Here's a great agnostic song

stiggy wiggy

If Christ has yet to reveal Himself to you, I think this lady has a healthy non-atheistic approach to the afterlife:

If Christ has yet to reveal Himself to you, I think this lady has a healthy non-atheistic approach to the afterlife:

I couldn't listen to her voice for more than a couple of minutes, it was grating. Sorry. From the little I heard it sounds agnostic but definitely painful to my ears.

I couldn't listen to her voice for more than a couple of minutes, it was grating. Sorry. From the little I heard it sounds agnostic but definitely painful to my ears.

I find her voice extremely appealing. Here's a Christian song of hers. She wrote both, by the way.

Last edited:
Lol no I was just being polite.

Thanks. No problem. There's no right or wrong when it comes to musical taste. I find a woman's vocals that deviate from the Mariah Careys of the world quite refreshing, especially if bluegrass, like Emmylou or Lacey J. Dalton, for example. But I don't want to pick a fight over musical taste with someone whose pro-life posts in another forum I have read with respect.

Thanks. No problem. There's no right or wrong when it comes to musical taste. I find a woman's vocals that deviate from the Mariah Careys of the world quite refreshing, especially if bluegrass, like Emmylou or Lacey J. Dalton, for example. But I don't want to pick a fight over musical taste with someone whose pro-life posts in another forum I have read with respect.
No I understand and thank you for the kind words. I feel the same. I like Emmylou a lot and she is gorgeous too but this lady's voice, I'm not sure why it was so difficult for me to listen to it. Maybe it was the quality of my speakers or something.

I find her voice extremely appealing. Here's a Christian song of hers. She wrote both, by the way.

Hmmm, looking this thread over it appears that I either forgot to include the song, or the MODS inexplicably removed it. Here it is, but of course it seems now that she's an acquired taste that only I have acquired here at CARM:

Hmmm, looking this thread over it appears that I either forgot to include the song, or the MODS inexplicably removed it. Here it is, but of course it seems now that she's an acquired taste that only I have acquired here at CARM:

Not true... I love Iris. My wife's and my marriage theme song is her and John Prine's duet In Spite of Ourselves. (Skip to 1:40)

But.... your post violated her premise by assuming Jesus is someone to meet. Given that many, many professed Christians claim that this personal knowing is lacking in their faith makes that part of the mystery too. You may profess a personal experience of it, but many that share your faith do not and you can feel a lot of things internally that may or may not be real.

Last edited:
Not true... I love Iris. My wife's and my marriage theme song is her and John Prine's duet In Spite of Ourselves. (Skip to 1:40)

I'm also a big fan of her husband Greg Brown's music in spite of the fact that politically he's a left wing idiot.

But.... your post violated her premise by assuming Jesus is someone to meet.

Wrong. She appears to have met His Holy Spirit, as the second video shows.

Given that many, many professed Christians claim that this personal knowing is lacking in their faith makes that part of the mystery too. You may profess a personal experience of it, but many that share your faith do not ..............

Correct, and I too at one time did not.

Wrong. She appears to have met His Holy Spirit, as the second video shows.
So she, and you, profess. I leave that to the mystery too. Never happened to me. I'll admit Jesus was a strong cultural and peer instigated suggestion that I took on, so much so that if they said he was green and had an extra toe I would have adopted that as well.

Back