God 'accepts decisions of man'?

Okay, it's a lectionary. It contains the same words that are printed in the Bible, so there is really no difference - Scripture is Scripture. And you are correct, it is divided up to correspond with our liturgical way of worship, so there is really no problem there either.
I was correcting the fact that you said the priest was holding up the bible which it wasnt. Like I said I never saw a bible in any Catholic Church I ever attended.

They follow the same pattern found in the Jewish liturgy. This is especially the case with John's gospel which follows a three-year cycle which is practically identical to what the Catholic church continues to follow to this day.

This strongly suggests that the narratives are liturgical rather than historical.
Just like the Episcopal Church that uses the book of common prayer as their bible. Churches that dont have bibles in their churches and use them should bring up a red flag. How else can one confirm the Word of God without the Bible.

Just like the Episcopal Church that uses the book of common prayer as their bible. Churches that dont have bibles in their churches and use them should bring up a red flag. How else can one confirm the Word of God without the Bible.
A Jew might have made the same observation when pointing to the oral tradition that had emerged among the early church members attending services in their local synagogue. That oral tradition is what eventually became the gospel narratives.

They never felt any need to write it all down until they were ejected from the synagogues. By that time, there were so many Gentile converts who had no idea what the purpose of these narratives was that they eventually just assumed they were historical narratives.

Churches that dont have bibles in their churches and use them should bring up a red flag.
Scripture written down anywhere is still scripture. Plus, speaking scripture from memory is still speaking scripture. I have listened to many a Priest or Deacon give his homily without notes, and the readings and the Gospel for that day were quoted accurately.

How else can one confirm the Word of God without the Bible.
You do realize that our Catholic clergy have gone to seminary and studied the scriptures extensively for many years, right?

That's all well and good. Even satan, demon's and atheists who don't believe God exists, can recall and quote Scripture well. It doesn't take yrs of study to understand the simple message of the gospel. Having a knowledge doesn't do us any good unless we believe the gospel.

Scripture written down anywhere is still scripture. Plus, speaking scripture from memory is still speaking scripture. I have listened to many a Priest or Deacon give his homily without notes, and the readings and the Gospel for that day were quoted accurately.

You do realize that our Catholic clergy have gone to seminary and studied the scriptures extensively for many years, right?
so? some posters here claim the same and they show over and over that they don't know it or understand it. catholics read and study what the rcc teaches, not actual scripture.

catholics read and study what the rcc teaches, not actual scripture.
It's much worse. They read actual scripture and twist it just like Satan does when tempting Christ. This is how all cults operate. Whether it be JW's, Mormons etc. They all take passages directly from scripture, and twist and contort them into the doctrines of demons.

They're so effective at it, the rest of Christendom has been deceived and continues to retain them while believing that they're saved and following Christ.

what are you referring to as 'the Gospel for that day'? does 'the Gospel' change every day?

how do you know it's quoted accurately?

It's much worse. They read actual scripture and twist it just like Satan does when tempting Christ. This is how all cults operate. Whether it be JW's, Mormons etc. They all take passages directly from scripture, and twist and contort them into the doctrines of demons.

They're so effective at it, the rest of Christendom has been deceived and continues to retain them while believing that they're saved and following Christ.
yes, just as their men leaders teach them to do.

yes, just as their men leaders teach them to do.
Again, I think this is a misplaced attribution. They're under demonic possession. The doctrines of demons originate with demons which is why they have no defense for the faith and must rely upon their favorite canard of authority.

It's much worse. Protestants read actual scripture and twist it just like Satan does when tempting Christ. This is how all cults operate. Whether it be JW's, Mormons etc. They all take passages directly from scripture, and twist and contort them into the doctrines of demons.

Fixed it for you!

Fixed it for you!
Your inability to comprehend what is posted is getting annoying. If you read the entire text a few more times, perhaps you'll see that "the rest of Christendom" necessarily includes the Protestant denominations.

Again, the ultimate source of deception is Satan himself. Moreover, as eager as most Catholics are to point out that it was the Catholic church from which all other denominations sprouted, it seems a bit ironic that you feel this need to eliminate the Catholic church completely when it comes to such blatant chronological facts.

Your inability to comprehend what is posted is getting annoying. If you read the entire text a few more times, perhaps you'll see that "the rest of Christendom" necessarily includes the Protestant denominations.

Again, the ultimate source of deception is Satan himself. Moreover, as eager as most Catholics are to point out that it was the Catholic church from which all other denominations sprouted, it seems a bit ironic that you feel this need to eliminate the Catholic church completely when it comes to such blatant chronological facts.
?
You responded to this:
so? some posters here claim the same and they show over and over that they don't know it or understand it. catholics read and study what the rcc teaches, not actual scripture.
I understand perfectly fine.

You do realize that the majority of those teaching in those seminary,s are not even born again.

Let me see they go to seminary where they are further indoctrinated in false teachings, so that means nothing at all. They are often still unsaved as shown by the number of homosexual priests and paedophile priests for example who continue to wallow in their sin.

Back