How does a Christian know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, again, I'll ask, please provide the Scripture that states so and I'll give quarter. Until then you are basing what you claim on the teachings of men, not God's written Word.
What I propose is just common sense reasoning, and the Bible is all for common sense reasoning.

The same was they can't show any apostle claiming to forgive sin. Because they didn't.
Let's see what Jesus said on the issue. According to John 20: 21-23 it is written:

21Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”22And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.23If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

To think that once given the power to forgive sin they didn't then do so is quite a stretch. Do you deny the words of the Lord?

Let's see what Jesus said on the issue. According to John 20: 21-23 it is written:

21Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”22And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.23If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

To think that once given the power to forgive sin they didn't then do so is quite a stretch. Do you deny the words of the Lord?

This is the Rc's excuse for worshiping saints?

Below are verses about Jesus, and NOTHING about mary undoing anything.

Acts 10:43
All the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name."

Acts 4:12
This Jesus is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ 12 Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

Luke 24:47
and in His name repentance and forgiveness of sins will be proclaimed to all nations, beginning in Jerusalem.

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Luke 24:47
and in His name repentance and forgiveness of sins will be proclaimed to all nations, beginning in Jerusalem.

Acts 13:39
Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.

Acts 3:16
By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know has been made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through Him that has given him this complete healing in your presence.

Romans 3:22
And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction

Romans 10:12
For there is no difference between Jew and Greek: The same Lord is Lord of all, and gives richly to all who call on Him,

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist

Hebrews 7:25
Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them.
Is the Bible the pillar and foundation of the truth? No, the Church is.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Romans 10:4
Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Titus 3:5
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
You didn't answer my question.

Acts 1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

John 16:13-14
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

Jesus' instruction says nothing about the apostles receiving the ability to forgive sins. The Holy Spirits' purpose in coming was to not only give them comfort, but also give them counsel. Emboldening them to preach the gospel message with greater effect. They would have the boldness and strength to testify of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection to all.

The Rcc, is no longer what it was when it began, for before the roman empire took hold of the church, it already had error's introduced into its teachings, no longer bearing the appearance of what the apostles laid down. That foundation has changed drastically after the apostles passed away.

As for the book of Hebrews,

What is written in the book of Hebrews, speaks extensively of what is found in the OT. It fully manifests the glory of God in Christ.

The Rcc, is no longer what it was when it began, for before the roman empire took hold of the church, it already had error's introduced into its teachings, no longer bearing the appearance of what the apostles laid down. That foundation has changed drastically after the apostles passed away.
What source are you using for you statement?

- and we can't show any apostle claiming that the book of Hebrews is the inspired word of God.

That is a fallacious argument and you know it. Does the RCC consider Hebrews inspired? Yes. If it didn't then you might have an argument. You don't. Does the RCC argue their priests can forgive sin based on John 23:20? It does. Does any apostle give witness or testify they forgave sins in Scripture? No. They don't.

You just admitted He was 100% God. That's good.

And then you quickly contradict yourself. Not good.

No, the contradiction is stated in your comment "one has to separate the two". This to support this Mary heresy. I gave you clear Scripture, from Jesus' lips, that:

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one.”

So, are you denying Jesus' words?

Jesus' hypostatic union is beyond question. That said, the contradiction is RCC teaching that Mary is the mother of God. She is the mother of Jesus fully man, earthly body.

Matthew 13:55 "Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas?"

His Deity has no beginning so logically she cannot be the mother of God. She can only be the mother of Jesus. But let me ask you this. If I deny that Mary is the mother of God, which I do, will I be condemned to hell?

I do not deny Jesus' words. I deny the RCC's teaching that man can forgive man's sin against God. Just as I deny Peter is the first pope and the RCC is the only representative of God on earth.

That is a fallacious argument and you know it. Does the RCC consider Hebrews inspired? Yes. If it didn't then you might have an argument. You don't. Does the RCC argue their priests can forgive sin based on John 23:20? It does. Does any apostle give witness or testify they forgave sins in Scripture? No. They don't.
2 Cor 2:10
To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; KJV

What source are you using for you statement?

Much of what is Rc dogma, is not taught in Scripture. Scripture is the measuring stick by which all doctrines and teachings are measured by. It does not matter what denomination. Scripture is still the supreme authority, by which all others are measured by.

I do not deny Jesus' words. I deny the RCC's teaching that man can forgive man's sin against God. Just as I deny Peter is the first pope and the RCC is the only representative of God on earth.
Can you explain then, if not to forgive sins, what was the meaning of Jesus breathing the Holy Spirit on the apostles? The last time God breathed on man was when He breathed Life into Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back