Debate: Trent Horn vs Steve Christie (Marian dogmas)

I asked
is this correct?
"Mary had nothing to do with the 2nd Person of the Trinity being the Son of God"

I asked
was Mary also the Spouse of God?
The issue has been settled. Your seemingly endless journey you take us on with all these questions isn't going to end up proving that Mary is not the mother of God. You don't have the authority and haven't been given the authority to declare that she is not.

The Pope/Magisterium has been given authority to declare Mary, and to give Mary the title of mother of God. You don't agree with it then I suggest that you have a talk with Jesus about it, he is the one who gave the Pope/Magisterium that authority.

The issue has been settled. Your seemingly endless journey you take us on with all these questions isn't going to end up proving that Mary is not the mother of God. You don't have the authority and haven't been given the authority to declare that she is not.

The Pope/Magisterium has been given authority to declare Mary, and to give Mary the title of mother of God. You don't agree with it then I suggest that you have a talk with Jesus about it, he is the one who gave the Pope/Magisterium that authority.
was the 2nd Person of the Trinity always the Son of God?

what are your answers?

what are your answers?
I don't have to answer any of your or engage in endless debates over Christian doctrines. That is the advantage of being a Catholic Christian. We don't have to waste our time with endless debates, like we see other Christians do, because the issue is settled by the one who has been given that authority by Jesus - that would be the Pope/Magisterium.

So if we want to know what to believe as a Christian all we have to do is listen to the Pope/Magisterium - the Catholic church. The Catholic Church has official teachings on this very issue.

I don't have to answer any of your or engage in endless debates over Christian doctrines. That is the advantage of being a Catholic Christian. We don't have to waste our time with endless debates, like we see other Christians do, because the issue is settled by the one who has been given that authority by Jesus - that would be the Pope/Magisterium.

So if we want to know what to believe as a Christian all we have to do is listen to the Pope/Magisterium - the Catholic church. The Catholic Church has official teachings on this very issue.
Translation: I don't know and it isn't written down. I am afraid to answer.

No, I am not afraid to answer, it is just that it has already been answered/addressed.

I am going to listen to the one who has been given the authority to settle the issue.
I have never seen this answered:

here is a truth you need to realize:
conclusions based on false premises are invalid.

The premises of your statements are open for questioning.
The implications of your statements are also open for questioning.

You don't get to claim it rained all night; and avoid answering why the morning grass is dry

Got it. So you make a bunch of claims and have no intention of supporting those claims? Is that about right? Gosh aren't you special people! You don't have to be accountable for anything here huh? Make up any tid bit of bat crazy nonsense and you don't have to prove it or discuss it because you aren't sola scriptura christians. Well, heres my take. I don't believe a word of what you say unless you prove it. Proving your beliefs is central to any faith. Thats why this is an apologetics board and not a fairy tale board. I'll have to look, maybe we have a fairy tale section. Bottom line is, if youre not going to engage and deal with your own speculations then i have no reason to interact with you..
Rome is really in same boat with LW/Lds/Sda as its not what the a scriptures state, but what their leadership states!

The answers that you receive there are wrong!

scripture alone isn't the final authority for the Christian faith.
And because of the Roman Catholic REJECTION OF SCRIPTURE as the final authority, the debate will prove to be a total waste of time, and the Marian pagan blasphemy will continue in the Catholic Churches. God, however, will continue to reach individual Catholics with the Gospel, and lead them to be Born Again, and become Christians.

And because of the Roman Catholic REJECTION OF SCRIPTURE as the final authority, the debate will prove to be a total waste of time, and the Marian pagan blasphemy will continue in the Catholic Churches. God, however, will continue to reach individual Catholics with the Gospel, and lead them to be Born Again, and become Christians.
And once saved, to depart out from there!

Mary is the mother of Jesus and Jesus is the Son of God. Mary isn't your average mother. No other mother can say that her son is the Son of God.
Let me try to introduce a dose of bare-bones reality into your thinking dingoling, - even good and godly people like Mary, fail. If Mary wasn't "your average mother", then why did Mary fail to realize that "her son Jesus, the Son of God", was not in their return home caravan when he was just 12 years old? Once they realized that Jesus was not in the caravan, Mary and Joseph still continued to travel for a whole day, looking for Him among their friends and relatives. When they didn't find Him there, they then went back to Jerusalem to look for Him. They finally found Him in the temple on the third day. Mary said to Him, "Son, why did you do this to us? Your father and I have been terribly worried trying to find you." He answered them, "Why did you have to look for me? Didn't you know that I had to be in my Father's house?" But they did not understand what He said to them." Luke 2: 41-50.
If Mary wasn't your "average mother" dingoling' then why didn't she understand what Jesus said to them? Afterall, she apparently understood and believed everything the angel said to her about bearing the Son of God even though she was a virgin! o_O

We may admire and respect Mary, but to deify any man or woman is not biblical. When you exalt someone, you begin to expect perfection from that person, and that expectation promises only disillusionment. Only God is perfect, and everyone else, whatever their age or position has a nature that is prone to failure. Can you show us where God ever intended for ANY human being to be deified? Grapple with the reality of your own humanity Dingoling. You will fail . . .
daily, weekly, continually. All people do - even those who appear to be godly!

Let me try to introduce a dose of bare-bones reality into your thinking dingoling, - even good and godly people like Mary, fail. If Mary wasn't "your average mother", then why did Mary fail to realize that "her son Jesus, the Son of God", was not in their return home caravan when he was just 12 years old? Once they realized that Jesus was not in the caravan, Mary and Joseph still continued to travel for a whole day, looking for Him among their friends and relatives. When they didn't find Him there, they then went back to Jerusalem to look for Him. They finally found Him in the temple on the third day. Mary said to Him, "Son, why did you do this to us? Your father and I have been terribly worried trying to find you." He answered them, "Why did you have to look for me? Didn't you know that I had to be in my Father's house?" But they did not understand what He said to them." Luke 2: 41-50.
If Mary wasn't your "average mother" dingoling' then why didn't she understand what Jesus said to them? Afterall, she apparently understood and believed everything the angel said to her about bearing the Son of God even though she was a virgin! o_O

We may admire and respect Mary, but to deify any man or woman is not biblical. When you exalt someone, you begin to expect perfection from that person, and that expectation promises only disillusionment. Only God is perfect, and everyone else, whatever their age or position has a nature that is prone to failure. Can you show us where God ever intended for ANY human being to be deified? Grapple with the reality of your own humanity Dingoling. You will fail . . .
Mary was still a sinner, same way all of our moms were!

I don't have to answer any of your or engage in endless debates over Christian doctrines. That is the advantage of being a Catholic Christian.
the only person that label describes is - a catholic who has experienced the rebirth but doesn't yet realize what it means. when they understand the reality of it then they will also know that they are no longer catholic, but instead they are a born again believer of Christ alone - a Christian. their whole life will change because of it.

my sister continued to claim to be a 'catholic Christian' for many months before she dropped the 'catholic' from it. that was about 40 yrs ago.

We don't have to waste our time with endless debates, like we see other Christians do,
those who haven't experienced the rebirth aren't Christians.

because the issue is settled by the one who has been given that authority by Jesus - that would be the Pope/Magisterium.
He gave no authority to those who do not believe in and follow Him - such as your rcc leaders.

that's found nowhere in scripture. so again, the rcc is just a man-made religion. it is not of God and doesn't teach His truth. that's the reason you know so little scripture and understand even less than you think you know.

Catholics haven't deified anyone but God.

Back