Women Are Not To Teach From The Pulpit or In Church Media.

Jabez

1 Tim. 2:11-12, "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be
in silence."

This is the Word of God through Paul, a blanket statement not dependant upon situational circumstances not context of the Epistle to Timothy. It is focused to the point of identifying "the woman" as every woman in the Church.

The word "silence" is twice used. There is no place in this instruction for chit chat discussion and interpretive sharing by concerned hearts.

The truth and wisdom of this is born out each time a Woman presumes to teach. Furthermore, the directive for "sobriety" in vs. 15 disallows chatting, bouncing around, and vainly joking while in fellowship. The pathway to gossip is to be obediently avoided.

Praise God for the clarity of His determinative Word for Godliness in His People.

1 Tim. 2:11-12, "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be
in silence."

This is the Word of God through Paul, a blanket statement not dependant upon situational circumstances not context of the Epistle to Timothy. It is focused to the point of identifying "the woman" as every woman in the Church.

The word "silence" is twice used. There is no place in this instruction for chit chat discussion and interpretive sharing by concerned hearts.

The truth and wisdom of this is born out each time a Woman presumes to teach. Furthermore, the directive for "sobriety" in vs. 15 disallows chatting, bouncing around, and vainly joking while in fellowship. The pathway to gossip is to be obediently avoided.

Praise God for the clarity of His determinative Word for Godliness in His People.
It's what the Bible teaches.

I've been at CARM since 2008. Every time, I see a poster using the word 'chatting, or chit-chatting. I know who that person is.

Shall I take care of it, JR or will you?

Are there no exceptions to the rule? How about Aimee Semple McPherson; founder
of the Four Square Church?
_

in silence."

I think the reasons go deeper. Paul gives an answer:
13 For Adam was formed first, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression.

It is not dependant upon situational circumstances or customs of that day.

in silence."

This is a pastoral letter to Timothy writing in a specific circumstance, not "a blanket statement". The text as stated:

11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over her husband; she must be quiet.

This is about the relationship between a husband and a wife. What has her not teaching or assuming authority over her husband this got to do with teaching from the pulpit?

If the man or woman speaks from the pulpit, they are not in authority over me, nor my wife. If they have deluded themselves into thinking so, they need their head examined. If the guy or gal in the pulpit teaches such a foolish thing, the fools who follow him or her should also have their heads examined.

As noted above, I suspect "Beloved Daughter" has hunted and bagged another obvious troll. And not even a good one at that.

in silence."

This is Pauls gospel not Jesus. I dont remember Jesus making those laws only out from Pauls religious beliefs not Jesus.

That is why I follow the way of Jesus instead of Paul, he made up his own rules for his religious beliefs. Compare the two in their doctrines and see.

This is Pauls gospel not Jesus. I dont remember Jesus making those laws only out
from Pauls religious beliefs not Jesus.

That is why I follow the way of Jesus instead of Paul, he made up his own rules for
his religious beliefs. Compare the two in their doctrines and see.

To my knowledge, Jesus left behind no writings of his own. So in reality, you
haven't been following the way of Jesus, you have been following the ways of
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John; and their rules are no less suspect than Paul's,
James', Jude's. and/or Peter's.
_

This is a pastoral letter to Timothy writing in a specific circumstance, not "a blanket statement". The text as stated:

11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over her husband; she must be quiet.

This is about the relationship between a husband and a wife. What has her not teaching or assuming authority over her husband this got to do with teaching from the pulpit?

If the man or woman speaks from the pulpit, they are not in authority over me, nor my wife. If they have deluded themselves into thinking so, they need their head examined. If the guy or gal in the pulpit teaches such a foolish thing, the fools who follow him or her should also have their heads examined.

As noted above, I suspect "Beloved Daughter" has hunted and bagged another obvious troll. And not even a good one at that.
What dioes "authority over me" actually mean? Just curious. Does it mean they can tell you when you can and can't go on vacation?

_
Isn't all scriptured inspired by the Holy Spirit? Which would include Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John as well as
Paul's, James', Jude's. and Peter's?

Isn't all scriptured inspired by the Holy Spirit? Which would include Matthew,
Mark, Luke, and John as well as Paul's, James', Jude's. and Peter's?

That's the gist of 2Tim 3:16, but seeing as how it's one of Paul's rules, then
according to Gary Mac, it's a man-made rule rather than one of Christ's rules.
_

What dioes "authority over me" actually mean? Just curious. Does it mean they can tell you when you can and can't go on vacation?

The post being quoted used a passage regarding the relationship between the husband and wife to justify women not being able to preach or teach from the pulpit.

If anybody believes that just because a person speaks from the pulpit, that they are somehow in authority over anybody in the same manner as a marriage relationship, they need to have their head examined.

As to whether it regards vacation, you will have to examine your own marriage to answer that question for yourself.

1Cor 14:37 . . If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him
acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the
Lord.

If the statement above is true, then folks who reject Paul's teachings as his own
teachings, are doing so because they are not spiritual, viz: they have problems. But
of course if the passage above is misinformation, then the ones with problems are
those of us confident that Paul's writings speak for Christ
_

1Cor 14:37 . . If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him
acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the
Lord.

If the statement above is true, then folks who reject Paul's teachings as his own
teachings, are doing so because they are not spiritual, viz: they have problems. But
of course if the passage above is misinformation, then the ones with problems are
those of us confident that Paul's writings speak for Christ
_
Jim Jones and David Koresh said pretty much the same thing didn't they? That does not mean it is from God at all.If Jesus didn't say it Im not really interested in mans interpretations. That is why I follow Jesus in what was quoted of him instead of these. Beliefs are not real they are speculation and can be anything.

Gal 1:8 . . But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto
you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

If the above is true, then folks who reject Paul's gospel as his own gospel are
accursed even as we speak,i.e. dead on the hoof. However, if the passage above
turns out to be misinformation, then those of us who believe it are the ones
accursed and dead on the hoof.

Gal 1:11-12 . . I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not
something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I
taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire?
_

_
The only way one can understand that what Jesus presented of the Father is if one has His same mind and walk in it as He walks in it, perfect, holy, pure and without sin. Christ as your minmd which is you being Gods anointed to have His same mind.

Paul teaches that you are a sinner and noting you can do about that, Jesus teaches that in the Father there is no sin, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. He in you and you in Him as one just as Jesus was one in Him, described in Jesus prayer tp his God for us to be in John 17.

And Jesus was clear that the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation but is within you. Luke n17:20-21. And when one sees Him as He really is ye shall be like Him, 1 John 3 and we who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin, cannot sin because we are born of God just as Jesus was born of God. If not is different from that what Jesus was in the Father then one doesnt follow the way of Jesus to Him at all.

Gal 1:8 . . But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto
you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

If the above is true, then folks who reject Paul's gospel as his own gospel are
accursed even as we speak,i.e. dead on the hoof. However, if the passage above
turns out to be misinformation, then those of us who believe it are the ones
accursed and dead on the hoof.

Gal 1:11-12 . . I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not
something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I
taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire?
_
If one is like Paul as a sinner instead of like Jesus and without sin, then one is of Paul not Jesus.

_
Only quotes of him. But by identification with Jesus from what was quoted of him, I have the same identification in the Father that Jesus had in the Father. If noting was written of Jesus I still have that same identity of the Father that was quoted of Jesus having. Abraham had that same identification, Moses had the same, even Adam had the same and became like God to know this difference, Gen 3:22. 120 in an upper room became exactly like Him as Jesus was like Him.

What book did Adam read to be anointed of God? What book did Abraham or Moses read to be anointed of God? What book did Jesus read for God to come to him and open up all of who He is and His heaven to that man in Matt 3:16 as He did the same way in these others? How about the 120. How did they come to know God? Was it not by His Spirit?

I can tell you that it wasn't from a book, it was by God Himself coming into man and opening up who He is and His dwelling place. How do I know? The same way as these did by God Himself for He is the only One who can open up who He really is in you. All of these we read of got it from God Himself.

It was quoted of Jesus saying that in that day ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for myself and He will give it me, I did and He did -- no different from these at all, for not I can identify with what happened in these mainly Jesus in Matt 3:16. Jesus referred to this renewing of the mind, as born again, a new heaven and earth is opened and noting is hidden that was hidden concerning God and who He is and who we are in Him.

If Jesus didn't say it Im not really interested in mans interpretations. That is why I follow
Jesus in what was quoted of him instead of these.

It is impossible to follow Jesus on your terms because he left behind no writings of
his own. You are following men whose "quotes" are, at best: hear-say, and at
worst: fabrications meant to manipulate the minds of their naive followers.
_

The post being quoted used a passage regarding the relationship between the husband and wife to justify women not being able to preach or teach from the pulpit.

If anybody believes that just because a person speaks from the pulpit, that they are somehow in authority over anybody in the same manner as a marriage relationship, they need to have their head examined.

As to whether it regards vacation, you will have to examine your own marriage to answer that question for yourself.
Then what does the verse mean? I'm not challenging you...just asking.

_
I suppose the point I was making, and the light in which it was presented...it was followed up by the fall.

The question is, how does that effect what and why Paul gave the rule?

A little off topic but one thing it does show is that Paul had a literal approach to Genesis.

Back