The Confiteor

the biblical verses I had in mind don't deal with dirt on ones hands
Yes but all your leaders have is their dirty hands. They do not do as the Word says and have become part of the sin of others. They are unclean and the confiteor doesn't make them clean

o_O I would not say that about Christ, Peter, Paul, James, John, etc.
I didn't and you do not follow them. I wish you did but you don't. They would never have allowed the sheep to be harmed. They taught the true gospel not the false one. They would expose sin, not hide it. They followed the scriptures all of them, not just a selective few like your institution. They followed the requirements for leaders and followed 1 cor 5:11. They did not add to scriptures or pray to the dead. So no you are not following them at all.

nope I doubt YOUR interpretation of the reason it was said
"Clearly there must be a way to be perfect as our heaven Father is perfect, or Jesus wouldn't have commanded it."

this is mine
"Lord, Lord, I can't do this; I can't be perfect; save me"

so. are you perfect:
who alive today is perfect?
Protestants treat the Spiritual life as if it is one step: Get saved and your done.
Catholics know that the Spiritual life is a life-long journey, symbolized by the Israelites 40 year journey through the desert. Just like the passage through the Red Sea was the beginning of theirs, baptism is the beginning of ours.

And during our lives we have to fight the good fight against the devil, the flesh and the world by eliminating our vices and growing in virtue. When we have overcome sin and put down the last vice, we have become perfected. No one enters heaven until the very last attachment to sin has been removed.

Protestants treat the Spiritual life as if it is one step: Get saved and your done.
Catholics know that the Spiritual life is a life-long journey, symbolized by the Israelites 40 year journey through the desert. Just like the passage through the Red Sea was the beginning of theirs, baptism is the beginning of ours.

And during our lives we have to fight the good fight against the devil, the flesh and the world by eliminating our vices and growing in virtue. When we have overcome sin and put down the last vice, we have become perfected. No one enters heaven until the very last attachment to sin has been removed.
More false claims and assumptions by an RC. No surprise they think that being sprinkled as babies will seal them, and they can go and sin and sin and sin because they have confessions, last rites and purgatory. They think God will overlook them following false doctrines and blind guides.

Yes I can see how RCs are like being in the desert, they have their pagan goddess and their pagan practices. The older Israelites never enter the promised land not even Moses.

Yes we have seen how RCs fight the good fight, they hide sin, the change the name of things to make out they are not breaking commandments, they sweep evil under the carpet and they rewrite their history to cover up their sin throughout the centuries.

Unlike RCs, real believers are children of the light, living each day as if Jesus could return now:

1 Thess 5

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day...
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

you said
""Clearly there must be a way to be perfect as our heaven Father is perfect, or Jesus wouldn't have commanded it.""

so I ask
I there anyone (adult) living today who is perfect in deed and thought (the context of Matthew 5)

Clearly, you must think there is: so who is it?

back up your claim

you said
""Clearly there must be a way to be perfect as our heaven Father is perfect, or Jesus wouldn't have commanded it.""

so I ask
I there anyone (adult) living today who is perfect in deed and thought (the context of Matthew 5)

Clearly, you must think there is: so who is it?

back up your claim
I wouldn't know because I can't prove it. But neither can you disprove it. I look to the lives of the saints. Many of them had extraordinary gifts given to them by God: gifts of bilocation, prophecy, visions, reading hearts,etc. I believe that most if not all reached perfection in their lives.

Matt 9:24
Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

I wouldn't know because I can't prove it. But neither can you disprove it. I look to the lives of the saints. Many of them had extraordinary gifts given to them by God: gifts of bilocation, prophecy, visions, reading hearts,etc. I believe that most if not all reached perfection in their lives.

Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

You can't provide the name of one single perfect adult

so your claim fails

I don't have to. Jesus provided a way to perfection as He said.
Protestants don't seem to believe Him.
Well you have just proven that you have not reached that perfection as of yet. You misquoted the Scriptures in the first post. It should actually be:

MATT 19:
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Keep Trying.........

Back