Hallelujah and Hare Krishna

Of course I've been paying attention to see if you say anything interesting or different, or whether you actually engage reasonably with what anyone says to you. So far, it's not looking good.
🤔🤦🏾‍♂️

So you only pay attention to play your whack-a-mole game?

Which is actually demonstrating that you don't actually pay attention to learn anything.

Tell that to all the apologists who make arguments. For example, fine tuning, Kalam, contingency, the moral argument etc etc.
And yet you have refused to come follow Jesus based on those arguments.

That takes a special breed to show that you're not actually paying attention.

Why would I rehash the same old things you've established that you don't believe in the first place?
🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

You never give good reason to think it true, and I'm afraid you can't escape this simple bit of logic.
This just demonstrates that you don't actually want to know the truth.

Jesus was quite clear that he will demonstrate himself as real and knowable to everyone who comes to him.

It takes coming.

If your life isn't worth anything to you, nothing will convince you.

Um, did you think this through? I wasn't around at the time when Jesus rose from the dead.
Yep. Sure did.
Apparently you haven't thought it through though.

So you say, but never show.
That's between you and Jesus.

He did after all say,

Joh 14:23 WEB Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

And His Father said,

Jer 24:7 WEB I will give them a heart to know me, that I am Yahweh. They will be my people, and I will be their God; for they will return to me with their whole heart.

So, he's given you the invitation to come and see for yourself.

Mat 11:28-30 WEB 28 “Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Weary? Burdened?
Jesus said he would give you rest.

Isa 30:15 WEB For thus said the Lord Yahweh, the Holy One of Israel, “You will be saved in returning and rest. Your strength will be in quietness and in confidence.”.....

🤔🤦🏾‍♂️

So you only pay attention to play your whack-a-mole game?
More misrepresentation.
Which is actually demonstrating that you don't actually pay attention to learn anything.
I give you every opportunity to say something that would count. So far, nothing of interest.
And yet you have refused to come follow Jesus based on those arguments.
That's because they aren't very convincing. But I thought you didn't place any stock in arguments?
That takes a special breed to show that you're not actually paying attention.

Why would I rehash the same old things you've established that you don't believe in the first place?
Dunno, by all means tell me why you do.
This just demonstrates that you don't actually want to know the truth.
This is just dumb.
Jesus was quite clear that he will demonstrate himself as real and knowable to everyone who comes to him.
How did He do that with you then?
That's between you and Jesus.

He did after all say,
How do you know we have the very words of Jesus?
Joh 14:23 WEB Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
Ah, so you have to believe first, then Jesus makes himself known to you. That makes no sense. You could never know you'd found the real thing or not.

Ah, so you have to believe first, then Jesus makes himself known to you. That makes no sense. You could never know you'd found the real thing or not.
Them: "Believe, then evidence."

Us: "Evidence, then believe.
You know, the way it works in literally every other situation?"

More misrepresentation.
Nope. Simple observation.
You really should learn the difference.
As I'd stated several times before to numerous other people...
If you don't like my observations, you should learn to represent yourself more attuned to how you want to be perceived.

I give you every opportunity to say something that would count. So far, nothing of interest.
🤣

I've been stating plenty that counts.

Your comment just shows that the truth doesn't matter to you.

That's because they aren't very convincing. But I thought you didn't place any stock in arguments?
I don't.

That doesn't mean that they don't have genuine value.

The problem here is that I don't want to just get you to intellectually assent to the probable existence of a being who is probably there.

They, like the heavens, and other pieces of evidence , say- there's someone there who is responsible for everything.

There are those who believe that such arguments are door openers. Something that will get you to seriously consider that YHVH is real.

The gospel of Jesus is how to make his acquaintance. To actually meet him. And THAT is what every follower of Jesus wants for you.

So far, everything you've either stated or done in your actions or lack thereof shows that you believe this is a game. Something that allows you to play philosophical games.

The truth is immaterial to you. Just as long as you believe that you can appear to be erudite and self possessed.

The truth however is far more profound than you could possibly fathom.

I don't engage in philosophical banter because I have found through decades of experience that it's not about this.

Jesus is the sum total of everything that is of supreme value, worth, importance,...

Dunno, by all means tell me why you do.
The Truth of Jesus is worth more than the sum total of all the gold, silver, precious metals and stones throughout the entire cosmos.

I read last year about an asteroid that has so much of a precious metal that if we could be bring it to the earth and be mined, it'd make every single human being on earth a trillionaire.
Mere pocket change in the economy of YHVH.

This is just dumb.
I'm sure that you believe that. Paul tells us that the preaching of the cross of Jesus is utterly foolish to the people who are perishing.
How did He do that with you then?
How? I have no idea. He's created us in his own likeness and image. So I'm thinking that he used His nature and he did what he does to connect with us.
How do you know we have the very words of Jesus?
Read, learn and then do what Jesus said.
Then you will find out for yourself.

I guarantee that you won't be turned into a Muslim and commit mass murder to convert people.

Nor will you be turned into a Hindu, Buddhist, baha'I, etc...

Considering that Jesus said he and his Father will come and make their home with you, you'll get to experience YHVH.

He says that he is the God of Peace. So you'll experience peace.
He says that he is the God of Hope. So you'll experience Hope. He's the God of Encouragement, so you'll experience Encouragement.
He's the God of Joy, so you'll experience Joy. He said he is Love, so you will experience Love. He said he is the God of Comfort, so you'll experience comfort.

You make it sound like you're being told that you have to buy a multimillion dollar store and pay for it up front.

It's not like that at all.

Them: "Believe, then evidence."

Us: "Evidence, then believe.
You know, the way it works in literally every other situation?"
I actually find this amusing.

I had to believe I could actually do physics before I experienced the evidence that it's true.

I actually had to believe that I could code before I experienced the veracity that coding is an effective means of solving certain kinds of problems.

Tell me something.....

When you received the key to your house, did you see someone else use the key first, or did they simply tell you-- "here's the key to your home.
Have a great day and congratulations!"

Because I was handed the key to my home and told- "this is the key to your new home. Congratulations, and thank you for doing business with us."

Same thing with every vehicle I've ever purchased, and every rental I've ever had.

I.e., I had to believe that they were telling me the truth and that they'd handed me the correct keys, in each circumstance.

Last edited:
Odd then that you haven't convinced one person to your point of view.
Whatever convinced you that the truth would be forcefully convincing?

YHVH doesn't arm wrestle people. He tells us the truth and we have to decide for ourselves whether we want to know or not.

Whatever convinced you that the truth would be forcefully convincing?

YHVH doesn't arm wrestle people. He tells us the truth and we have to decide for ourselves whether we want to know or not.
You're not very good at this are you. You said you've said plenty that counts, except no one seems to agree with you so it hasn't counted at all. I see even some of your fellow Christians don't think much of your opinions.

You're not very good at this are you. You said you've said plenty that counts, except no one seems to agree with you so it hasn't counted at all.
Still can't answer the simplest of questions. 🤦🏾‍♂️

I have.
YHVH's Word is eternal, infinitely weighty, and freeing.
It's your sin that enslaves you.

What makes you think I needed the approval, agreement and accolades of others for what I say to have said plenty that counts?

I see even some of your fellow Christians don't think much of your opinions.
And?
This is something that is supposed to be of concern to me?

Why?

Jesus is setting you free from your sin. He is releasing you to be free. That includes freed to return to your own prison of sin.

So, if you don't actually want to be freed, and remain free, so you may live as a freed person, then it doesn't matter what I or anyone else says.

I don't care about all that. The point is you think you've sad things that count, but no one else does.
Ironically....

That emboldened, enlarged statement you made here..... it demonstrates otherwise.

You want to know HOW I actually KNOW that I've stated copious amounts of things that count?

YHVH says

Isa 55:8-11 WEB 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways,” says Yahweh. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 For as the rain comes down and the snow from the sky, and doesn’t return there, but waters the earth, and makes it grow and bud, and gives seed to the sower and bread to the eater; 11 so is my word that goes out of my mouth: it will not return to me void, but it will accomplish that which I please, and it will prosper in the thing I sent it to do.

furthermore, according to Malachi 3:16, God pays attention to what we say.

Mal 3:16 WEB Then those who feared Yahweh spoke one with another; and Yahweh listened and heard, and a book of memory was written before him for those who feared Yahweh and who honored his name.

he pays attention to what we say, and documents it for future reference.

so.... I'm okay that you and undefined others disagree that I've said anything of importance.

YHVH says otherwise.

it gets better still...

Jesus is that he is in the middle of people who are gathering in his name.

Mat 18:20 WEB For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the middle of them.”

so.... according to YHVH and Jesus, by telling you and others about Jesus, I have God's undivided attention and he's paying attention to you too.

No, it's the point made that counts, that you seem to have ignored.
YOUR point was that the critic's opinions matter.

Post in thread 'Hallelujah and Hare Krishna' https://forums.carm.org/threads/hallelujah-and-hare-krishna.9807/post-733241

Post in thread 'Hallelujah and Hare Krishna' https://forums.carm.org/threads/hallelujah-and-hare-krishna.9807/post-733206

And as a former American president, who was a lot more of an adult than you could ever dream of, stated that the critic doesn't count,

Your criticisms are baseless because you don't have any experience to back them up.

Get your derriere in the arena, and then we can talk.

Steve, read your comments back to yourself in the manner you would read those of an atheist and ask yourself how well you reflect the god you represent. Pretend that your comments are a muslim's talking about his god, his koran, his prophet. Your graceless, smug, goading, and loveless responses are a mockery of the providence that is supposed to speak through you according to your scriptures. As a half-ex-half-new Christian trying to rebuild a proper system of doctrine that lines with the conscience God gave me and historic Christianity, I can assure you, your grating and bullying rhetoric in defense of your god is worse than saying nothing at all. Your combatativeness towards outsiders is more convincing; your rage thinly veiled by a façade of smugness and thirst to feed your pride by tiring out others and pretending that you've won the argument— they speak 100x louder than your assertations as written. Your bad manners could make me question my own stance against eugenics if you were to argue against it online. Nobody could imagine your behavior here has brought anyone to your Christ.
Hi G.o.D.

You're more than welcome to come do it yourself. You clearly believe that you can do it better.

So, have at it.

Hi G.o.D.

You're more than welcome to come do it yourself. You clearly believe that you can do it better.
My house plant could do it better.

It is literally a better spokesman for God's grace, biblical values and their practical application than you are.

YOUR point was that the critic's opinions matter.

Post in thread 'Hallelujah and Hare Krishna' https://forums.carm.org/threads/hallelujah-and-hare-krishna.9807/post-733241

Post in thread 'Hallelujah and Hare Krishna' https://forums.carm.org/threads/hallelujah-and-hare-krishna.9807/post-733206

And as a former American president, who was a lot more of an adult than you could ever dream of, stated that the critic doesn't count,

Your criticisms are baseless because you don't have any experience to back them up.

Get your derriere in the arena, and then we can talk.
What @Gameof Discernment said.

Back