Who came up with the idea that Mormons have to earn eternal life?

1 Corinthians 15:49
49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.
Philippians 3:20-21
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.
Hebrews 12:23
23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

RCM

Genesis 2:16-17
And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
Genesis 2:24-25
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife, and they shall be one flesh. 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”
Matthew 19:6
Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.

John 20:31
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing, ye might have life through His name.
1 Corinthians 11:11
Nevertheless, neither is the man without the woman, nor the woman without the man, in the Lord.
Galatians 3:26-28
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ, have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:13
13 But now in Christ Jesus, ye who once were far off have been brought nigh by the blood of Christ.

Matthew 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART from ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE lawlessness.'

RCM

Colossians 1:15
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
2 Corinthians 4:4
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

2 Corinthians 11:4
4 For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel

2 Timothy 3:5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

RCM

Colossians 1:15
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
2 Corinthians 4:4
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

The mormon god is not the Biblical God,

Mormonism worships an unbiblical God

Joseph Smith was not a prophet of the Biblical God

Do you know what the law of non-contradiction is? If something is true, that which opposes it is false!

In Exodus 3:14, God, Himself is speaking and uses the Hebrew Imperfect grammar to describe Himself to Moses that what He is, He has always been, and the same is used in the Greek grammar to describe Jesus in John 1:1

Joseph Smith in the King Follett Discourse (given on General Conference) taught that God was once a man, just as we are, and that he became a God, and that you have to learn how to become gods

Right there, with that one sentence, Joseph Smith reveals that Mormons do not worship the God of Exodus 3:14, and that he, Joseph Smith was not a prophet of the Biblical God of Exodus 3:14!

The mormon definition and doctrine of god comes 3000 years after Moses wrote Exodus, from Joseph Smith in the King Follett discourse and is contradictory. (You want to claim that the KFD is not central to your doctrine? Your prophet stated this at General Conference, and it is core doctrine!)

Mormons who argue that their beliefs should be accepted as truth do so by rejecting true truth from the discussion, case in point!

RCM

13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

Ephesians 4:11-14
11 And He gave some to be apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
12 for the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry, and for the edifying of the body of Christ,
13 until we all come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
14 that we henceforth be no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men and their cunning and craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

The Mormon definition and doctrine of God comes 3000 years after Moses wrote Exodus, from Joseph Smith in the King Follett discourse and is contradictory. (You want to claim that the KFD is not central to your doctrine? Your prophet stated this at General Conference, and it is core doctrine!)
Psalm 82:1
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty[the council of God]; He judgeth among the gods.

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART from ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE lawlessness.'
Luke 6:46
Why do you call me Lord and do not (obey not) the things I say.
1 John 3:4
Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

1 John 3:23
23 And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
24 Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
Titus 2:14
who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all lawlessness and purify for Himself a special people, zealous of good works.

Chapter 7
The Melchizedek Priesthood brings exaltation and administers the gospel—It is received with an oath and covenant—The superiority of the Melchizedek Priesthood over the Aaronic Priesthood is explained—Salvation comes through the intercession of Christ.

You LDS.

23 And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
John 3:36
36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 3:2
2 Loved ones, now we are God’s children; and it has not yet been revealed what we will be. But we do know that when it’s revealed, we shall be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.
1 John 4:17
17 In this way, love is made perfect among us, so that we should have boldness on the Day of Judgment. For just as He is, so also are we in this world.

15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.​
2 Thessalonians 2:14
14 For this purpose he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Luke 6:46
Why do you call me Lord and do not (obey not) the things I say.
I haven't met anyone who perfectly obeys the law. But if a person is a Mormon he is probably trying to obey Mormonism instead of the commandments Jesus taught us to obey.

1 John 3:4
Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.
"The law" was our schoolmaster. As for lawlessness, that would mean doing the things that will keep us out of heaven:
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

24 Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all lawlessness and purify for Himself a special people, zealous of good works.

Mormonism isn't "the Law." Do you think those of us who are saved are not redeemed from lawlessness? (Titus 2:14)

It is amazing to me how inept and corrupt Mormons interpret the Bible so as to justify heretical beliefs and false religion. You interpret it as secret temple ordinances? Pathetic! If you read Paul in context at all,mystery refers to Christ, and wisdom refers to Christ!

Ephesians 3:4 By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ

Colossians 2:2-3 the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding,resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery,that is, Christ Himself, n whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Colossians 1:27
27 For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles,too. And this is the secret:Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

Last edited:
I haven't met anyone who perfectly obeys the law.
Romans 3:22-24
22 the righteousness of God through the faith of Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction, 23 since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; 24 they are now justified by his grace as a gift,through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
But if a person is a Mormon he is probably trying to obey Mormonism instead of the commandments Jesus taught us to obey.
“Because our Savior was obedient,He atoned for our sins,making possible our resurrection and preparing the way for us to return to our Heavenly Father, who knew we would make mistakes as we learned obedience in mortality. When we obey,we accept His sacrifice,for we believe that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all mankind may be saved,by obedience to the laws, ordinances, and commandments given in the gospel.”
Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “‘If Ye Love Me, Keep My Commandments,’” Ensign,May 2014
"The law" was our schoolmaster.
Galatians 3:24-25
24 Therefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ,that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
As for lawlessness,that would mean doing the things that will keep us out of heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators,nor idolaters,nor adulterers,nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,Nor thieves,nor covetous,nor drunkards,nor revilers,nor extortioners,shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Romans 2:6
6 He will render to each one according to his works:
James 2:22
22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;
14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.
Mormonism isn't "the Law.
Do you think those of us who are saved are not redeemed from lawlessness? (Titus 2:14)​
14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all lawlessness and purify for Himself a special people,zealous of good works.

RCM
What makes you think this doesn't apply to your teachers and leaders?
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
And again, this appears to apply more to our critics than it does to us. Faith alone is an invitation to practice lawlessness.
2 Corinthians 11:4
4 For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel

2 Timothy 3:5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.
And again, you all ought to consider if you aren't preaching another Jesus, not the one from the Bible. You call clearly bend his teachings to your own will.
The mormon god is not the Biblical God,
And this is what it ultimately comes down to. It doesn't matter that the scriptures agree with our theology more than it does yours. You all are the arbiters of truth. After we cite the scriptures that support our doctrine, your only escape is to make biased claims such as the one you just made. Such a statement is true ONLY because you say it's true.
Mormonism worships an unbiblical God
This is the same thing you just said. Saying it louder doesn't make it any more true.
Do you know what the law of non-contradiction is? If something is true, that which opposes it is false!
No duh. Really? Isn't that what I've been saying all along. We cannot both be right. We can both be wrong, but if we are right, the other must be false. So far, all I see from our critics are claims that they are right because they say they are right. Their religion does not conform to the teachings of the Bible. There is no such thing as faith alone. Faith in God and in His Son requires action on the believer's part or he cannot be saved. That's what Jesus taught and yet you all wrest the scriptures trying to escape and find another way into heaven.
Joseph Smith in the King Follett Discourse (given on General Conference) taught that God was once a man
And He was, just like Jesus was once a man. Jesus is God, isn't he? (Note: this is classic deflection. You can't win one argument so you bring one up you think you can win as if winning the new argument adds any validity to the one you can't)
and that he became a God,
No such claim is made in the King Follett discourse. The purpose of the discourse was to dispel the idea that God is some giant floating blob outside of space and time, but that like Jesus, he has a physical body and looks just like we do. He never said that there was ever a time when God wasn't God, but there was a time when God didn't have a body, just like there was a time when Jesus didn't have a body.

No one becomes a god. We all have to learn to BE gods.
that you have to learn how to become gods
That's your paraphrasing of the text. It's not what Joseph Smith said.
Right there, with that one sentence, Joseph Smith reveals that Mormons do not worship the God of Exodus 3:14, and that he, Joseph Smith was not a prophet of the Biblical God of Exodus 3:14!
Except, right there, you've reworded the text to fit your animus. It's not what he said and it's not what he meant. Once again, our critics devise false doctrine and then insist that we must defend something that we have never believed nor ever taught.
The mormon definition and doctrine of god comes 3000 years after Moses wrote Exodus, from Joseph Smith in the King Follett discourse and is contradictory. (You want to claim that the KFD is not central to your doctrine? Your prophet stated this at General Conference, and it is core doctrine!)
Again, you're not even close. The KFD is central do our doctrine, you're idea of what Joseph Smith said, isn't.
Mormons who argue that their beliefs should be accepted as truth do so by rejecting true truth from the discussion, case in point!
Except you haven't made a case. You invented one but it's baseless.

Mormonism isn't "the Law."
again, they are the same.
Do you think those of us who are saved are not redeemed from lawlessness? (Titus 2:14)
We are all redeemed from lawlessness. That is not an excuse to continue in lawlessness. The commandments are easy. Do I need to list them? Maybe you can tell me which ones can't be kept.

1. Have no other gods
2. Have no idols
3. don't take the name of God in vain
4. Keep the Sabbath
5. Honor mother and father
6. don't murder
7. don't commit adultery
8. don't steal
9. don't bear false witness
10. don't covet

Which of these is impossible to keep?

Again, they are the same.

We are all redeemed from lawlessness. That is not an excuse to continue in lawlessness. The commandments are easy. Do I need to list them? Maybe you can tell me which ones can't be kept.

1. Have no other gods
2. Have no idols
3. don't take the name of God in vain
4. Keep the Sabbath
5. Honor mother and father
6. don't murder
7. don't commit adultery
8. don't steal
9. don't bear false witness
10. don't covet

Which of these is impossible to keep?
Janice Bower is trying desperately to make it look like we have a separate set of rules and commandments that are exclusive to us and us alone.

Ephesians 4:11-14
11 And He gave some to be apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
12 for the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry, and for the edifying of the body of Christ,
13 until we all come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
14 that we henceforth be no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men and their cunning and craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

The idea that mormon apostles and prophets are appointed by the Biblical God is laughable

If that was so they would have divine insight from God, like Elijah, Elisha, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, and etc.

But, what do we find with the mormon prophet and apostles???

Mere men who were completely taken in by the fraud and con job of Mark Hoffman and the Salamander Letter!

No evidence of divine insight from God, no evidence of divine discerning of Truth!

RCM

Psalm 82:1
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty[the council of God]; He judgeth among the gods.

Still no answer or comment to the following post?

Do you hold the Aaronic Priesthood and the Melchizedek Priesthood?

Do you know what the qualifications are?

First of all it is not called the Aaronic Priesthood, it was called the Levitical Priesthood, and you had to be of the Tribe of Levi and a descendant of Aaron to be able to hold it, do you qualify, No!

How convenient that you didn't post more of Hebrews 7, so let me do it for you,

Hebrews 7:11-17
11 Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the Law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron?
12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.
13 For the one concerning whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no one has officiated at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, a tribe with reference to which Moses spoke nothing concerning priests.
15 And this is clearer still, if another priest arises according to the likeness of Melchizedek,
16 who has become such not on the basis of a law of physical requirement, but according to the power of an indestructible life.
17 For it is attested of Him, "YOU ARE A PRIEST forever ACCORDING to the order of MELCHIZEDEK."

The Melchizedek Priesthood is speaking of Christ and the lineage of Judah

Are you of the lineage of Judah? No!

From a Biblical perspective, it is impossible for you to hold both priesthoods

So, don't quote the Bible to support your heresy!

RCM

Back