Who came up with the idea that Mormons have to earn eternal life?

Luke 6:46
Why do you call me Lord and do not (obey not) the things I say.
1 John 3:4
Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

1 John 3:23
23 And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
24 Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
Titus 2:14
who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all lawlessness and purify for Himself a special people, zealous of good works.

Still no answer or comment to the following post!

You need to address these facts,

You have lawlessness in your Temple!

satan is in the ceremonies in your LDS temple, therefore your temples are unclean

no unclean thing was allowed in the Old Testament Jewish Temple!

The mormon god has satan for a son and satan is in your temple!

RCM

1 John 3:2
2 Loved ones, now we are God’s children; and it has not yet been revealed what we will be. But we do know that when it’s revealed, we shall be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.
1 John 4:17
17 In this way, love is made perfect among us, so that we should have boldness on the Day of Judgment. For just as He is, so also are we in this world.

Jeremiah 14:14-15
14 Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets (Joseph Smith) are prophesying falsehood in My name. I have neither sent them nor commanded them nor spoken to them; they are prophesying to you a false vision, divination, futility and the deception of their own minds (mormons).
15 "Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who are prophesying in My name, although it was not I who sent them—yet they keep saying, 'There will be no sword or famine in this land'—by sword and famine those prophets shall meet their end!

1 John 4:1-3
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;
3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

RCM

2 Thessalonians 2:14
14 For this purpose he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jeremiah 23:16
16 Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who are prophesying to you. They are leading you into futility; They speak a vision of their own imagination, Not from the mouth of the LORD. (Mormons)

RCM

Colossians 1:27
27 For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles,too. And this is the secret:Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

2 Corinthians 11:12-15
12 But what I am doing I will continue to do, so that I may cut off opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the matter about which they are boasting.
13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants (mormons) also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

RCM

RCM said:

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

What makes you think this doesn't apply to your teachers and leaders?

Good Question!, So lets see how Joseph Smith measures up?

(1) Joseph Smith had 37 wives from 1841-1843,

Now is that more reflective of Galatians 5:22-23, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control," or Galatians 5:19, "the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry?"

(2) Joseph Smith taught that the lands around the Mississippi River and East were the lands of the Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, and no historical nor archaeological evidence has ever been found, none!

(3) Here is a direct quote from Joseph Smith towards the end of his life,

"Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go." (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408, 409)

It looks like,

(1) Joseph Smith is guilty of fornication

(2) Joseph Smith is guilty of lying

(3) Joseph Smith is guilty of blasphemy

How do you see it?

RCM

RCM said:

Matthew 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART from ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE lawlessness.'

And again, this appears to apply more to our critics than it does to us. Faith alone is an invitation to practice lawlessness.

You do not have a personal relationship with the Biblical Jesus!

satan is in the ceremonies in your LDS temple, therefore your temples are unclean

Mormonism is a counterfeit and corrupt!

RCM

Jeremiah 23:16
16 Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who are prophesying to you. They are leading you into futility; They speak a vision of their own imagination, Not from the mouth of the LORD. [Mormons]
The command “Be ye perfect” is not idealistic gas. Nor is it a command to do the impossible. He is going to make us into creatures that can obey that command. He said (in the Bible) that we were “gods” and He is going to make good His words. If we let Him—for we can prevent Him, if we choose—He will make the feeblest and filthiest of us into a god or goddess, dazzling, radiant, immortal creatures, pulsating all through with such energy and joy and wisdom and love as we cannot now imagine, a bright stainless mirror which reflects back to Him perfectly (though, of course, on a smaller scale) His own boundless power and delight and goodness. The process will be long and in parts very painful; but that is what we are in for. Nothing less. He meant what he said. (Mere Christianity,C. S. Lewis,Macmillan, 1952, p. 174)

RCM said:

2 Corinthians 11:4
4 For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel

2 Timothy 3:5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

And again, you all ought to consider if you aren't preaching another Jesus, not the one from the Bible. You call clearly bend his teachings to your own will.

Mormons are the ones teaching that their god was once a man (Joseph Smith - King Follett Discourse)

Mormons are the ones teaching that their god once ate the forbidden fruit to get his knowledge (lucifer in the LDS Temple)

In Biblical Theology, all scripture and doctrine must agree with previous revelation with no contradiction!

The Hebrew Imperfect grammar in Exodus 3:14 establishes the theology and doctrine of God, and the Greek Imperfect grammar in John 1:1 complements and supports the theology of the Biblical God, this is why Jesus says in John 8:58, "Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

The mormon definition and doctrine of god comes 3000 years later from Joseph Smith and the King Follett discourse and is contradictory, therefore it is heretical and a lie

You are the one who is a assuming and assuming wrong

The Biblical God is the Living God and the mormon god doesn't exist!

RCM

2 Corinthians 11:12-15
12 But what I am doing I will continue to do,so that I may cut off opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the matter about which they are boasting. 13 For such men are false apostles,deceitful workers,disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 No wonder,for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants [Mormons] also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness,whose end will be according to their deeds.
Matthew 5:48
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

RCM said:

The mormon god is not the Biblical God,

And this is what it ultimately comes down to. It doesn't matter that the scriptures agree with our theology more than it does yours. You all are the arbiters of truth. After we cite the scriptures that support our doctrine, your only escape is to make biased claims such as the one you just made. Such a statement is true ONLY because you say it's true.

Joseph Smith gave you the Book of Mormon

Joseph Smith claimed to be a prophet

Joseph Smith in the King Follett Discourse (given on General Conference) taught that God was once a man, just as we are, and that he became a God, and that you have to learn how to become gods

Right there, with that one sentence, Joseph Smith reveals that Mormons do not worship the God of Exodus 3:14, and that he, Joseph Smith was not a prophet of the Biblical God of Exodus 3:14!

The context is
, Joseph Smith's theology of the mormon god is contradictory to Exodus 3:14 and John 1:1 and John 8:58

The Hebrew Imperfect grammar in Exodus 3:14 establishes the theology and doctrine of God, and the Greek Imperfect grammar in John 1:1 complements and supports the theology of the Biblical God, this is why Jesus says in John 8:58, "Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

RCM

2 Thessalonians 2:14
14 For this purpose he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 1:3
3 He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

RCM said:

Joseph Smith in the King Follett Discourse (given on General Conference) taught that God was once a man

And He was, just like Jesus was once a man. Jesus is God, isn't he? (Note: this is classic deflection. You can't win one argument so you bring one up you think you can win as if winning the new argument adds any validity to the one you can't)

Thank You For This Statement!

It proves you are unbiblical in your interpretation of grammar and theology wherever it contradicts heretical mormon doctrine!

Joseph Smith in the King Follett Discourse (given on General Conference) taught that God was once a man, just as we are, and that he became a God, and that you have to learn how to become gods

Right there, with that one sentence, Joseph Smith reveals that Mormons do not worship the God of Exodus 3:14, and that he, Joseph Smith was not a prophet of the Biblical God of Exodus 3:14!

The context is
, Joseph Smith's theology of the mormon god is contradictory to Exodus 3:14 and John 1:1 and John 8:58

RCM

Hebrews 1:3
3 He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Still no answer or comment to the following post!

RCM

RCM said:

and that he became a God,

No such claim is made in the King Follett discourse. The purpose of the discourse was to dispel the idea that God is some giant floating blob outside of space and time, but that like Jesus, he has a physical body and looks just like we do. He never said that there was ever a time when God wasn't God, but there was a time when God didn't have a body, just like there was a time when Jesus didn't have a body.

You are ignorant about what you are trying to defend!

King Follett Discourse Quote,

"God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens. That is the great secret. If the vail was rent to-day, and the great God who holds this world in its orbit, and who upholds all worlds and all things by his power, was to make himself visible,–I say, if you were to see him to-day, you would see him like a man in form–like yourselves, in all the person, image, and very form as a man; for Adam was created in the very fashion, image, and likeness of God, and received instruction from, and walked, talked, and conversed with him, as one man talks and communes with another.

In order to understand the subject of the dead, for the consolation of those who mourn for the loss of their friends, it is necessary that we should understand the character and being of God, and how he came to be so; for I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity, I will refute that idea, and will take away and do away the vail, so that you may see.

Here, then, is eternal life–to know the only wise and true God; and you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all Gods have done before you,–namely, by going from one small degree to another, and from a small capacity to a great one,–from grace to grace, from exaltation to exaltation, until you attain to the resurrection of the dead, and are able to dwell in everlasting burnings and to sit in glory, as do those who sit enthroned in everlasting power
."

RCM

Still no answer or comment to the following post! You need to address these facts,

You have lawlessness in your Temple! Satan is in the ceremonies in your LDS temple, therefore your temples are unclean. No unclean thing was allowed in the Old Testament Jewish Temple! The Mormon god has satan for a son and satan is in your temple!
Luke 10:18
18 And He said unto them, “I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Job 38:6-7
6 “Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? Or who laid the cornerstone thereof, 7 when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Luke 10:18
18 And He said unto them, “I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Job 38:6-7
6 “Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? Or who laid the cornerstone thereof, 7 when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

John 8:44
44 "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

RCM

Except, right there, you've reworded the text to fit your animus. It's not what he said and it's not what he meant. Once again, our critics devise false doctrine and then insist that we must defend something that we have never believed nor ever taught.

Your false doctrine came from your false prophet in the King Follett Discourse

RCM

Back