Christians: admit what you don't know

You come across as a smug, arrogant self absorbed know-it-all. Your look at the the trees is particularly small minded.
I consistently come across you whining to someone else about their inferiority, and your innocent behavior.

Perhaps the problem is you? :ROFLMAO:

I consistently come across you whining to someone else about their inferiority, and your innocent behavior.

Perhaps the problem is you? :ROFLMAO:
You consistently sneer at atheists in a petty minded manner, whilst avoiding any attempt at reasonable discussion.

Try to understand what I'm saying.
You didn't just ask for some semblance of benefit from doubting, did you?

I mean you get what you give, as you often say.

When was the last time you gave some christian poster here that benefit? I've never seen it.

Forgiveness is always available from Christ. God is good.

There are many things I do not know, but I do know some specific things. Such as the way to reach God is not through an atheist message board. As Christ told us, He is very near to each of us, right at the door, waiting..

You didn't just ask for some semblance of benefit from doubting, did you?
Your usual vaguary.
I mean you get what you give, as you often say.
I remember myself and others trying to be reasonable with you, but we didn't get that back in return.
There are many things I do not know, but I do know some specific things. Such as the way to reach God is not through an atheist message board. As Christ told us, He is very near to each of us, right at the door, waiting..
Waiting for what?

I think many Christians come across as too much of a know-it-all. I don't find that appealing at all.

When you boil it all down to it, we only believe in Christ because somehow we experienced a miracle that changed who we are.

I say lose the smug condescension and judgmental attitude towards those who have not yet experienced that same miracle.
I would say it's true we walk by Faith; not by sight...

I remember myself and others trying to be reasonable with you, but we didn't get that back in return.
:ROFLMAO:

That was funny.

I remember you always being unreasonable.

But hey, just keep posting, I'm sure your belief about being reasonable will show itself, or not.

Ok, apparently @Dizerner isn't in the business of following through with requests for clarification on his posts/ideas.

Come on D!

In fact, it looks like he just dropped a bomb and then vanished.

I think many Christians come across as too much of a know-it-all. I don't find that appealing at all.

When you boil it all down to it, we only believe in Christ because somehow we experienced a miracle that changed who we are.

I say lose the smug condescension and judgmental attitude towards those who have not yet experienced that same miracle.
actually the smug and condescending attitude..
would indicate that they did not meet Him , not as your post indicates, that they did...
so - the miracle, if such a smug person had it, would be sorcery, having met God's enemy, not God
and then from that condescending monstrous position, oppressing God's souls.

i pray for all who are His souls, that if indeed He likes you,
you have an experience with Him that once and for all lets you
forget all that was before
and ignore any smug condescending of you

Ok, apparently @Dizerner isn't in the business of following through with requests for clarification on his posts/ideas.

Come on D!

In fact, it looks like he just dropped a bomb and then vanished.

???‍♂️??

O......

K.....
Then.....

Well, since I'm seeing no connection between them, I'll do it the way I've been doing it all along.

(Unless that's your point! You don't have any interest in following through. You just wanted to drop a flyby bomb, and run away, with no follow through.) In which case, it makes perfect sense.

According to Hosea 4:6, YHVH says that his people are destroyed by the lack of knowledge.

According to Proverbs 29:18, we read that where people don't have any revelatory experience, they cast off restraint but happy are those who keep the law.

In 2 Timothy 3 we're instructed to study to show ourselves approved that we may rightly handle the truth.

In Acts 17:11, we read that the people who were living in the town of Berea were viewed as having greater nobility and honor than the people who were in thessaloniki, solely because they searched the scriptures daily to find out if what Paul was saying was true or not.

In his letter to the Thessalonians, we read that Paul tells them to test everything, to cling to the things that are good and to abhor the things that are evil.

In John 14, Jesus tells us that he will give us his Holy Spirit, who among other things, will teach us, and bring to our remembrance everything that Jesus taught us.

The problem I'm seeing in this OP is that having knowledge and understanding is not being validated, and seemingly vilified.

YHVH assures us that he will give us a heart to know him. Not guess, not assume, not be presumptuous, but actually KNOW him. Jeremiah 24:7.

Thus, it should be our goal to actually know YHVH and Jesus.

Part of how this is achieved is by learning the bible. Making it a daily habit to read, and learn to walk in Christ.

Numerous items in the bible describe the importance of knowledge of the bible.

2 Peter 1:2-4

Our experience of the grace and peace of God is increased as our knowledge of God and Jesus increases.
As our knowledge increases, we come to learn that everything we need to live a life of godliness has been given to us. As we learn these things, we come to learn that God has given us many exceedingly great and precious promises that by these promises, we can become partakers of his divine nature and escape the corruption that is in this world because of evil desires.

In Philippians 4:4-9, we learn similar things about experiencing the peace of God in our lives, our hearts, our minds...

All of which are inherently bound up in knowledge of God and his word and the application thereof.

So, instead of decrying what you perceive to be the sin of others, do what Jesus said and learn, then learn to follow him.

Which, from my observations, is what the Jesus followers are to be engaged in.

Back