Did one Person with divine nature forsake another Person with divine nature?

Yahchristian

I don't think modes can love each other, submit their wills to each other, fellowship with each other, send each other, forsake each other, or share glory with each other.

Hence I believe God is three persons all equally sharing divine attributes.
mode (definition 6a)... a particular form or manifestation of an underlying substance

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

I believe the “underlying substance” is God, and the “particular manifestation” is God “in the flesh” (incarnate).

So, God could forsake God incarnate.

But to clarify your Trinitarian view...

Did one Person with divine attributes forsake another Person with divine attributes?
Yes, it's the cost of sin.

Just to clarify what Trinitarians mean by “divine attributes“...

Would you give the same answer to this question...

I say No. However, God (with divine nature) did forsake God incarnate (with human nature).

Many choke at the great cost of forgiving sin against a perfectly holy God.

Quite a few Trinitarians think only the human nature of Christ suffered.

However, this is quite a shallow view of God's holiness and the cost of redemption.

Making physical suffering the only cost of sin, does not make an equitable judgment with an eternity spent under the wrath of God.

Quite a few Trinitarians think only the human nature of Christ suffered.

You seem to be saying YES.

Can you please confirm that.

I would like to hear from all the Trinitarians on this forum...

You seem to be saying YES.

Can you please confirm that.

I would like to hear from all the Trinitarians on this forum...

I defend PSA (penal substitionary atonement), which teaches that the punishment for sin is necessarily the wrath of God, in quite a few posts on the C/A forum.

I don't mean to spam, but if you are interested I have kind of a series defending PSA, which would logically entail your proposition.

I would invite you to interact with any of them in points of disagreement.

I defend PSA (penal substitionary atonement), which teaches that the punishment for sin is necessarily the wrath of God in quite a few posts on the C/A forum.

It was a YES or NO question.

Why are Trinitarians so reluctant to answer YES or NO questions with YES or NO ???

You can elaborate on your answer, but you should start by saying either YES or NO...

I would like to hear from all the other Trinitarians on this forum as well.

It was a YES or NO question.

I know that.

Why are Trinitarians so reluctant to answer YES or NO questions with YES or NO ???

Because it's not necessary to always use those specific words, it's a stupid requirement.

Why would you ask a stupid requirement?

You can elaborate on your answer, but you should start by saying either YES or NO...

That's a stupid requirement.

You are an intelligent person who can communicate like actual interacting persons.

Also "yes" and "no" questions often have hidden assumptions that need to be addressed.

Last edited:
Sheeze, it's only post 5 and you have only one participant...and you make that statement?

Matt 27:46 tells us...And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

Are you now going to present your spin on that?

Sheeze, it's only post 5 and you have only one participant...and you make that statement?

So.......... are YOU able to answer this question either either YES or NO...

Matt 27:46 tells us...And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

I believe the pronoun “me” in Matthew 27:46 refers to “the man Christ Jesus” mentioned in 1 Timothy 2:5.

Do you agree?

1 Timothy 2:5... For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So.......... are YOU able to answer this question either either YES or NO...

I believe the pronoun “me” in Matthew 27:46 refers to “the man Christ Jesus” mentioned in 1 Timothy 2:5.

Do you agree?

1 Timothy 2:5... For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
OK, so what? That doesn't come close to showing the man Christ Jesus wasn't the second person of the Godhead.

I was just about to post that verse , but I was sitting contemplating if I wanted to go down this rabbit hole.

....... Alan

Just to clarify what Trinitarians mean by “divine attributes“...

Would you give the same answer to this question...

I say No. However, God (with divine nature) did forsake God incarnate (with human nature).

Your own answer is still determinate in , one Person, the Father, forsaking another Person ,the Son.

........ Alan

Your own answer is still determinate in , one Person, the Father, forsaking another Person ,the Son.

But I believe the Father (with divine nature) was forsaking the Son (with human nature).

Are you able to answer YES or NO to the question...

I say No.

OK, so what? That doesn't come close to showing the man Christ Jesus wasn't the second person of the Godhead.

So..........

Are YOU able to answer this question either either YES or NO...

Back