Will "unified" Catholics be backing Mother Miriam?

It isn't worshipping her to give her a capital M. I note that you capitalise the name Satan. If Satan isn't worth demoralising with a small s but Mary is, it gives me at least pause to wonder about the spirits at work here.

Evidence provided here, here and here.
Such a fuss over whether something is capitalized, just proves to me that Rc's worship Mary....

Discussions like this one moves me further and further into the belief that Mary with a capital M is indeed worshiped by Rc's in spite of them saying they don't. Every discussion has to be about Mary with a capital M. No matter what the topic is. Worship of Mary with a capital M, confirmed.

Is that what you think? Verse 50 says,

Matthew 12:50
"For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

In Luke 11:27-28
As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and blessed are the breasts that nursed You!” 28 But He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

Jesus is saying, that it is far greater to hear the gospel message, and embrace who He is, and believe on Him, and in Him, and have a heart that that is conformed to Him and fully relies on Him by FAITH. Jesus was pointing out that this is is far greater than to be related to Him in the flesh.

Both zacchaeus and the tax collector in Jesus' parable believed who Jesus was, and relied on His mercy and grace. They understood that they were sinners, and in need of God's UNMERITED grace. You were too anxious to point me into the direction of Mary and make the conversion all about her instead of about Jesus.
Wow! Take note of Jesus' use of the word "whoever" in Matt 12, vs. 50. This parallels His beautiful invitation in Matthew 11:28-30 where Jesus invited "all" to trust Him. If the nation will not receive Him, at least individuals within the nation and among the Gentiles - will trust Him. Glory to God!

So, did Jesus publicly dishonor His mother? Isn't that what you are implying? If not, then please tell me what Jesus meant.
If so, then your savior broke the 4th commandment and needed a savior as well.
No, Jesus in no way dishonored His mother or any member of His earthly family. What He did do though was to reject their honor. Even our Lord's earthly family did not fully understand Him or His ministry. Even some of His briends thought He was somewhat crazy. But Jesus didn't really care what men thought when he publicly refused their honor.

And yet She (the real Mary, not the Catholic one) and her family thought He'd gone NUTS, and they should go pull Him out of the public view. What's your "Catholic Work Around" for that??
You can be "out of your mind" with anger. Remember when He cleansed the temple?

D
You can be "out of your mind" with anger. Remember when He cleansed the temple?
Do you really thing Jesus was 'out of his mind' with anger. I don't think so, but He gave a great demonstrating of not misusing the Lord's house. Not using it to make money. Do RC churches till have the little shop just outside the inner doors which sell missals, rosary beads, saints lives, relics, holy water etc. Do you think Jesus would be happy?

Wow! Take note of Jesus' use of the word "whoever" in Matt 12, vs. 50. This parallels His beautiful invitation in Matthew 11:28-30 where Jesus invited "all" to trust Him. If the nation will not receive Him, at least individuals within the nation and among the Gentiles - will trust Him. Glory to God!
What is your interpretation of 'all'? Only 'all' the elect? Or even 'all' the non elect?

Your desperation to defend/preserve the "Catholic Blessed Virgin" foolishness is obvious!!!

FACE IT, the REAL Mary, Jesus' mom, had no idea what was going on, and thought He'd lost His mind.

But she HAD done the job of Raising Jesus nicely.
Ridiculous.
Is that what you think? Verse 50 says,

Matthew 12:50
"For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

In Luke 11:27-28
As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and blessed are the breasts that nursed You!” 28 But He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

Jesus is saying, that it is far greater to hear the gospel message, and embrace who He is, and believe on Him, and in Him, and have a heart that that is conformed to Him and fully relies on Him by FAITH. Jesus was pointing out that this is is far greater than to be related to Him in the flesh.

Both zacchaeus and the tax collector in Jesus' parable believed who Jesus was, and relied on His mercy and grace. They understood that they were sinners, and in need of God's UNMERITED grace. You were too anxious to point me into the direction of Mary and make the conversion all about her instead of about Jesus.
That is not what He said. There were no comparisons of lesser or greater. What He was doing is saying that his family is now open to everyone. And it is in baptism that we become adopted sons and daughters of the Trinity.

Mary is honored for the "great things" God has done for her.
Or do you think God didn't do much for her at all?
But we BOTH KNOW that Mary is WORSHIPPED (made obvious by Catholics PRAYING TO HER) as the "Advocate" to Get Jesus to move on our behalf. WHat GOd did for MAry was allow her to gestate, and birth HIS SON, and to raise Him in the nutrture and admonition in the Jewish Faith.

WE honor her for that ministry unto US, but we don't build her up into the usurping semi-godlike MONSTER that the Roman Catholics (and to a much lesser extent, the Orthodox) have built her into. We honor the REAL Mary, and understand her confusions, and ignorances.

But we BOTH KNOW that Mary is WORSHIPPED (made obvious by Catholics PRAYING TO HER) as the "Advocate" to Get Jesus to move on our behalf. WHat GOd did for MAry was allow her to gestate, and birth HIS SON, and to raise Him in the nutrture and admonition in the Jewish Faith.

WE honor her for that ministry unto US, but we don't build her up into the usurping semi-godlike MONSTER that the Roman Catholics (and to a much lesser extent, the Orthodox) have built her into. We honor the REAL Mary, and understand her confusions, and ignorances.
No, we both know that Protestants can't help saying this repeatedly, despite no proof in Catholic teaching to back their claims.

No, we both know that Protestants can't help saying this repeatedly, despite no proof in Catholic teaching to back their claims.
Christ himself refers to his mother as "woman". Christ denounced honorary titles, but the Catholic church has mastered the art of stacking them on top of each other, e.g. "Most, holy, reverend, father...etc." smh.

Christ himself refers to his mother as "woman". Christ denounced honorary titles, but the Catholic church has mastered the art of stacking them on top of each other, e.g. "Most, holy, reverend, father...etc." smh.
Twice, at the beginning and the end of His earthly ministry, like bookends. And for good reason:

Rev 12: And a great portent appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; 2 she was with child and she cried out in her pangs of birth, in anguish for delivery. 3 And another portent appeared in heaven; behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems upon his heads. 4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven, and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to bear a child, that he might devour her child when she brought it forth; 5 she brought forth a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, 6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which to be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had borne the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. 15 The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with the flood. 16 But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river which the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17 Then the dragon was angry with the woman, and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and bear testimony to Jesus.

Twice, at the beginning and the end of His earthly ministry, like bookends. And for good reason:

Rev 12: And a great portent appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; 2 she was with child and she cried out in her pangs of birth, in anguish for delivery. 3 And another portent appeared in heaven; behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems upon his heads. 4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven, and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to bear a child, that he might devour her child when she brought it forth; 5 she brought forth a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, 6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which to be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had borne the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. 15 The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with the flood. 16 But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river which the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17 Then the dragon was angry with the woman, and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and bear testimony to Jesus.
'the woman' in those verses is not Mary.

I've already seen photo's and video's as well as what has been posted on this forum. All of that has proven this to me, by Rc's themselves. Any discussion towards Christ, ends up with but, but, but mary. When I was speaking of the tax collectors receiving forgiveness, I was interrupted with

Tell me why Jesus would be handing out salvation to people He came across but not His own mother. How was their faith greater than hers?

The above is from post 92 of this thread, in which the author of the above quote, couldn't resist making mary the topic instead of what Christ was doing.

Jesus' purpose and mission was for the very purpose of handing out salvation to all who are willing to believe the gospel message. And people who believe the gospel message today. It wasn't hard for people in bible times to accept Jesus' testimony, for what He preached was spoken in the OT Scriptures. To those who did believe, the promise of salvation was given to them, based on faith in who Jesus claimed He was.

Revelation 19:10
At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”

Testimony of Jesus, NOT mary.

The above is from post 92 of this thread, in which the author of the above quote, couldn't resist making mary the topic instead of what Christ was doing.

Jesus' purpose and mission was for the very purpose of handing out salvation to all who are willing to believe the gospel message. And people who believe the gospel message today. It wasn't hard for people in bible times to accept Jesus' testimony, for what He preached was spoken in the OT Scriptures. To those who did believe, the promise of salvation was given to them, based on faith in who Jesus claimed He was.
And it was a fair question, considering your post #61:

pilgrim, I just recently showed you scripture, that shows people received salvation by faith, BEFORE Jesus died on the cross

Back