nope I am not mad at you. I only get side ways when someone lies and then shuffles backwards when asked for a post# or quote of supposed statement I made, which of course they could not produce because it never happened. I posted a scripture that specifically said it is NOT the will of God that any should perish. Do you have a scripture that specifically says it is God’s will that some perish ?

I am on an iPhone which does not let me use the quote function How do you square your belief that God has chosen some for hell when that directly contradicts the following scripture ?
Unchecked Copy Box
2Pe 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering tous-ward, not willing that any should perish,but that all should come to repentance
I already answered this.
It shows you are not reading and not interested.

If you were truly interested you would look at the following context.
Peter is in conversation with Christians who are "complaining" about Christs return and why it is taking so long.
He admonishes them regarding the promise of Christs return and says He is not slack as you count slackness, The elect in Peters lifetime up to today would not perish, but in time come to repentance.

The scripture has nothing to do with all men being saved, or God wanting all men to be saved but rather with all the elect being saved in time.

God does not contradict Himself.
"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” does not mean God wants every person to come to repentance and not perish.
You want to make it sound as if God cannot/is not able to do what He wills, but God is dependent on the will of man.

Many perish but scripture clearly says that is NOT God’s will.
No, it does not. That is you reading scripture out of context thereby contradicting God
God will have mercy and compassion on who He wills, not on who you will. This is really not difficult to understand, but your ears and heart is closed to truth.
Men perish when they reject the truth of God in Christ Jesus and love their sin more than God.God is not confused folks who make scripture contradict other scriptures are confused.
I am not the one trying to contradict scripture.
You are continually trying to contradict God by denying that God's mercy does not depend on human will.
You did it again with what you wrote above.

Men perish and reject Christ because they are not His sheep.
The worship of self displayed on these pages day after day is frightening.

Unchecked Copy Box
2Pe 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering tous-ward, not willing that any should perish,but that all should come to repentance
Easy, you don’t understand 1 Peter 3:9.
And it don’t fit for your argument,

Next. …

Nope I am not mad at you. I only get side ways when someone lies and then shuffles backwards when asked for a post# or quote of supposed statement I made, which of course they could not produce because it never happened. I posted a scripture that specifically said it is NOT the will of God that any should perish. Do you have a scripture that specifically says it is God’s will that some perish ?
Your wrong in what you said about 1 Peter 3:9.

Next…

I already answered this.
It shows you are not reading and not interested.

If you were truly interested you would look at the following context.
Peter is in conversation with Christians who are "complaining" about Christs return and why it is taking so long.
He admonishes them regarding the promise of Christs return and says He is not slack as you count slackness, The elect in Peters lifetime up to today would not perish, but in time come to repentance.

The scripture has nothing to do with all men being saved, or God wanting all men to be saved but rather with all the elect being saved in time.

God does not contradict Himself.
"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” does not mean God wants every person to come to repentance and not perish.
You want to make it sound as if God cannot/is not able to do what He wills, but God is dependent on the will of man.

No, it does not. That is you reading scripture out of context thereby contradicting God
God will have mercy and compassion on who He wills, not on who you will. This is really not difficult to understand, but your ears and heart is closed to truth.

I am not the one trying to contradict scripture.
You are continually trying to contradict God by denying that God's mercy does not depend on human will.
You did it again with what you wrote above.

Men perish and reject Christ because they are not His sheep.
The worship of self displayed on these pages day after day is frightening.
Under your theology John 3:16 is meaningless as is Paul telling the jailer to be saved he must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Unchecked Copy Box
Act 16:30 - And brought them out,and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved.
Unchecked Copy Box
Act 16:31 - And they said, Believe-on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thoushalt be saved, and thy house.
The new and improved calvinist rendering of John 3:16 For God is completely indifferent toward some in the world so that He gave His only begotten Son that wether some believed or not God willed they spend eternity in hell. That my friend is not the God of scripture no matter how much you believe it. The correct John 3:16 says, “ for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son for whosoever believes will be saved.
Jhn 3:17 - For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;but that the world through him might be saved.

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:18 - He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:19 - And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Yes, as in the Passage of the barren Fig Tree. The Landlord wanted to BURN the Tree; which, as God, is the Apple of his eye. But Jesus the Gardener wanted a year to DUNG the tree. This shows that God is Willing that some will perish...

For people who say that Lordship Salvation means we need fruit and shouldn't be barren, that means God is Willing an Antinomian should perish; right?

Unchecked Copy Box
2Pe 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering tous-ward, not willing that any should perish,but that all should come to repentance Many perish but scripture clearly says that is NOT God’s will. Men perish when they reject the truth of God in Christ Jesus and love their sin more than God.God is not confused folks who make scripture contradict other scriptures are confused.
2Peter 3:9,
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Do you honestly believe that God is not willing that anyone with perish? Do you believe Peter is talking to the unsaved here, how God is being patient towards them not willing any to perish?

I believe it will do you good to read in context. First find out who this is written to. I’ll give you just one hint because I am trying to help you. 2Peter 3:8,
But do not overlook this one fact, beloved,………

It’s very disturbing that so many professed Christian’s treat God’s word as they do.
taking scripture out of context, reading and adding into it, especially in places where it explicitly states who it is to.

I hope you and @Joe will reconsider these things.

Under your theology John 3:16 is meaningless as is Paul telling the jailer to be saved he must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Unchecked Copy Box
Act 16:30 - And brought them out,and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved.
Unchecked Copy Box
Act 16:31 - And they said, Believe-on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thoushalt be saved, and thy house.
The new and improved calvinist rendering of John 3:16 For God is completely indifferent toward some in the world so that He gave His only begotten Son that wether some believed or not God willed they spend eternity in hell. That my friend is not the God of scripture no matter how much you believe it. The correct John 3:16 says, “ for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son for whosoever believes will be saved.
Jhn 3:17 - For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;but that the world through him might be saved.

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:18 - He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:19 - And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Would you like to go over John 3:16 in context?
Are there no verses before 16? Or do you just not like them?

Yes, as in the Passage of the barren Fig Tree. The Landlord wanted to BURN the Tree; which, as God, is the Apple of his eye. But Jesus the Gardener wanted a year to DUNG the tree. This shows that God is Willing that some will perish...

For people who say that Lordship Salvation means we need fruit and shouldn't be barren, that means God is Willing an Antinomian should perish; right?
Sure that is why Jesus stepped out of heaven and became a man because God already did a lottery in heaven some hit the power ball and some lost. The love of God is to pre determine many for eternal hell. That is not the God of scripture. Explain to any 6 year old that before they were born their eternal destiny was pre ordained by God and wether they love God or not makes zero difference because if God chose them for hell their believing makes zero difference.

Jn 3:18.

In your order.
The biblical order

Regeneration is the impartation of life which is preceded by faith/repentance

John 20:31 (KJV)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:40 (KJV)
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Acts 11:18 (KJV)
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

John 6:57 (KJV)
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Regeneration makes one a child of God. One is made a child of God through faith

John 1:12 (KJV)
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Galatians 3:26 (KJV)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

John 12:36 (KJV)
36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Regeneration is a spiritual resurrection. It is through faith

Colossians 2:12 (KJV)
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

One is born again through faith in gospel

James 1:18 (KJV)
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV)
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Regeneration is the mechanism of salvation

Titus 3:5 (KJV)
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Ephesians 2:5 (KJV)
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

it is through faith we are saved

Titus 3:8 (KJV)
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Regeneration is preceded by remission of sin

Colossians 2:13 (KJV)
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

which requires both faith and repentance

Acts 10:43 (KJV)
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Luke 24:47 (KJV)
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 5:31 (KJV)
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

but we both know you will not address it

The biblical order

Regeneration is the impartation of life which is preceded by faith/repentance

John 20:31 (KJV)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:40 (KJV)
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Acts 11:18 (KJV)
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

John 6:57 (KJV)
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Regeneration makes one a child of God. One is made a child of God through faith

John 1:12 (KJV)
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Galatians 3:26 (KJV)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

John 12:36 (KJV)
36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Regeneration is a spiritual resurrection. It is through faith

Colossians 2:12 (KJV)
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

One is born again through faith in gospel

James 1:18 (KJV)
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV)
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Regeneration is the mechanism of salvation

Titus 3:5 (KJV)
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Ephesians 2:5 (KJV)
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

it is through faith we are saved

Titus 3:8 (KJV)
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Regeneration is preceded by remission of sin

Colossians 2:13 (KJV)
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

which requires both faith and repentance

Acts 10:43 (KJV)
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Luke 24:47 (KJV)
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 5:31 (KJV)
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

but we both know you will not address it
In your order Tom.

and you have no authority here.

Unchecked Copy Box

Jhn 3:18 - He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. Wrong ! They are condemned for NOT believing that does not make their rejecting truth the will of God.

Back