Hallelujah and Hare Krishna

treeplanter

It bothers me that George Harrison embraced Krishna Consciousness
Perhaps it shouldn't, but it does...

I love The Beatles and even though I never knew them personally
{despite the pleasure of briefly meeting Paul McCartney}
I consider them friends - family, even...

As such, it troubles me that any of the Fabs could ever pledge allegiance to a being that agitates for a needless war...

To a being who, in response to a man expressing reservation over the senseless killing of relatives, beloved friends, and revered teachers - urges a mindless capitulation to the moral bankruptcy of an adherence to Divine Command Theory...

To a being who equates the carrying out of one's warrior caste duties {as arbitrarily assigned by a morally bankrupt god} as integral and essential to the balance and continuing existence of the universe, itself, as designed with obvious flaw by said being...

{See the Bhagavad Gita}

The one saving grace, as it were, is that George Harrison's spiritual beliefs were not AS corrupted as those of another musical hero of mine; Bob Dylan

At least, Hinduism/Krishna Consciousness allows that there is more than one way to enlightenment/salvation
Hinduism/Krishna Consciousness maintains that there is more than one path, up the same mountain, to the same peak

Not so with Christianity
Christianity, of course, insists, regrettably, that Jesus Christ is the one and only way to salvation

Last edited:

Perhaps it shouldn't, but it does...

I love The Beatles and even though I never knew them personally
{despite the pleasure of briefly meeting Paul McCartney}
I consider them friends - family, even...

As such, it troubles me that any of the Fabs could ever pledge allegiance to a being that agitates for a needless war...

To a being who, in response to a man expressing reservation over the senseless killing of relatives, beloved friends, and revered teachers - urges a mindless capitulation to the moral bankruptcy of an adherence to Divine Command Theory...

To a being who equates the carrying out of one's warrior caste duties {as arbitrarily assigned by a morally bankrupt god} as integral and essential to the balance and continuing existence of the universe, itself, as designed with obvious flaw by said being...

{See the Bhagavad Gita}

The one saving grace, as it were, is that George Harrison's spiritual beliefs were not AS corrupted as those of another musical hero of mine; Bob Dylan

At least, Hinduism/Krishna Consciousness allows that there is more than one way to enlightenment/salvation
Hinduism/Krishna Consciousness maintains that there is more than one path, up the same mountain, to the same peak

Not so with Christianity
Christianity, of course, insists, regrettably, that Jesus Christ is the one and only way to salvation

You do indeed have to serve somebody.

Considering that it's YHVH's home we're being invited to, I'm thinking that he has every right to define what the conditions are for entrance to his home.

If you don't want to go, you don't have to.

You do indeed have to serve somebody.

Considering that it's YHVH's home we're being invited to, I'm thinking that he has every right to define what the conditions are for entrance to his home.

If you don't want to go, you don't have to.
We all have a right to define the conditions that will result in entry into our homes, Steve
We do not have a right, however, to eternally torture those who do not meet the criteria for entry into our homes

*And nobody worth serving would ever demand to be served in the first place

However, since Jesus IS the ONLY WAY through which a human can be CLEANSED of their SIN, and EVERY OTHER religious system is nothing but worthless garbage, then it's important that one gets it right.

Christianity is THE MOST EXCLUSIVE Spiritual system in existence, and will remain so, because NO OTHER SYSTEM can lead to anything other than eternal hell for its victims.

Simple as that.

However, since Jesus IS the ONLY WAY through which a human can be CLEANSED of their SIN, and EVERY OTHER religious system is nothing but worthless garbage, then it's important that one gets it right.

Christianity is THE MOST EXCLUSIVE Spiritual system in existence, and will remain so, because NO OTHER SYSTEM can lead to anything other than eternal hell for its victims.

Simple as that.
Thank you, Bob, for illustrating exactly why Hinduism is the lesser of two evils...

Hindus:
"The path we're on is the most expedient one, but there are many paths leading to God"

Christians:
"We're right, and not only is everyone else wrong, but they're also going to Hell"

We all have a right to define the conditions that will result in entry into our homes, Steve
Indeed!

We do not have a right, however, to eternally torture those who do not meet the criteria for entry into our homes
You're simply stating that you don't want to be in YHVH's home.

Everything beyond, and outside his home is a fiery domain.
He's not responsible for anything beyond, so it seems like it's become quite a mess.

*And nobody worth serving would ever demand to be served in the first place
🤦🏾‍♂️

Then you will serve the devil, and he's far more cruel and vicious than YHVH could ever be.

In fact, the devil is the one to whom your complaints are valid.... is the one you're actually enslaved to.

You're not just serving the devil... you're his slave, and he's dragging you by the nose, wherever he wants.

2Ti 2:26 WEB and they may recover themselves out of the devil’s snare, having been taken captive by him to do his will.

Thank you, Bob, for illustrating exactly why Hinduism is the lesser of two evils...
Chuckle!!! Hinduism (and every other non-Christian "Ism") leads to an eternity of Hell.

That Hinduism (and other "isms") don't agree doesn't mean SPIT.

That You've bought into the lie is unfortunate, and doesn't bode well for you in the end.

Perhaps it shouldn't, but it does...]
Were you upset when Stevens went from Moon Shadow to worshipping the Moon god?

Can't say I was.

Turns out Harrison triggered you. Are you mad his morals are worse than yours?

Were you upset when Stevens went from Moon Shadow to worshipping the Moon god?

Can't say I was.

Turns out Harrison triggered you. Are you mad his morals are worse than yours?
I've got to admit that I've missed Cat's music.
I was surprised that they brought back his moon shadow in a new TV series recently.

I've got to admit that I've missed Cat's music.
I was surprised that they brought back his moon shadow in a new TV series recently.
I thought it was quite bizarre myself. I do like his music. Then again I acknowledge no music past 1980. :ROFLMAO:

Everything beyond, and outside his home is a fiery domain.
Not true, Steve

I am, right now, apart from God
And I'm not burning!

He's not responsible for anything beyond
You couldn't be more wrong!

God is responsible for everything
It was God who devised the system
It was God who decided that if you're not going to Heaven then you're going to Hell

And He did so consciously, purposefully, and needlessly

God could choose annihilation for me, but instead, He has decided to eternally torture me
God could choose to return me to the unconscious state inhabited by the unborn, but instead, He has decided to endlessly burn me
God could create another place for the unbelievers, but instead, God has decided that the fires of Hell will be their destination

Then you will serve the devil
Wrong again, Steve

I no more believe in the Devil than I do God

he's far more cruel and vicious than YHVH could ever be.
I'll take the Devil over YHVH any day and twice on Sunday

At least Satan is honest enough to admit to his evil

I thought it was quite bizarre myself. I do like his music. Then again I acknowledge no music past 1980. :ROFLMAO:
1980, eh.... 🤔🤣

Well, I'm not that bad.

I'm still waiting for the heavenly "opus."

I'm thinking that it'll be a conglomeration of ancient, post ancient, medieval, renaissance, classical, vaudeville, jazz, rock, post rock and whatever future version of contemporary there will be.

Back