NOT EVERYTHING IS WRITTEN IN SCRIPTURES.

God did not merely send His Son to show people how to "live this life." He sent His Son to die for our sins.
Yes. And what is at the root of His coming to do that?
He sent His Son to die for our sins.

Yes. Because of love.

The whole of God's word is about Christ and Him crucified for our sins.
No, not the whole of God's word. The whole of God's word is really about love. For some reason you cannot see the forest for the trees.

When we stand before God on judgment day, you being "human" will acquit you. Either you are perfectly righteous, or you are not. Either you are perfectly holy, or you are not.
Yep. And with Jesus as my advocate I am righteous - perfectly.
Well at least you are admitting that.
So the message of the Gospel is that we attain perfection and forgiveness (by faith) in Christ alone.
Yes, and? Yet you seem to forget the part that it is love that is at the root of all this. Do you deny that?

No, but because He is a holy God who hates sin.
Good. At least you are not part of the fire and brimstone method of bringing people to Christ.

God displays His love precisely by sending His Son for our salvation. It is by faith in Him, and only by faith in Him, that we are saved.
Yes, it all starts by having faith in Him.

Humans "trying their best" will simply not cut it.
You misunderstand what I mean by people "trying their best" as they go through life. What are we supposed to do, go with trying our worst as we live day to day. That's ridiculous.

Those who believe in Him will not face condemnation.
True. As I said before, He will be my advocate before the Father.

Those who do not believe in Him will face condemnation, regardless of cethem "trying their best."
It's not about people trying to save themselves by "trying their best" AND I NEVER MEANT THAT AT ALL. What I did mean that by virtue of coming here, Jesus knows exactly what all humans face and He takes that into account.

So, as we go through life, I think it is good counsel that all of us should try the best as we can to successfully navigate this life which we have been given. Apparently you are of a different mindset on the issue. So go ahead and try your worst, I'm sticking with trying my best.

Everything I said was meant in that context, and I said nothing to indicate otherwise. Stop with promulgating this nonsense that somehow we Catholics do not see Jesus as the Alpha and the Omega, that everything starts with Him and having faith, and that everything ends with Him at the Judgement.
Heres the context of your statement;

"The whole of the scriptures is a message of love. The love God had for us in sending his only Son, and the love we are to show others as we live this life. That's it, that is the whole of God's word and what He wanted to impart to us."

If you meant anything similar to what i said in my previous post i didn't see it.

So when the pope says something infallibly not supported by Scripture what do you, the RC's do?

*edited to clarify the question
I am not sure if there are any infallible decisions made by the Pope that are not supported by scripture to some extent.

Either way as a Catholic Christian is all has to do with the fact that the Pope has been given authority by Jesus.

I am not sure if there are any infallible decisions made by the Pope that are not supported by scripture to some extent.

Either way as a Catholic Christian is all has to do with the fact that the Pope has been given authority by Jesus.
"the Pope has been given authority by Jesus" to do WHAT?

Write Scripture?
Raise the dead?
Judge the tribes of Israel?
Be the apostle to he Jews?
or just to correct Peter?

To tend and feed his sheep.
wow: that's some authority!!!
Don't all Elders and Overseers do that?

To quote Acts 20:28
, Paul reminded the Ephesian elders that the Holy Spirit had “made them overseers [episkopos], to care for the church of God.”
The infinitive “to care” is literally rendered “to shepherd” (poimainō).
Paul saw shepherding as the primary role of elders who the Spirit had appointed to be overseers. What is helpful to notice at this point is that Acts 20:17, 28 uses some form of all three terms to refer to the same office: elders were appointed overseers to shepherd.

wow: that's some authority!!!
Don't all Elders and Overseers do that?

To quote Acts 20:28
, Paul reminded the Ephesian elders that the Holy Spirit had “made them overseers [episkopos], to care for the church of God.”
The infinitive “to care” is literally rendered “to shepherd” (poimainō).
Paul saw shepherding as the primary role of elders who the Spirit had appointed to be overseers. What is helpful to notice at this point is that Acts 20:17, 28 uses some form of all three terms to refer to the same office: elders were appointed overseers to shepherd.

Tending and feeding his sheep includes "all Elders and Overseers".

T. There is only one Pope.

What authority does a shepherd have over the sheep?

For one he was given authority to settle issues concerning the Christian faith, such as we see in Acts 15, what we are to believe and what we are not to believe.

Would it be fair to say that when Paul confronted and corrected Peter and the judiazers the RCC believes he, Peter, was pope then?

*edited for clarity and proper identification

Christians.
but the Popes have NOT settled issues for all Christians
The Popes have only settled issues for those that agree with the Popes

IN FACT the Popes have not even settled issues for all Catholics

"Regardless, Catholics don't think it is necessary to agree with the pope on issues like abortion and birth control in order to be a faithful member of the church.
Eighty-three percent of Catholics said they think it's possible to disagree with the pope on issues like these and still be a good Catholic,
and 78 percent of American Catholics are more likely to follow their own consciences rather than the pope's teachings (13 percent) on difficult moral issues."
cbsnews.com/news/us-catholics-want-a-younger-more-liberal-pope/

Back