How does a Christian know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Mediator of the New Covenant. Heb 12:24

If you want to understand the role of Mediatrix then you need to understand the role that Eve played. She assisted Adam in the downfall of Man. Mary assisted Jesus in Man's redemption.
There is no mediatrix and no comparison to eve is needed. It is just false teachings.

One Mediator of the New Covenant. Heb 12:24

If you want to understand the role of Mediatrix then you need to understand the role that Eve played. She assisted Adam in the downfall of Man.

Yea...I can just see the discussion between Eve and Adam.

Eve: "So, Adam, this is what I am going to do. I am going to listen to the serpent and eat of the fruit of the tree of good and evil. You know why? Because I am going to be assisting you in bringing the downfall of man. You can thank me later..."

Adam: "Eve. You're the best!"!
Mary assisted Jesus in Man's redemption.

Mary was Jesus' mother. She was not the mother of God. I know the tired old RCC argument..."But Jesus is God so equally Mary is the mother of God" and other such nonbiblical nonsense. As far as Mary assisting Jesus in man's redemption, that is pure heresy! And if you believe that you are a heretic. But to allow open discussion of said claim please show clear scriptural proof Jesus needed anyone's assistance in redeeming man. I'll tell you; you won't find any. Jesus redeemed mankind alone. His Father even forsook Him while He bore the sin of the world on the cross, alone. All of the sin. Past, present and future. Alone! He hung on the cross alone. He was buried alone. He rose on the 3rd alone and ascended to heaven alone, without one iota of Mary, or any other sinners help. Good grief, sometimes I find myself thinking that RC's have lost all ability to discern truth from lies and your claim is proof of that.

This rule isn't a valid rule because we can't apply it to all Christian beliefs.

E.g. where does scripture, Jesus, or his apostles speak of the book of Hebrews as being the inspired word of God? They don't, so are we to reject the book as being the inspired word of God? We don't get to pick and choose what Christian belief to apply that rule to.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Romans 10:4
Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Titus 3:5
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

She was not the mother of God.
Only in your opinion. The whole of the Church at the Council of Ephesus proclaimed otherwise. You on the other hand is just making that determination all by your lonesome. I think I'll believe the Church over your determination.

"But Jesus is God so equally Mary is the mother of God" and other such nonbiblical nonsense.
How is that non-biblical? Jesus is indeed God Incarnate on this earth as the scriptures say. Mary is indeed the woman who bore God Incarnate onto this earth as the scriptures also say. At the very least, even you would have to admit that she is indeed the mother of God Incarnate on this earth. For you to deny that, you would have to also deny that Jesus is God Incarnate.

See, one has to separate the two. God the Father, who is and always has been in existence - no Mary is not His mother. But when God came to this earth as Jesus, that is something quite different.

Only in your opinion. The whole of the Church at the Council of Ephesus proclaimed otherwise. You on the other hand is just making that determination all by your lonesome. I think I'll believe the Church over your determination.

Quote please;

How is that non-biblical? Jesus is indeed God Incarnate on this earth as the scriptures say. Mary is indeed the woman who bore God Incarnate onto this earth as the scriptures also say. At the very least, even you would have to admit that she is indeed the mother of God Incarnate on this earth. No?

Jesus' body, by the seed of the woman, was born of the flesh. His Deity was not. Ergo, Mary is NOT the mother of God. She is the mother of baby Jesus.

See, one has to separate the two. God the Father, who is and always has been in existence - no Mary is not His mother. But when God came to this earth as Jesus, that is something quite different.

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one.”

Methinks the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit might take issue with that claim. It's beyond ludicrous and unbiblical. I have yet to see any Scripture, with which the Holy Spirit will lead us into ALL truth that even hints at that.

Sounds like something right out of RCC's uninspired unwritten Tradition, nowhere to be found in God's inspired Scripture.
Where was God's inspired scripture for the first 300 years or so? Not in existence as you now know them. Sure, there were snippets here and there, in fact lots of different writings that were being disseminated around the Christian world. But the truth is, that is all there was - the traditions of the newly evolving Christian Church.

Jesus' body, by the seed of the woman, was born of the flesh. His Deity was not. Ergo, Mary is NOT the mother of God. She is the mother of baby Jesus.
He was God Incarnate, the deity come to earth. Any claim to the contrary is in error and totally unbiblical. Ergo, she is indeed the Mother of God Incarnate. (At the very minimum)

He was God Incarnate, the deity come to earth. Any claim to the contrary is in error and totally unbiblical. Ergo, she is indeed the Mother of God Incarnate. (At the very minimum)

Jesus was born of a woman. A man. 100% God. 100% man. Mary had nothing to do with His Deity because His Deity has no beginning. Mary was the mother of His physical, earthly body. She is not the mother of God. She is the mother of baby Jesus.

How is that non-biblical? Jesus is indeed God Incarnate on this earth as the scriptures say. Mary is indeed the woman who bore God Incarnate onto this earth as the scriptures also say. At the very least, even you would have to admit that she is indeed the mother of God Incarnate on this earth. For you to deny that, you would have to also deny that Jesus is God Incarnate.

NOTHING in Scripture even hints at this. The term "mother of God" has been used to communicate something completely different, and wrongly implies that Mary was the source or originator of God. Scripture as a whole, teaches that God is eternal and that Jesus Christ has a pre-existent, divine nature. The idea that Mary is the mother of God in the sense that she was the source of God or somehow predated God or is herself part of the Godhead is expressly unbiblical.

This blatantly contradicts Scripture which says

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

And you would be wrong.

But you just wrote "See, one has to separate the two." and I countered with Scripture that recorded Jesus' Words:

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one.”

If Jesus says He and the Father are one how can you separate them?

It makes complete sense and is biblical.

So, again, I'll ask, please provide the Scripture that states so and I'll give quarter. Until then you are basing what you claim on the teachings of men, not God's written Word.

You cannot see the forest for the trees.

You can't see Jesus for your fealty to an earthly, self-appointed institution.

Sounds like something right out of RCC's uninspired unwritten Tradition, nowhere to be found in God's inspired Scripture.
Did Eve assist Adam in his downfall? Yes of course she did. She conversed with the devil. She gave in to temptation. She picked the fruit and ate it. Then she handed it to her husband.

Mary, on the other hand, conversed with an angel and gave her consent to her role in God's plan of Redemption. She gave flesh to the Incarnate word - the fruit of her womb, which was nailed back onto the tree.

The New Adam and the New Eve completely undid what the first ones did.

Did Eve assist Adam in his downfall? Yes of course she did. She conversed with the devil. She gave in to temptation. She picked the fruit and ate it. Then she handed it to her husband.

Mary, on the other hand, conversed with an angel and gave her consent to her role in God's plan of Redemption. She gave flesh to the Incarnate word - the fruit of her womb, which was nailed back onto the tree.

Below are verses about Jesus, and NOTHING about mary undoing anything.

Acts 10:43
All the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name."

Acts 4:12
This Jesus is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ 12 Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

Luke 24:47
and in His name repentance and forgiveness of sins will be proclaimed to all nations, beginning in Jerusalem.

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Luke 24:47
and in His name repentance and forgiveness of sins will be proclaimed to all nations, beginning in Jerusalem.

Acts 13:39
Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.

Acts 3:16
By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know has been made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through Him that has given him this complete healing in your presence.

Romans 3:22
And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction

Romans 10:12

For there is no difference between Jew and Greek: The same Lord is Lord of all, and gives richly to all who call on Him,

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist

Hebrews 7:25
Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them.

Scripture speaks of the first and last Adam; not a word about New Eve.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back