Sharing of Christ sufferings

You don't think Christians can be persecuted here in America?
Oh we have seen how RCs think they are persecuted right on these sites. No, not real persecution, please give us all a break from your paranoia. Your obsession is just talk, all talk.

So you live in the states, but attacked me for saying you weren't in a country where Christians are persecuted. I mean really you are a sorry case. I live near one of the biggest Muslims countries in the world. 231,000,000 million Muslims live there. We do not face what the Christians face in that country and I feel blessed that we do not. I am a realist, I do not live in fantasy land.

Last edited:
Oh we have seen how RCs think they are persecuted right on these sites. No, not real persecution, please give us all a break from your paranoia. Your obsession is just talk, all talk.
Scripture says that our battle is with the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. I don't think it matters where we are at.

You don't think Christians can be persecuted here in America?
sure you could. there have been shootings in churches, bakery owners sued and loss of business etc, but nothing like goes on in other countries. people hate / attack those against making their sinful lifestyles legal and do horrible things. the rcc was a big player in persecuting those who refused to be catholic.

why do you want this to happen to you? if you think that'll make you 'Christ like' then you are wrong again.

Paul's prayer is also my prayer:

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the sharing of his sufferings by becoming like him in his death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead......Let those of us then who are mature be of the same mind.

So then yes let those of us who are mature be of the same mind.

Paul also said:

Colossians 1:24, "I am now rejoicing in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am completing what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church."

What is lacking in Christ's afflictions that Paul needed to complete?

Jesus said that if they persecute me they will also persecute you. It doesn't matter what country we live in.

We see suffering/persecution throughout scripture.
Show us where in the Bible that Jesus made any of His followers suffer the same pains and wounds inflicted upon His body, by His hideous crucifixion for our salvation, and then supernaturally put those same fresh wounds upon the human bodies of a select few of His followers. Does that really sound like something Jesus would do, dingoling? Whatever would be the purpose of doing that?

Last edited:
But show us where in the Bible that Jesus made any of His followers suffer the same pains and wounds inflicted by His crucifixion for our salvation, put upon their human bodies, dingoling. Does this sound like something Jesus would do?
Jesus made no one suffer, but with His example we are able to bear the sufferings that come our way.

Show us where in the Bible that Jesus made any of His followers suffer the same pains and wounds inflicted upon His body, by His hideous crucifixion for our salvation, and then supernaturally put those same fresh wounds upon the human bodies of a select few of His followers. Does that really sound like something Jesus would do, dingoling?
John 21:18-19, "Very truly, I tell you, when you were younger, you used to fasten your own belt and to go wherever you wished. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will fasten a belt around you and take you where you do not wish to go.” (He said this to indicate the kind of death by which he would glorify God.) After this he said to him, “Follow me.”

Peter was crucified upside down. Yes, it does sound like something Jesus would do.

Whatever would be the purpose of doing that?

II Corinthians 4:17-18, "For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal."

John 21:18-19, "Very truly, I tell you, when you were younger, you used to fasten your own belt and to go wherever you wished. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will fasten a belt around you and take you where you do not wish to go.” (He said this to indicate the kind of death by which he would glorify God.) After this he said to him, “Follow me.”

Peter was crucified upside down. Yes, it does sound like something Jesus would do.

II Corinthians 4:17-18, "For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal."
Death was around them everywhere in those days. He as a good leader was preparing his followers for what they would face. Persecution was the norm. But it is interesting your institution did not follow Paul or Peter, it followed the Roman overlords and tortured others throughout the centuries. It did not follow Paul and Peter, it followed people like Nero, Aurelius, Valerian etc.

That tells us a lot as to what tree the RCC is and it is not the good tree.

Death was around them everywhere in those days. He as a good leader was preparing his followers for what they would face. Persecution was the norm. But it is interesting your institution did not follow Paul or Peter, it followed the Roman overlords and tortured others throughout the centuries. It did not follow Paul and Peter, it followed people like Nero, Aurelius, Valerian etc.

That tells us a lot as to what tree the RCC is and it is not the good tree.
Persecution has always been the norm throughout the centuries for those who want to live a godly life in Christ Jesus.

Persecution has always been the norm throughout the centuries for those who want to live a godly life in Christ Jesus.
Yep and your institution followed the Romans in persecuting true believers, which proves it is not the real church. You always provide the evidence of the bad tree being the RCC.

sure you could. there have been shootings in churches, bakery owners sued and loss of business etc, but nothing like goes on in other countries. people hate / attack those against making their sinful lifestyles legal and do horrible things. the rcc was a big player in persecuting those who refused to be catholic.

why do you want this to happen to you? if you think that'll make you 'Christ like' then you are wrong again.
Paul wanted to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the sharing of his sufferings by becoming like him in his death.

Why do you think Paul wanted share in Christ sufferings or become like him in his death?

Paul's prayer is also my prayer:

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the sharing of his sufferings by becoming like him in his death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead......Let those of us then who are mature be of the same mind.

So then yes let those of us who are mature be of the same mind.
Suffering is one of the ways we conquer Satan.

Please produce said verse.
Hebrews 5: In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. 8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. 9 And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, 10 being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 5: In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. 8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. 9 And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, 10 being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.
No that is does not say suffering is one way of conquering Satan, as Dingoling posted in #256. You still haven't answered my question as what perfect meant to those hearing the word.

So at what stage was Jesus not perfect. So do you believe Jesus who was both human and divine was not perfect?

No that is does not say suffering is one way of conquering Satan, as Dingoling posted in #256. You still haven't answered my question as what perfect meant to those hearing the word.

So at what stage was Jesus not perfect. So do you believe Jesus who was both human and divine was not perfect?
Jesus was/is always perfect. But He was redoing the life of Adam in His Humanity, and it is in His suffering, and in ours, that we humans are made perfect.

Back