Do the "elect", "chosen” or “choice” ones of God know who they are?

That passage is referring to works of the law...
It is referring to any and all works by which someone might try to be saved. We are not saved by anything that we do; we are saved by what God does in us and for us.

enduring to the end ie working out your salvation
Outworking your salvation is cultivating it, not "enduring to the end", which is a separate subject.

That is what I have been saying all along
No, it's not. Out final salvation includes the resurrection, when we will be saved from our corrupt bodies and this sinful world. This does not mean that we are not already saved; it just means that not all elements of that salvation have been applied yet.

Actually, it is. We were saved. We are being saved, and we shall be saved... To say we are saved means it is the final act.
No, it does not. To say that we are saved, means that we are no longer under God's wrath and condemnation; it means that we have fellowship with the Lord; we have forgiveness and have been adopted into his family; we are sheep that have been gathered to the Good Shepherd and can never perish; we have been born again and cannot return to a life characterised by sin, because of our new nature. We have the Holy Spirit indwelling, as a down-payment, guaranteeing final payment (i.e. the resurrection and all that means).

Paul tells us what hope means...
Romans 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Can you show a passage where it says hope means steadfast confidence for the future?
Yes; the passage you quoted here means exactly that. We are saved by means of steadfast confidence in Christ, for our future.

It is referring to any and all works by which someone might try to be saved. We are not saved by anything that we do; we are saved by what God does in us and for us.

Good thing faith is not a work according to context

Ephesians 2:8–9 (KJV 1900)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Someone who does not believe yet cast off their first faith.
1Tim 5:12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

Yes. They are referred to as "wolves" and "false prophets" in the Bible.

More projection on your part; I did not say my will had anything to do with my salvation.

Strawman. No, it is called logic.
And if you believe that you have "free will" to choose God rather than God choosing you, then you must have saved yourself. However, if one believes God has chosen them by making them believe, then that's God's salvation.

"Wolves" and "false prophets' who cast off their first irresistible faith:
1Tim 5:12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

And if you believe that you have "free will" to choose God rather than God choosing you, then you must have saved yourself. However, if one believes God has chosen them by making them believe, then that's God's salvation.
Yet more projection. Are you saying the publican chose God instead of God choosing the publican; therefore, he must have saved himself.

Luke 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Nowhere stated in the bible

That does not take away from God saving those who believe the preached word.
Well, tell us how he saves those who believe. You seem to be projecting something other than preaching as stated in the context of the passage. The way I see it, those who believe must obey what was preached to them.

Well, tell us how he saves those who believe.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

You seem to be projecting something other than preaching as stated in the context of the passage.
What exactly do you think I am projecting; I can't read your mind.

The way I see it, those who believe must obey what was preached to them.
You think I am projecting that one need not obey the preaching? We are told to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Oh Please, you are posting two verses out of context... Here is the context of that passage...
1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
9 Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Clearly this involves the person who believes to do something...
What exactly do you think I am projecting; I can't read your mind.
You are projecting people are saved by doing nothing except believing.
You think I am projecting that one need not obey the preaching? We are told to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
I know you are projecting, your words prove it. What do you suppose "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ means?"
Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway
Learn to read context not one verse...
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
If one confesses that Jesus is their master, it follows the person is committed to obeying Jesus as his master...You are projecting that one can believe in their mind but not obey Jesus and still be saved.
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

If one confesses that Jesus is their master, it follows the person is committed to obeying Jesus as his master...You are projecting that one can believe in their mind but not obey Jesus and still be saved.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Allow me to project your thought: one must believe and be baptized in order to be saved; ie, no baptism, no salvation.

Did not fair too well for the thief on the cross.
Jesus said to make Disciples of all Nations, Teaching them and Baptizing them in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit. A Disciple is a another word for a Student. We are made Students after we are Saved through Faith Alone. Since being made a Student is an equal 'Charge' with the Charge of Baptism; why is 'Teaching' not equally as required as Baptism, to be Saved? Why is there no Righteous Ceremony to also 'Teach' people, that is on-par with Water Baptism; since both Teaching and Baptism are coupled by Jesus? Since Jesus said to Baptize in order to be Saved, why would anyone want to Baptize only in the name of Christ? To teach that Jesus requires Baptism in order to be Saved, but teach that Jesus does not require Baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost; divides Christ's Mandate, to prefer Peter's Mandate instead. This is Special Pleading; IE to prefer one Mandate of Jesus but not prefer a related Mandate of Jesus...

Right?

Last edited:
Jesus said to make Disciples of all Nations, Teaching them and Baptizing them in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit. A Disciple is a another word for a Student. We are made Students after we are Saved through Faith Alone. Since being made a Student is an equal 'Charge' with the Charge of Baptism; why is 'Teaching' not equally as required as Baptism, to be Saved? Why is there no Righteous Ceremony to also 'Teach' people, that is on-par with Water Baptism; since both Teaching and Baptism are coupled by Jesus? Since Jesus said to Baptize in order to be Saved, why would anyone want to Baptize only in the name of Christ? To teach that Jesus requires Baptism in order to be Saved, but teach that Jesus does not require Baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost; divides Christ's Mandate, to prefer Peter's Mandate instead. This is Special Pleading; IE to prefer one Mandate of Jesus but not prefer a related Mandate of Jesus...

Right?
Is one saved after belief and baptism; or, is one saved by belief, then are baptized?
I have no issue with baptism; I was baptized twice: once as an infant without belief, which did not save me; then baptized again, as an adult in a lake, after I believed and was saved.

Is one saved after belief and baptism; or, is one saved by belief, then are baptized?
I have no issue with baptism; I was baptized twice: once as an infant without belief, which did not save me; then baptized again, as an adult in a lake, after I believed and was saved.
People are Saved when they believe, before they are Baptized. They are Baptized into Discipleship. 'Disciple' does not Conflate with 'Believer', but Conflates with 'Student'...

Nowhere stated in the bible

If you think that there's "Nowhere" "in the bible" that God chooses His children by using belief/faith, then you are very mislead. And if you don't know how God chooses believers, then stop pretending you do. You're projecting your unbelief.

If belief/faith is a gift of God and God uses belief/faith in order to make Himself known to all believers, then where do you think belief/faith originates, if not from God? I know people you like to think you have control over what you believe in regards to the faith, but if you weren't chosen to believe by God, then you don't know Him.

If you think that there's "Nowhere" "in the bible" that God chooses His children by using belief/faith, then you are very mislead. And if you don't know how God chooses believers, then stop pretending you do. You're projecting your unbelief.

If belief/faith is a gift of God and God uses belief/faith in order to make Himself known to all believers, then where do you think belief/faith originates, if not from God? I know people you like to think you have control over what you believe in regards to the faith, but if you weren't chosen to believe by God, then you don't know Him.
I noticed you produce no verse

why is that?

Can you not support your belief biblically?

Back