The atheist delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This... lack of belief... "non-stamp collector" trope is just a lazy bait and switch by atheists who want to talk a big game acting like they know best. And then retreat to the neutral corner whenever it suits them. #schmatheism

Your signature says;
"Strong atheism: the belief that no gods exist."

Therefore really really strong atheism is the really really strong belief that no gods exist.

And moderately strong atheism is the moderately strong belief that no gods exist.

And mild atheism is the mild belief that no gods exist.

Are you seeing the pattern here?

Look. Let me break it down for you.

If you think there's no God(s) that's either ;

- a matter of pure faith/belief. (In which case, you're doing what you accuse Christians of doing.)

OR

- a rationally held, evidence-based, tentative proposition. (In which case, you should be able to justify your position with reason, logic and evidence.)
Reason, logic and evidence?

Is God transcendent? I would submit that the term "God" is synonymous with transcendence, therefore, God cannot exist. If transcendence does not transcend everything, and more importantly the one common denominator of everything that exists, i.e. existence itself, then it isn't transcendent at all.

Whatever gods cannot transcend everything that exists are limited, and limited well defined gods are no gods at all. They are the feeble ideas of unimaginative people.

Paul comes up with a fairly good observation in 1 Corinthains 8:6 where he distinguishes between God and Christ. He points out that God is the origin of everything (including Christ) and Christ who is the means by which everything comes into existence. The title essentially denotes existence itself which is logically speaking, eternal. Lo and Behold, the bible explicitly points out that he is the beginning and the end, and that he is eternal. What a co-ink-e-dink.

Therefore, the origin of existence cannot logically exist without creating an infinite regression. Again, there can be no beginning or end to existence. Existence is eternal. To claim otherwise is to violate the law of non-contradiction (e.g. Existence doesn't exist. Nothing exists.).

There can only be a beginning or end to things that exist. If your god is a thing, then it is created. Again, created gods are not really gods.

Paul says something else that is quite interesting in his letter to the Galatians. He points out that "we know god or rather are known of him...etc." He corrects himself because God cannot be known. Why? Because the term refers to omniscience, and omniscience cannot be known, nor can one assume a knower as it is exclusively referring to the faculty itself.

Again, it is no coincidence that Luke records Paul referring to the Unknown god which is the only god one can refer to when referring to omniscience. Of course, it naturally follows that the term can have no referent as one cannot refer to what one can't know. There is only the concept, and it is essentially synonymous with nothing. By definition, nothing doesn't exist.

This... lack of belief... "non-stamp collector" trope is just a lazy bait and switch by atheists who want to talk a big game acting like they know best. And then retreat to the neutral corner whenever it suits them. #schmatheism

Played out here every day.

And a unbelief can't make the truth known to anyone including you, because the truth is that belief is necessary in order to make reality known to everyone including you. So, you're not doing what is required in reality to make the truth known to yourself.
Please don't try to divert the thread to your nonsense.

Played out here every day.
Yeah, the dictionary definition is "just a lazy bait and switch". Good thing we atheists had the power to get every dictionary to change their definition of the word so we could "retreat to the neutral corner whenever it suits" us.

Yeah, the dictionary definition is "just a lazy bait and switch". Good thing we atheists had the power to get every dictionary to change their definition of the word so we could "retreat to the neutral corner whenever it suits" us.

Sure Mr. Lack. It's funny watching it actually.

Blame the dictionary.

Why do that when you provide the amusement?

I don't believe God exists! But I'm not saying God doesn't exist, it's just that I don't think God exists! I would stand stronger about it, like a real atheist but I cannot because I am weak!

Why do that when you provide the amusement?
I am merely quoting the dictionary. If you think it funny, take it up with them.
I don't believe God exists! But I'm not saying God doesn't exist, it's just that I don't think God exists! I would stand stronger about it, like a real atheist but I cannot because I am weak!
I refuse to believe what the dictionary says because I desperately want those who disagree with me to take up a different position to the one they actually do so I can attack them more easily because I am weak!

This is my thread, and you are evading and projecting your unbelief.. You keep reverting to your atheist delusion, as you can't know the truth or reality in your unbelief.
There is no atheist delusion; you have unbelief, the same as me. If I can't know the truth "in my unbelief" (whatever you imagine that means) then neither can you in yours.

Not to mention that the claim that I can't know the truth has been refuted many times by myself and others and the fact that I know infinitely many truths.

You keep using that word. Every time you do, it shows that you do not understand what it means.
You have myriad unbeliefs, just like I. Yours are identical to mine. If I believe mine exist in reality, you believe yours exist in reality. No difference. Whatever you say about my unbeliefs, the same is true of yours.
Not at issue. What is at issue is your false statement that I cannot know the truth. I can and do.
Not at issue. What is at issue is your false statement that I cannot know the truth. I can and do.
Unsupported and false.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no atheist delusion; you have unbelief, the same as me. If I can't know the truth "in my unbelief" (whatever you imagine that means) then neither can you in yours.

I have a belief that the truth, reality, morality, logic, consciousness and existence is the product of God's mind, because there is no other way or place that these thing can be known to exist or occur but a Believing Mind.

Not to mention that the claim that I can't know the truth has been refuted many times by myself and others and the fact that I know infinitely many truths.

You have refuted nothing, but you have shown that you are oblivious to logical truth.

According to logic, the truth, reality, morality and consciousness always existed, because to suggest otherwise is self-refuting. So, if logic, the truth, reality, morality and consciousness always existed and the only way and place that they can be known to occur and exist is in and with a believing mind, then the logical truth, reality, morality and consciousness must have always existed in God's believing mind.

If you disbelieve that the logical truth, reality, morality and consciousness is the product of a believing mind, then say where else other than a believing mind can these things be known to exist and occur?

I have a belief that the truth, reality, morality, logic, consciousness and existence is the product of God's mind, because there is no other way or place that these thing can be known to exist or occur but a Believing Mind.
This literally makes no intelligible sense.

Are you claiming that things that can only be understood by a mind must therefore only exist in the mind?

If so, then I don't understand this, and it therefore must not exist.

You have refuted nothing, but you have shown that you are oblivious to logical truth.

According to logic, the truth, reality, morality and consciousness always existed, because to suggest otherwise is self-refuting. So, if logic, the truth, reality, morality and consciousness always existed and the only way and place that they can be known to occur and exist is in and with a believing mind, then the logical truth, reality, morality and consciousness must have always existed in God's believing mind.

If you disbelieve that the logical truth, reality, morality and consciousness is the product of a believing mind, then say where else other than a believing mind can these things be known to exist and occur?
The only a Believing Mind we are aware of is our own. Therefore the logical truth, reality, morality, consciousness and God can only be products of our own believing mind.

This literally makes no intelligible sense.

Are you claiming that things that can only be understood by a mind must therefore only exist in the mind? If so, then I don't understand this, and it therefore must not exist.

Strawman.

No, I am saying that because the only way and place that the truth, logic, consciousness, existence, morality and reality itself can be known to exist or occur is in and with a believing mind. And because belief is necessary in order to make everything that exists and occurs knowable to exist and occur. Then the basis or foundation of the truth, logic, consciousness, existence, morality and reality itself must be a Believing Mind. And outside or without a believing mind nothing is knowable.

A matter fact, if the only way and place that anything that exists and occurs including these things can be known to exist or occur is in and with a believing mind, then a believing mind must be the basis of everything's existence, because outside or without a believing mind nothing can be known to exist or occur.

Furthermore, quantum mechanics supports this truth claim, because all QM models include an observation or measurement. And observation and measurement logically implies an observer and measurer. Therefore, the very foundation of QM is a Believing Mind.

The only a Believing Mind we are aware of is our own. Therefore the logical truth, reality, morality, consciousness and God can only be products of our own believing mind.

That isn't true, I am aware of many other believing minds (including my family's) and including God's.

And I am also aware that, if the only way and place that anything that exists and occurs, including these things above that can only be known to exist or occur is in and with a believing mind, then a believing mind must be the basis of everything's existence, because outside or without a believing mind nothing can be known to exist or occur. And the existence of a Believing Mind logically entails a Being.

As usual there is no refutation of anything said, but just your tired bravado.
The refutation is simple and we've explained it to you for years. It does not require belief for reality to "occur". It requires belief only to perceive the occurrence. You believe in the lie that a disembodied mind that believes stuff into existence is a necessary foundation for material reality.

That's garbage thinking.

Last edited:
The refutation is simple and we've explained it to you for years. It does not require belief for reality to "occur". It requires belief only to perceive the occurrence.

I see no refutation, all I see is a the ramblings of someone who has no argument, but just bluster.

If believing mind is necessary in order to make the truth and reality known to you. And nothing can be known to exist or occur to you without a believing mind, including the truth and reality, then how can you know of the truth's and reality's occurrence without a believing mind?

You believe in the lie that a disembodied mind that believes stuff into existence is a necessary foundation for material reality.

That's garbage thinking.

Strawman. No, I believe that a believing mind is necessary in order to know the truth and reality. And you have not shown otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back